• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My new 2 piece "Thumbprint" bar! Short vid

MantisMetals47

Just now, SILVERFINGER said:

Did you burn your thumb ?

Ohh hahaha deff didn't use my thumb,,, I had a misspour and it created a lil thumbprint bar,, which I the smaller,, so I let it cool outside and get cold and poured the rest of it on top of the smaller bar and it made those amazing ripples,, then I stamped as hard as I could and fortunately on the 2nd to last stamp the smaller one popped off! And now it is what it is haha 

4 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

I heard they used to load shot gun cartridges with gold and shoot them into cave walls and try and sell the mine.....

Umm very random fun fact, there is a CO that makes buckshot shells that are clear with silver buckshot 

22 hours ago, MantisMetals47 said:

Umm very random fun fact, there is a CO that makes buckshot shells that are clear with silver buckshot 

You talked about silver bullets  and potentially firing them... not some random lol 😂 

In gold rushes this was common when trying to sell a cave or a mine that had no gold left....

5 hours ago, silverdocket said:

You talked about silver bullets  and potentially firing them... not some random lol 😂 

In gold rushes this was common when trying to sell a cave or a mine that had no gold left....

Lol I meant mine was a random fun fact 😛 great info though!

You should be able to turn off Auto-Focus or AF in the settings.

This makes it much easier for these kind of shots and a ruler can help out as well or just doing it by eye to be like 3-5 inches in front of the camera each time or the item is 3-5 inches in front of the camera itself each time. The reason it's easier is the items are mostly in the same spot each time when you put them in front of the camera. This is from my own personal experiences of doing 4k video editing and/or 4k video recording (myself).

1 hour ago, E23 said:

You should be able to turn off Auto-Focus or AF in the settings.

This makes it much easier for these kind of shots and a ruler can help out as well or just doing it by eye to be like 3-5 inches in front of the camera each time or the item is 3-5 inches in front of the camera itself each time. The reason it's easier is the items are mostly in the same spot each time when you put them in front of the camera. This is from my own personal experiences of doing 4k video editing and/or 4k video recording (myself).

I'm on a ghetto smart phone atm but I will deff look for those settings!

1 hour ago, MantisMetals47 said:

I'm on a ghetto smart phone atm but I will deff look for those settings!

I decided to make a video myself. When you get a better camera yourself this might help you out a bit (IDK).

This is a simple video I made (not a professional - but have been doing it for a while). These are two coins that I goof around with myself.

https://streamable.com/f553h

I Turned off Auto-Focus - I then selected for it (cameras focus) to only go for one area and not to Focus / Auto Focus unless I told it to do so. I selected the distance from the camera I wanted to use and then just left it at that and it doesn't Auto-Focus because I turned that off. I shake a bit myself and it gets bad at times especially if I'm laying down. The shaking got a bit bad so I had to set them up against something myself. I usually do this kind of shooting myself (having it sit in front of the camera - not holding it) and/or shooting of distances of 6-12 inches away from the camera.

If you plan on making more videos which I figure you do. This might help you out a bit or else disregard. I do this type of stuff just for fun sometimes.

On 30/11/2019 at 19:42, E23 said:

I decided to make a video myself. When you get a better camera yourself this might help you out a bit (IDK).

This is a simple video I made (not a professional - but have been doing it for a while). These are two coins that I goof around with myself.

https://streamable.com/f553h

I Turned off Auto-Focus - I then selected for it (cameras focus) to only go for one area and not to Focus / Auto Focus unless I told it to do so. I selected the distance from the camera I wanted to use and then just left it at that and it doesn't Auto-Focus because I turned that off. I shake a bit myself and it gets bad at times especially if I'm laying down. The shaking got a bit bad so I had to set them up against something myself. I usually do this kind of shooting myself (having it sit in front of the camera - not holding it) and/or shooting of distances of 6-12 inches away from the camera.

If you plan on making more videos which I figure you do. This might help you out a bit or else disregard. I do this type of stuff just for fun sometimes.

Thanks for the tip! I did try but my phone doesn't have an autofocus setting, i will be buying a real camera soon,, nice vid!

Archived