• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fake 1 oz Scottsdale bars from Dealer

ilovesilverireallydo

note: taking off dealers name for now till we get confirmation who was at fault 

Seen a thread on a Facebook group about a batch of fake 1 oz silver bars from a dealer.

update: am trying to get the exact information as to how they got to them etc.

The deal is someone bought them and had receipt and everything. Sold them on. New buyer complained they were fake. 

Dealers have been informed and bars are awaiting return. 

my personal opinion is new buyer might have pulled a switch. Should know soon.

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

On 07/11/2019 at 21:12, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Seen a thread on a Facebook group about a batch of fake 1 oz bars from (the dealer)

they refunded, but be vigilant out there

Wow, (the dealer)  never realised they were fake. I would have thought they would have done their own testing before selling them. I take it the bars were from their pre owned stock.

To give a little balance to the thread. I've dealt with (the dealer) a few times.

I've never had a problem so far and they tend to be the best for price in my experience.

They are a little slow to ship as they tend to order in new stuff.

I would be livid with a counterfeit purchase though.

On 08/11/2019 at 20:04, AurumArgenti said:

To give a little balance to the thread. I've dealt with (the dealer) a few times.

I've never had a problem so far and they tend to be the best for price in my experience.

They are a little slow to ship as they tend to order in new stuff.

I would be livid with a counterfeit purchase though.

Yep I am of the mind that a switch has been made after it left them

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 minute ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Yep I am of the mind that a switch has been made after it left them

It's a possibility. It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation and moments to destroy it. 

I don't know all the facts but I wouldn't rush to judge till all the facts are in.😬

2 hours ago, JackKlugman said:

How would that be possible ?

I really like (the dealer) (and have bought hundreds of £ worth of Gold and Silver from them) but it seems as if they made a mistake and supplied a fake bar. I also think they supplied BYB with a fake gold coin too but were very quick to put things right

Byb was a bit different- it was real gold but forged coin. 

these bars we suspect something else fish is going on and think a buyer is messing around. 

still trying to get more info

This sounds dodgy. I cannot in a million years think a reputable dealer would let anything fake pass through their doors. Too many checks in and out etc. They even film packages being put together. Totally senseless to even suggest anything other than someone having a wise crack here. No other explanation.

I am possibly the last one to stand up for this dealer, but at the end of the day, they are only trying to run a business and this sort of thing can ruin a business. Maybe everyone on the thread could edit their messages to remove reference to the dealer in question?

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

This sounds dodgy. I cannot in a million years think a reputable dealer would let anything fake pass through their doors. Too many checks in and out etc. They even film packages being put together. Totally senseless to even suggest anything other than someone having a wise crack here. No other explanation.

I am possibly the last one to stand up for this dealer, but at the end of the day, they are only trying to run a business and this sort of thing can ruin a business. Maybe everyone on the thread could edit their messages to remove reference to the dealer in question?

Yeah that’s why I edited their name out. 

maybe @ChrisSIlver or @HelpingHands or @morezone could or simply delete this thread so we get concrete proof of what’s gone on instead of causing their business harm. 

Good work!

On the issues at hand...why risk a business for a load of 1oz bars? Makes no sense at all to risk it all for £20 here and there.......even if there are 100 of them it’s still just not worth it given the amount of gold they deal in...

As is clear from this thread, people will stop buying from people who do this...

3 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I bought a gold coin from this dealer that was down as new, but can scratched and  dented.    The said it was bullion and to be excepted.     In my eyes that wasn’t good enough. They may be a big dealer but they aren’t the best when it comes to quality.

I aint used them yet and I am not going to risk it to be honest, there is plenty of other dealers out there that I use that I trust 100% and have never let me down nor any of my friends who use them.

4 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I bought a gold coin from this dealer that was down as new, but can scratched and  dented.    The said it was bullion and to be excepted.     In my eyes that wasn’t good enough. They may be a big dealer but they aren’t the best when it comes to quality.

Did you buy it as a bullion coin which ultimately can be scratched , dented or buggered(subjective, as highlighted blew) ? The problem I see is folks are buying new "semi numismatic" coins at a premium but the dealers are receiving them and passing them as bullion regardless of condition and premium. There is a diffence in expectations on both sides. Having said all this, I believe, any new gold coin sold for +10% above market value should be considered semi numismatic and condition should be a factor. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I'd say a good idea is invite the buyer to tour their facility and pay for them to fly there, put them up and then give them a real day showing them the in's and outs then give them a tube of silver just made that day....a good memento like that can make an apology really mean something and good momentum that woukd carry around the hobby quickly.

Archived