• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver price survey

paolo

Hi all,

I think is interesting to know what you people of the forum think about the future silver price, therefore i was thinking out of curiosity to make a small survey:

Where do you think will be the silver price in USD one year from now?

I personally thinking above 18 and below 20, given no major economic wild card.

Thank to everyone willing to answer.

As long as there is no black swan event I think silver should be between $19 to $22. A lot depends on the election next November in the United States. If Donald Trump wins it should slow the rise of silver but if say a Warren or Sanders wins with all the new taxes and regulations they want silver and gold should go way up.  Most of the people I listen to on bloomberg tv think if one of those two dem's win the stock markets will fall around 30% which will be good for the metals. And just yesterday Mrs Clinton said she is thinking about running again.   So with all of this mess I am buying all the metals I can.  Jim

$127.50 but I still wont value PM's against a dollar that is currently worthless... Currently the US debt clock has it at $920 an ounce... With adjusted inflation added in on the spot price 100 years ago, how can the price of silver be the same? Answer is: IT CANT!  All currencies are worthless. They only keep the perception of their value alive by suppressing the price of PM's.

Some say if US-China trade war settles, then silver is going down in price.

Also, according to Jim Ricards, if some sort of a crisis happen, then silver goes down at the beginning, as everyone would run into USD and after banks start to "fix" the problem by printing money, PM's should run.

So, as everyone else says, silver price depends on other factors.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of JP Morgan silver traders got indicted for silver manipulation. I heard something about silver shorts at the end of December. Another about taking delivery from the Comex it doesn't have in December. Saw a video, there is more above ground gold than silver. The dollar to silver ratio is now $1,047. With banks failing in India and China, people will run to the dollar and raise it's value, in turn hammer silver. But since September 11th the Fed is trying to contain the repo market. By injecting $6 billion a night since. Throw in a black swan, could moon shot by next year!

I think it will drop to $15 at some point or so myself then rise to around $19 unless something economically happens. I think it will fluctuate between there.

This is until 2021 and again no economic wildcards like you said.

I want to buy under $17 for the year if not under $16 for the most part myself.

I know discussing silver price makes most sense in US dollar, however there are so many economical indicators world wide, which make more sense looking at in in your own currency.

Brexit and Deutsche bank going down, will impact world economy for sure, but Euro will be impacted more then US dollar.

US dollar will be impact more then other currencies by losing it world reserve currency status. Which could happen gradually within the next ten years. We are seeing many signs already of countries moving away from the USD dollar.

Coming back to your question. Imo global recession is inevitable. It's just a question about timing. I'm pretty sure it will happen within the next 5 years. The US presidential election will delay the recession through artificial market stimulus. Therefore I don't expect the big move for silver in 2020 yet. Hence during 2020 I see silver top around $20.

I fully agree with all the other comments.

Europe's economy is falling apart but mainstream media is not reporting on it. 

They claim there is a boom in Ireland but yet nobody sees an increase in their pay packet...

It's a boom of illegal immigration alright.... we call them welfare/ benefit tourists Who sent home 3 billion from the Irish economy  each year but other than that everything is slowing down and there is a big bang coming.

I don't see physical as a gamble  so buy what you can afford to spare.

Prices have been steady  but as soon as the magic carpet is pulled they will quickly rise...

Magic carpet equals  stock market collapse 

Archived