• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

H & B

Foe

Just received my first order from them - my first ever half sov! (Thanks to whoever mentioned the deal 🙂) But! 

I live in old (Regent) apartment building with 3 flats and they just sent it as a regular letter. Is this how they send all orders? I mean every single thing I order even 20£ worth is 99% of the time signed for. I know my neighbors, but googling H&B name takes less than 20 seconds and I'm wondering how long it's gonna take until somebody take their chances? 

It seriously put me off from ordering anything else from them. Along with 4!!! Junk letters that I received prior to my delivery.

1 hour ago, Foe said:

Just received my first order from them - my first ever half sov! (Thanks to whoever mentioned the deal 🙂) But! 

I live in old (Regent) apartment building with 3 flats and they just sent it as a regular letter. Is this how they send all orders? I mean every single thing I order even 20£ worth is 99% of the time signed for. I know my neigbors, but googling H&B name takes less than 20 seconds and I'm wondering how long it's gonna take until somebody take their chances? 

It seriously put me off from ordering anything else from them. Along with 4!!! Junk letters that I received prior to my delivery.

I cant remember if my order was registered or not, however I was a bit concerned  about the logo-ed packaging.  As others have commented it wouldn't take much for a canny dishonest postal worker to find out what was in the package with a quick google search or if they recognised the logo from their marketing add in the press.

If you are worried about it perhaps its a company best avoided in future if you want peace of mind.

11 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

Yep. They are always just signed for. Must be to save costs when offering ridiculously cheap loss leaders like the full and half sovs recently

The problem is they are not even signed for

Speaking personally, I have found putting a few envelopes from H&B in the bin to be a VERY small price to pay for having added a significant number of extremely attractively priced sovereigns and half sovereigns to my gold stack.

Whenever another envelope turns up, I just bin it - simples! And so much easier than getting hot under the collar about it, or going to the trouble of writing sternly-worded cease and desist letters, etc.

@Fastnick same here.
Got several bargain sovs from them and just bin the mailers without opening them now.
Must be expensive as they use quality paper and envelopes but they do make a killing on the regular stuff they sell - but to whom ??

Archived