• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Group buying

Christo

Hello! I'm new here! Iv been looking into getting involved in silver a while now. Have been watching back yard bullion recently and saw that people make group purchases via this site? I was looking to purchase pretty soon.

How often do these purchases happen? 

Thanks in advance 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/11/2019 at 12:27, BackyardBullion said:

For the foreseeable future we won't be running any more group orders. Perhaps if if in January we actually achieve a brexit deal and move on to a transition period we will open up another group order. For the time being all that we can offer is this discount code for their shipping costs

7 minutes ago, Christo said:

Hello BYB great channel by the way.

Thanks for the reply. Would that be a discount code for the shipping from the european mint website!? 

That would be great is really like the Robin hood coins from there. 

You can use BYB50%OFF as a discount code. It will give you 50% discount on postage (before VAT is applied).

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

That's great thank you Soo much! 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to purchase via Euro mint? 

I like the Robin hood ones but would anyone know if they are a good coin to have.

The reason I want then is because my son is called Robin and they will probably be for him in the distant futurw.

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Christo said:

That's great thank you Soo much! 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to purchase via Euro mint? 

I like the Robin hood ones but would anyone know if they are a good coin to have.

The reason I want then is because my son is called Robin and they will probably be for him in the distant futurw.

Thanks 

The Robin Hood coins, might not be the best buy, when the time to sell comes. Your son will probably get more cash for his silver when you go for Britannia's.

I'm not sure exactly yet as I have not purchased before.

But thank you for the help everyone 

Added 0 minutes later...
28 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

Check out the buy/sell page on here

uk and Europe always some good deals and normally cheaper than anywhere in the uk

Thank you 

39 minutes ago, Christo said:

Unfortunately that is not longer valid! :(

I believe it's only valid after you select your address and have an actual price for the postage in your basket. 

Also, when buying from the European Mint check prices  and pay via bank transfer in EURO directly, rather than pounds. Their exchange rates are notoriously inaccurate from EUR to any other currency. To pay in Euro with very low bank fees use TransferWise. 

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

@Christo i would not buy silver coins from UK dealers - they have to charge VAT so the prices will tend to be higher. If you are ordering from the likes of European Mint or goldsilver.be you need to be buying a decent amount - not the odd coin - a few hundred euros of silver. The shipping pushes up your average price too much if you buy a small amount.

If you are serious about this i would get a premium membership with the silver forum. It will mean you can see the items that are for sale on the forum as soon as they appear. Otherwise you will not be able to see the offers until they have been up for a few days and then a lot of the best coins have been sold. i would recommend you buy from members of the forum for a start.

Decide what you are about - are you stacking weight - getting your average price as low as possible, not really collecting anything or are you going to collect something specific. Personally if you are collecting something specific i would go for the better quality coins - the likes of Perth Mint Lunar coins. A lot of the general bullion coins - like Britannias, Austrian Philharmonics, Armenian Ark, Australian Kangaroos, Canadian Maples, Somali Elephants... these will develop milk spot. They say the Maples are being treated with something and they are more resistant to milk spot - i do not buy Royal Canadian Mint silver coins unless they are near spot price b/c they all have a high risk of developing milk spot.

Think about getting some gold - yes it is a lot more expensive but it will never get milk spot! You will find most of the people here are very keen on sovereigns and strongly recommend giving more focus to gold. i have certainly noticed a mood shift over the time i have been here.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

@Christo

Welcome to the Forum, i'm new to both the forum and stacking myself and have found the Buy/sell listings on the forum to be a great place to buy at a good price, if you're going to be buying frequently it might be worth becoming a paid member as you get to see the listings earlier (3 days i beleive someone will correct me if i'm wrong) than standard members.

There are some great deals to be had on here and agree everyone on the forum is very helpful and it's a great place to be!

Best of luck

Archived