• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

Ebay figures are very easy to fake - plenty of £1 max seller fess promos as well so very easy to fake bid up your own coin....you never have to pay...and next time you sell it "looks" like one sold for that.

Im not saying that is what has happened for sure, but its very very easy to do and ebay prices should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

Real coin auctions are more likely to be accurate.

3 hours ago, Madstacks said:

Real coin auctions are more likely to be accurate.

But who’s to say shill bidding doesn’t happen here too? Asking a genuine question... I have almost zero knowledge of how auctions operate. I’ve seen how high value items are won by clients over the phone who aren’t even present, or are represented by some agent... who are they? Corruption exists everywhere, even the most well known establishments. How can one trust an auction house any more than eBay, especially when it comes to high value items. 

Edited by westminstrel

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

But who’s to say shill bidding doesn’t happen here too? Asking a genuine question... I have almost zero knowledge of how auctions operate. I’ve seen how high value items are won by clients over the phone who aren’t even present, or are represented by some agent... who are they? Corruption exists everywhere, even the most well known establishments. How can one trust an auction house any more than eBay, especially when it comes to high value items. 

I mentioned back in this topic way back (or maybe it was another una topic) that it could well be dealers bidding up coins to influence future sales - that can absolutely happen, But on ebay it can be done with zero expense if you was to pick the right time (or well a pound) - in the auction houses you will have to pay commission. Can happen anywhere but more funny business happens on ebay for sure.

Well.   I happened to be the seller and accepted an offer against a Buy it Now auction.   And yes I paid 13% fees, 10% to ebay and 3% to paypal.   That's still less than I would pay to my local auction house.

31 minutes ago, spazmodic said:

Well.   I happened to be the seller and accepted an offer against a Buy it Now auction.   And yes I paid 13% fees, 10% to ebay and 3% to paypal.   That's still less than I would pay to my local auction house.

Just fyi - Coin Cabinet Auction sales fee is 10% raw coins, 9% for graded coins. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

8 hours ago, Madstacks said:

Im not saying that is what has happened for sure, but its very very easy to do and ebay prices should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

It has happened for sure.

Edit.

I am referring to ebay sales in general, not to the recent case of the Una, just realised you may have been referring to that🤔

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

https://www.biddr.com/auctions/mdcmonaco/browse?a=1285&o=pd

The highest graded original Una and the Lion is going under the hammer later today in Monaco. 

Start bid 500,000 euros

also some fabulously rare UK graded gold in sale. 

Guesses on the hammer price to it sells for??

I'll say 630,000

1 hour ago, Paul said:

https://www.biddr.com/auctions/mdcmonaco/browse?a=1285&o=pd

The highest graded original Una and the Lion is going under the hammer later today in Monaco. 

Start bid 500,000 euros

also some fabulously rare UK graded gold in sale. 

Guesses on the hammer price to it sells for??

I'll say 630,000

Gahhhh!!! I wish I had 💰💰💰 

On 12/10/2020 at 16:39, Paul said:

and Aston Martins, stamps, Australia, jobs & 1970's coins have exactly what to do with 2020 Una & the Lion ???

What do these historic auctions have to do with the 2020 Una :P 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Silver Una PF70 with a first release label sold for a tad over the equivalent of £10,000 (before 11% buyers fee, so buyer paid £11,500ish) this month at auction in The Far East. 37 bids made but don’t know how many bidders were involved. Legit auction. Seller took a 10% hit for fees, so received a tad over the equivalent of £9,000

Edited by Oldun

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Bxlsteve said:

Hello all! 

No news of the new master ingraver or did I miss something? 

many thanks !! 

Last year it was the very last coin released by the RM in December. This year they’ve churned out a lot of coins and series. So probably they will release the next coin in this one towards the very end of the year too (not too long to go now).

8 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Last year it was the very last coin released by the RM in December. This year they’ve churned out a lot of coins and series. So probably they will release the next coin in this one towards the very end of the year too (not too long to go now).

I thought it was released on 25 November last year.

It was released late November. My own purchase was made on the 26th of November though that was a day or possibly even two after release - crazy this wasn't at all a sell out on launch day given where it is today.

There were problems that introduced delays to a lot of customers in receiving these coins. If I remember right it was the deep strike they were struggling with. The one that I originally received wound up being sent back due to the capsule opening in shipment and the coin getting scratched. It did take quite a while to get a replacement.

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome

On 13/11/2020 at 18:47, damok666 said:

No news is good news (for my credit card). 

Just get another!! 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA