• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1st Feb 2020: The Silver Forum Lounge with Numistacker @ London Coin Show

Message added by ChrisSilver

*ALL spaces taken*

Please attend the event as a guest :) but all table space has now been booked

Reservations:

@jultorsk ½ table (Gold Member, so £25) 

@SovTracker full table space (Silver Member, £55) 

@InvestInCoins888 full table space (Platinum Member, £45)

@BackyardBullion full table space (Platinum Member, £45)

@AgD ½ table (Silver Member, £27.50)

32 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

What do you do if the customer transfers the money and it gets stopped for checks?  Either way it’s going to take some trust and bullion, like laptops & mobile phones is a magnet for fraudsters. 

Or take large amounts of cash- with the risk of being mugged on the way out of the venue? 

I don’t know what the answer is- perhaps viewing the coin- showing your I’d, paying by bank transfer and then having the coin mailed out?

Even going into a bank to withdraw a sizable amount of your own cash, you would encounter the Spanish Inquisition at the desk...and be likely met with ‘you’ll have to make advance notice to withdraw this amount of cash’

And try paying a lot of cash into a bank account...you are assumed to be a money launderer or drug dealer, at least until you can prove your innocence...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/12/big-cash-withdrawals-bank-barclays-denied-access

There’s many, many reports of people experiencing difficulties withdrawing even modest amounts of cash. 

2 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Just wondering- at the LCS is there many? Any dealers that sell World coins such as Méxican or South American coins? 

Thanks

I will have my Mexican up for sale rich 😉

4 hours ago, AgD said:

I will have my Mexican up for sale rich 😉

Unfortunately, I’ve lost the debate with my wife of us travelling down to London in the morning so I won’t be able to attend. 

What Mexican coins are you selling? Perhaps drop me a PM or take a photo of your table 😀

1 minute ago, Paul said:

ooooohhhh !!!! interesting. 

London Coin Company maybe ??

Sorry I have no idea on the name of the company. They dealer had the same position they had last year. Anybody able to confirm the dealer's name. On the floor upstairs with a large display of coins with lights. 

Fairly prominent position upstairs. 

Can anybody name the dealer ?

11 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Sorry I have no idea on the name of the company. They dealer had the same position they had last year. Anybody able to confirm the dealer's name. On the floor upstairs with a large display of coins with lights. 

Fairly prominent position upstairs. 

Can anybody name the dealer ?

I remember him from last year, very expensive pricing IIRC. @terakris can confirm!

I don't know their name, they have the same pitch each time. I refuse to deal with him after hearing how he spoke to some poor old chap wanting to get a price on a proof sovereign he bought. He literally destroyed this old guy saying he had bought junk and it's worth scrap at best. There is a way to deal with customers and that isnt it.