• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How Poland secretly moved £4bn of gold from London

5huggy

This and MANY similar repatriations lately -

Is starting to look like MOST governments want their own GOLD in "THEIR OWN POSSESSION"

Hmmmm  - - Ive often said (on here) -  IF you dont "HOLD" it  - - - You dont "OWN" it!!

Looks to me like the governments are thinking similarly!! or they are starting to NO LONGER TRUST EACH OTHER!!!!!!

Poland’s gold reserves have been stored at the Bank of England for decades, having been evacuated from Poland at the outbreak of the Second World War amid fears they would fall into the hands of Nazis.

This Nazi narrative doesn’t make sense to me since it was over just 6 years after the evacuation. 

At the same time Germany’s gold reserve was held in the BOE (Paris and NY – Moscow apparently didn’t get a slice?!)  to keep it out of Soviet reach.

Why would the gold be kept in England when for more than 70 years the Nazi threat is over and the Soviet Union would gladly keep a watchful eye over it?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7750425/4billion-gold-secretly-flown-London-Poland.html

I guess the saying that Gold is a barbarous relic no longer true.....

@augur read article above URL link to understand how majority of it ended up in the Bank of England

How Poland's gold was secretly shipped through four continents for five years to hide it from the Nazis

Thanks @Abyss, a well portrayed journey.

The part that i do not understand is why it never was returned since 1945 until now. The Blitzkrieg lead to the Blitzevakuation but does not explain why it remained in custody for 75 years. 

Poland were once worried of one extreme Marxist Stalin, now they have the threat of comrade Corbyn taking the reins here in the UK.  Look what Gordon Brown did, you can only judge a horse by the races its ran 

Central Banks, European especially have been repatriating their gold for a while. from what I’ve read the general fear is that Fiat is going to tank. Shame Gordon Brown blew most of ours (UK) away. 

I watched this a while back, it’s pretty interesting, but I think they are listening to @5huggy if you don’t hold it you don’t own it! 

Is anybody here repatriating their gold from the banks to their home? 

From what I hear the physical market is also only covered 10% as many investors never bother to take delivery. 

12 minutes ago, augur said:

Is anybody here repatriating their gold from the banks to their home? 

From what I hear the physical market is also only covered 10% as many investors never bother to take delivery. 

I have started making alternative arrangements to SD boxes to be honest. Am getting a bit more paranoid lol. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

2 hours ago, augur said:

Thanks @Abyss, a well portrayed journey.

The part that i do not understand is why it never was returned since 1945 until now. The Blitzkrieg lead to the Blitzevakuation but does not explain why it remained in custody for 75 years. 

IMHO - It could have been used purely as "Collateral" for intergovernmental loans etc - - but NOW they, and many other governments are seeing through the "FIAT FOG" 

THAT they helped create! 🙄

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I have started making alternative arrangements to SD boxes to be honest. Am getting a bit more paranoid lol. 

In the event of a major financial catastrophe, what guarantee is there that a government won’t block access to private safety deposit boxes and seize precious metals stored there too?

21 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

In the event of a major financial catastrophe, what guarantee is there that a government won’t block access to private safety deposit boxes and seize precious metals stored there too?

Exactly why am looking into alternative 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

7 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

That's pretty neat. Are they gold?

What I'm not sure about, is supposed you're mugged in feudal Japan, wouldn't they also take your sword?!

A few silver and one gold. Think I have photos up on the forum somewhere. 

I think stealing a person’s sword was taboo but not sure

Archived