• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

going to poland

musketsmoke

i am planing a trip to KRAKOW poland very soon 

as you can't get to purchase anything from the polish mint on line 

only can see there catalogue here if you wish https://en.mennica.com.pl/coins-and-numismatic-products/catalogue

i am going to visit it and try to get there price list and wondered if people might be interested in anything while i am there ?

thank you 

The Polish mint shop at Wawel castle was very expensive when I last visited in 2018. There was a very good old coin shop though, about 5 - 10 minutes from the main square. It is called Bil-ka Monety, lots of silver and some gold. Very friendly but make sure you have your haggling boots on!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but was wondering how you got on with this, Im off to Krakow myself shortly and hoping to grab a coin or something while i was there.

Any shops etc that i should keep an eye out for apart from the ones mentioned above?

Cheers

53 minutes ago, musketsmoke said:

i am going to krakow on the 19th 

the mint is near the wawel which is the big Cathedral can't be missed 

Cheers for the reply,

Whats the name of the place? Only one i can find is the "Mint Of Poland" in Warsaw, First time i've been to Poland so i'm not familiar with the area. Only coin related places i can see near there are "Purchase Coins Numismatic Cabinet Avista" and "Fjoda. living Numismatic"

3 hours ago, Coolrico said:

Thanks Guys :)

One last question what is the bullion coin of poland ie UK = Brittania?

Poland doesn't have one. There is only one modern bullion coin that I know of and that is 2018 white eagle 1/10 1/4 1/2 and 1oz Gold. Commemorating 100 years of Polish independence.

5b4367efe275f_p.jpg

5b4367ee6ecf6_p.jpg

They have a lot of 25zl - 200zl commerative coins from the early 2000’s onwards. They come onto ebay from time to time and are all interesting in terms of their historic story telling.

For anyone going to Poland if you get sick of the drinking/ more tourist orientated vibe of Krakow give Warsaw the modern day capital a shot and then also Wrocław...both are stunning and have lots of history to explore but less stag do-ey. 

On 09/12/2019 at 19:01, Goldenbear said:

They have a lot of 25zl - 200zl commerative coins from the early 2000’s onwards. They come onto ebay from time to time and are all interesting in terms of their historic story telling.

For anyone going to Poland if you get sick of the drinking/ more tourist orientated vibe of Krakow give Warsaw the modern day capital a shot and then also Wrocław...both are stunning and have lots of history to explore but less stag do-ey. 

I’ve been to both Krakow and Wroclaw and can vouch for the latter being less touristy but quite interesting history wise. 

Archived