• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

I was not going to get this due to the expense even though I thought that it was a good one for a longer term collection but I weakened after a couple of messages this morning from people telling me all about it... I think 2oz Gold is a really nice size and i have no 2oz gold coins in my collection. £3995 is a lot of money and it means that i will need to find some coins that add up to most of this and sell them over the next couple of weeks but 225 mintage for this is pretty good and I was impressed at the overall care that they have gone to in reminting this iconic piece. I am sure that there will be a 2039 version but thats a way off and there is no guarantee I will be alive for that one so 2019 it is and with no chance of ever buying an 1839 one this will be one to keep in the long term collection and treasure. I also just ordered a silver one for balance and good measure to be sent to the USA in order to get it with no VAT.

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, sovereignsteve said:

You certainly dont mess about!

I guess i should have been working this morning to earn more rather than spending it

2 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I was not going to get this due to the expense even though I thought that it was a good one for a longer term collection but I weakened after a couple of messages this morning from people telling me all about it... I think 2oz Gold is a really nice size and i have no 2oz gold coins in my collection. £3995 is a lot of money and it means that i will need to find some coins that add up to most of this and sell them over the next couple of weeks but 225 mintage for this is pretty good and I was impressed at the overall care that they have gone to in reminting this iconic piece. I am sure that there will be a 2039 version but thats a way off and there is no guarantee I will be alive for that one so 2019 it is and with no chance of ever buying an 1839 one this will be one to keep in the long term collection and treasure. I also just ordered a silver one for balance and good measure to be sent to the USA in order to get it with no VAT.

Added 0 minutes later...

I guess i should have been working this morning to earn more rather than spending it

But did you buy anything nice yesterday

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I didnt realise the mintage was so low and the premiums were so high.

85% of the silver is reserved and if my calculator isnt broke then theres just shy of 450 remaining..

Might give this one a miss 🙁

A very interesting coin indeed! Need BIG cohones for the gold at that price though imo without any idea how the series is going to go! :o

An absolutely lovely thing to own though if one coverts the original :D

RM's QC has been very poor recently (even by their standards!) so they must deliver the absolute best without exception here - at that price every single coin should be nothing less than absolutely perfect.

I wouldn't risk the silver myself for spots.

23 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

But did you buy anything nice yesterday

I wanted the 1893 1 SOV PF but that went for way more than i thought it was worth. I did manage to buy the 1825 1/2 Sov MS64. I really like this coin and its in amazing shape1088061189_PhotoNov2492409PM.thumb.jpg.7e17cefe8bb0e4c532691d603343b088.jpg

3 minutes ago, kimchi said:

A very interesting coin indeed! Need BIG cohones for the gold at that price though imo without any idea how the series is going to go! :o

An absolutely lovely thing to own though if one coverts the original :D

RM's QC has been very poor recently (even by their standards!) so they must deliver the absolute best without exception here - at that price every single coin should be nothing less than absolutely perfect.

I wouldn't risk the silver myself for spots.

I'm a little concerned about the silver with longer term defect spots like you say but fingers crossed.  🤞

26 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

I'm a little concerned about the silver with longer term defect spots like you say but fingers crossed.  🤞

24 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Spots are the concern. Never had an issue with Perth but RM is another matter.

At least the silver can go on display. I could afford the gold but I wouldn't know what to do with it.

Take all precautions necessary imo and no for goodness sake don't display this outside an airtight and contaminant-free environment (unless you don't mind losing the/some premium, or think that despite spots the premium will be maintained).

Even RM sterling silver from the last few years has spotted. :wacko:

Also, if bought direct, check very very carefully upon receipt that the coins are flawless imo.

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Take all precautions necessary imo and no for goodness sake don't display this outside an airtight and contaminant-free environment (unless you don't mind losing the/some premium, or think that despite spots the premium will be maintained).

Even RM sterling silver from the last few years has spotted. :wacko:

Also, if bought direct, check very very carefully upon receipt that the coins are flawless imo.

Hopefully it will come in a suitable display box. There are no pics of it. 

I bought from the Coin Connection as I understand they check the coins before sending them out. 

20 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Hopefully it will come in a suitable display box. There are no pics of it.

You don't want to be thinking about how it's presented imo, you need to think about long-term will it spot etc - that means taking extra measures, unless you don't just want it as a display piece that may lose some value due to deterioration.

24 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

I bought from the Coin Connection as I understand they check the coins before sending them out.

I know this is certainly true of the gold proofs, for silver I'd suggest to contact them directly to make sure what their process is :)

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

I wanted the 1893 1 SOV PF but that went for way more than i thought it was worth. I did manage to buy the 1825 1/2 Sov MS64. I really like this coin and its in amazing shape1088061189_PhotoNov2492409PM.thumb.jpg.7e17cefe8bb0e4c532691d603343b088.jpg

Bugger didn't realise you were bidding on it aswel :D