• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Higher premium silver coins you will sell in time for lower premium silver coins

StevenDS

Most of my silver stack consists out of 1 oz BU silver maple leafs. My strategy is easy, mostly buy maples and allocate a certain percentage of my funds into higher premium silver coins, with the clear intend to sell these after premium increased further, in order to buy more maples. Maples will eventually be converted to gold once the gold to silver ratio makes sense to do so.

Why maples? Easiest to liquidate in my country (Belgium) with lowest delta between sell and buy back prices.

I thought it might be interesting to see who has a similar strategy and is willing to share which higher premium coins they are holding at the moment and will be offered for sale later on. It might be interesting for people to already express interest in buying certain coins they are missing. Once the person decides to sell, they can copy in the interested person when creating the sales topic.

If you do not feel comfortable to share your full stack details, then you can choose not to disclose the actual amounts of coins you hold. I chose to share my full list and amount of 'higher premium' coins.

image.thumb.png.57cc0ec800f5417509558fb191f55f58.png

I have a similar strategy with my silver bullion. One part is coins that either already had some premium or hoping to have one in the future. There are cases that some coins were proved goldmine (like the Swans) while others didn't catch up. If you buy initially close to the price of generic bullion (like the Maples) it's fine to risk. Otherwise one needs to be careful in his choices.

For pure bullion : Eagles, Maples, Britannias, Philharmonics,  some generic rounds, etc

Price close to bullion but potential for uplift: Queen's Beasts, Kookaburras, Koalas, Lunars. I may buy older ones with some premium, if the deal looks reasonable.

With premium already: Got some Chinese dragons, Dolphins, Trade dollars, Scottsdale stuff etc.

There is also the bars, I have several mainly 10 oz, they normally have some premium to start with but easy to reclaim I believe. Not sure where they belong.

Instagram: gildeon_67

I have about 120 numismatic pre-decimal UK silver coins dated between 1676 and 1946, some of which I may sell over time and possibly buy modern UK silver bullion.  But these old coins have lots of charm and intrigue.

13 hours ago, StevenDS said:

Most of my silver stack consists out of 1 oz BU silver maple leafs. My strategy is easy, mostly buy maples and allocate a certain percentage of my funds into higher premium silver coins, with the clear intend to sell these after premium increased further, in order to buy more maples. Maples will eventually be converted to gold once the gold to silver ratio makes sense to do so.

Why maples? Easiest to liquidate in my country (Belgium) with lowest delta between sell and buy back prices.

I thought it might be interesting to see who has a similar strategy and is willing to share which higher premium coins they are holding at the moment and will be offered for sale later on. It might be interesting for people to already express interest in buying certain coins they are missing. Once the person decides to sell, they can copy in the interested person when creating the sales topic.

If you do not feel comfortable to share your full stack details, then you can choose not to disclose the actual amounts of coins you hold. I chose to share my full list and amount of 'higher premium' coins.

image.thumb.png.57cc0ec800f5417509558fb191f55f58.png

Awesome philosophy !

I am not dissimilar in my thinking - 

i do have faith that the GSR is the one thing , going forward, that will enhance leverage (double whammy) of Ag to Au ( but timing uuurgh  - hate the prospect)

It is a BIG factor because you have to watch the volatility of the Silver pricing in relation to Gold at the same time as monitoring the actual ratio!

Silver being extremely volatile in relation/comparison  to gold will,  IMHO, lead to some Serious Swings in correlation! 

more importantly  - i think the "patience" aspect  will win the day - - because i think the time, will be at far higher pricing in "fiat" - than now

But hey HOSE - WOT Duz Aye NO!!  😉

Ps I cant put my spreadsheet up - i'm in the middle of correcting (stocktaking - so to speak)  

If I'm being honest I don't really know exactly what I've got.alot of what I think I have is oin my memory.if I think I have it then I must.some coins with low mintages I've only just got in the last couple of years.to save on postage I usually keep all my orders with the supplier which could be up to 10 orders over a period of 5-8-10 months then get them delivered.i check that they are all presant then after a few days or week or so I'll vacuum pack the lot the into storage.ive only started collecting in the past 4-5yrs but my favourite coins are the 3 5oz 2014 libertad coins that I got from a chap who was working in Mexico as a teacher and was getting silver as part payment.he was selling to head back to Mexico.theyve a really low mintage and very hard to find cheap.i also got 20 libertad 1oz silver coins in their original cardboard or paper tubing before they went plastic tubing.surely be worth something for originality value alone.wait and see what happens.collecting silver is for the long haul so keep on trucking.......

Archived