• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver after brexit

StackingItAll

2 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

You might only need to go to Northern Ireland.

I'm there all time from there and have a house there too lol

Added 0 minutes later...
3 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

You might only need to go to Northern Ireland.

Plus dont try to give wife reasons for me not to go to europe lol

Lots of people have said this kind of thing.

In a no deal if you go and buy a bunch of silver, bring it into the country and don't declare it then that is basically smuggling and could carry heavy financial and criminal penalties were you to be caught.

Especially so if you are a business like me!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

In a no deal if you go and buy a bunch of silver, bring it into the country and don't declare it then that is basically smuggling and could carry heavy financial and criminal penalties were you to be caught.

Not a business as far as silver goes.

I was subject to a full car search coming back into the UK about 10 years ago - I was told that it was random.  Properly had my car stripped and cameras poked in everywhere.  

I don’t mind because I stay on the right side of the law but it was VERY thorough and they would have found anything hidden. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

7 minutes ago, dicker said:

I was subject to a full car search coming back into the UK about 10 years ago - I was told that it was random.  Properly had my car stripped and cameras poked in everywhere.  

I don’t mind because I stay on the right side of the law but it was VERY thorough and they would have found anything hidden. 

Best

Dicker

Join the club :D

Customs just about took the car apart! The annoying side of it, you have to put the car back together?

They didn't find anything.

They were very polite and good about it but we did have to do the repacking. 

I was coming back international the UK with a friend (we had been skiing) and had a lot of kit with us so there was a lot to go through!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

14 minutes ago, StackingItAll said:

Leads to question on duty free like ciggie etc. Is there an amount you can bring in before duty due?

Totally, but for personal use only like now with cigarettes.

If one of the border guard cronies suspected you were going to sell the silver at some point (let's face it that is a fair assumption!) Then they would slap that tax faster than....I was hoping for an inspirational metaphor here but my wits failed me!

24 minutes ago, dicker said:

They were very polite and good about it but we did have to do the repacking. 

I was coming back international the UK with a friend (we had been skiing) and had a lot of kit with us so there was a lot to go through!

Try Moroccan customs, a machine gun held against your back while an officer goes through your underpants!

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Totally, but for personal use only like now with cigarettes.

If one of the border guard cronies suspected you were going to sell the silver at some point (let's face it that is a fair assumption!) Then they would slap that tax faster than....I was hoping for an inspirational metaphor here but my wits failed me!

I have zero intention of buying to sell silver this is only about personal purchases.

26 minutes ago, StackingItAll said:

I have zero intention of buying to sell silver this is only about personal purchases.

But you will sell it for money one day - thats a lot different to smoking the cigarette and drinking the booze....

Unless you plan to eat the silver 😉

The figure of around £350 "personal allowance" worth of goods is ringing bells with me...

I'm seeing a dozen or so SF members clubbing together to rent a minibus, splitting the costs of fuel and a return ticket for the Channel Tunnel, turning left at Calais and heading into Belgium.

Throw in a "good lunch", and you've got the makings of a very promising Jolly Boys Outing :D

7 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

The figure of around £350 "personal allowance" worth of goods is ringing bells with me...

I'm seeing a dozen or so SF members clubbing together to rent a minibus, splitting the costs of fuel and a return ticket for the Channel Tunnel, turning left at Calais and heading into Belgium.

Throw in a "good lunch", and you've got the makings of a very promising Jolly Boys Outing :D

I can take 6 in motorhome :)

I had similar thoughts but with gold sovs.  If the government slaps VAT back on gold I was going to hop over the pond abuy some sovs and just stick them in my wallet, unless that was emptied and only scanned it would just look like coins in amongst my other coins. 

On 21/10/2019 at 17:48, BackyardBullion said:

but officer its my silver I was just taking it for a walk 🤣🤣

Archived