• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Amount of gold in the world?

RoughDog

Is it anywhere near accurate?

According to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve there's not that much.

Apparently Australia has 280 metric tons. 280 x 32,150 troy ounces.

The Perth mint sells out of 30,000 one ounce lunars every year, not far of a metric ton in the one ounce variation of one coin.  Take all different variations of all their coins and 280 metric tons doesn't sound like much.

Thoughts?

For a mint like Perth they will have raw gold coming in over the weighbridge. The amount of bullion going out would in a perfect world equal what’s coming in with a margin of profit. Gold in reserve is a buffer.

I’d hazard a guess that if every country demanded their gold back from the holding countries the commodities market would kiss it’s arse goodbye.

How much real gold is there in the world?

How much “paper” gold is there in the world?

Answers, on a postcard to PO Box 1955, C/O Planet Spongle.

7 hours ago, RoughDog said:

Australia has 280 metric tons.

this is with the "CENTRAL BANK" - "perth Mint" is a seperate business and will have its OWN supply/store

By way of example - Canada has basically "SOLD OUT" of gold from the CENTRAL BANK Reserves - But Canadian Mint trade a shedload all the time!

The REALLY SCARY FIGURES ARE - - - >>

The total value of all gold ever mined would exceed US$7.5 trillion at that valuation and using WGC 2017 estimates.

AND

US debt alone = =$22,505,853,000,000 (22.5 Trillion) ( NOT INCLUDING - unfunded liabilities)  - check it out here - "VIEWER CAUTION" is advised as VERY SCARY!

This why the likes of Jim Rodgers, Jim Rickards, Maloney,Morgan et al - believe that if gold revalues against these numbers - their maths equates to $10,000 Gold

18 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I've always had my eye on this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanda_Island

But i doubt the current owner will sell. :( 

ONLY up the road for me and bit cold and wet for me personally 

I was thinking "WE" could get this one between us and just live off the RENTAL INCOME 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus

25 minutes ago, LexaTrikru said:

Just because I find it interesting: In Munich there is a precious metal seller "proaurum". They built the building in form of a gold bar with size of 42 by 23 by 8 meters which has a volume of all the gold above ground.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-18 um 20.05.12.png

Ich wünschte, das wäre real und wäre mein Haus - danke, mein Freund

59 minutes ago, LexaTrikru said:

Just because I find it interesting: In Munich there is a precious metal seller "proaurum". They built the building in form of a gold bar with size of 42 by 23 by 8 meters which has a volume of all the gold above ground.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-18 um 20.05.12.png

OH SO COOL - - I WANT ONE!!!  in real AU 999999999999999999999999999999.9 

Archived