• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

I think the "Plunge protection team" (ergo - suppression)  are not at the desk due to US government shutdown

That and peeps starting to run "SCARED"! 

COMBO of two above = UP!

Added 0 minutes later...

$20 jump is a little significant - IMHO

Yes a pop in price today - hit and very briefly got through $1300. Get through $1300 and hold - the next target is $1400 (in the Summer perhaps).

ZthacYCt.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Through $1300 again and from the price action it triggered some short stops - looks like it could end the week above this big round number and at its highest dollar price since June 2018. Price will likely come back to $1300 and then it needs to hold turning resistance into support.

SXlxJUv1.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

My impression of the chart is as long as price holds the $1300 level, all things being equal price will zig zag up to $1400 by the early summer.

GBP has been strong over the last few days - something to do with the market movers interpretation of Brexit.

If gold hits $1400, then the GBP price of gold will be close to, if not above it’s all time high..around £1100 /oz I think. As I only started collecting coins 3 years ago, I have not witnessed the coin market in this environment. Based on comments in TSF, I guess a lot of coin collectors will reduce their purchases ...do you agree or am I way off the mark ...

As I hold investments in gold mining companies and get leverage on the price of gold, I will look forward to a higher price, but I guess most on the forum would not...will be interesting to see how this plays out..

When the price of gold and silver is strong you see members of the forum selling more coins. They are familiar with the previous price action where price goes up to the top of the channel only to go down again. i expect this is why coins collectors would be holding off buying and or selling. At the same time, if gold goes on a tear there will be new collectors enter the market.

Gold and silver are longer term investments. All fiat currencies eventually go to zero. What coin collectors are buying isn't relevant to the gold price.

10 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

If gold hits $1400, then the GBP price of gold will be close to, if not above it’s all time high..around £1100 /oz I think. As I only started collecting coins 3 years ago, I have not witnessed the coin market in this environment. Based on comments in TSF, I guess a lot of coin collectors will reduce their purchases ...do you agree or am I way off the mark ...

As I hold investments in gold mining companies and get leverage on the price of gold, I will look forward to a higher price, but I guess most on the forum would not...will be interesting to see how this plays out..

Its high was $1824 in Aug 2011 which is around £1384 

Screenshot 2019-01-26 at 09.12.41.png

1 minute ago, Kookaburracollector said:

@shortstack68 The USD GBP (cable) exchange rate back then (Aug 11) was about $1.60 to $1.65,  so $1824 would be around £1100 and not £1384 unless I am mistaken...happy to stand corrected..

Yes, you are correct, i was using todays price exchange 🙄

Price breached $1300, returned to $1300, so resistance became support. Now is pushing ahead. GBP fell today against USD so we see gold back over £1000 an ounce.

On 26/01/2019 at 10:12, shortstack68 said:

I think a double top to $1309 before dropping again, possibly forming a cup and handle which i think is a bullish formation

The top of the cup is around the $1350 level - then a pull back if we are to see the cup and handle and then the push on up from there.

There is a good deal of chart resistance at the $1350 level, so a pull back seems likely. Then another run up and through the resistance so completely the cup and handle.

http://www.newtraderu.com/2012/08/20/why-the-cup-handle-chart-pattern-works/

d2gTO2Vz.png

Edited by sixgun

55 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Price breached $1300, returned to $1300, so resistance became support.

doesn't work like that. we are currently at ~$1310 which is

within the ~$1300 support/resistance zone. it's still deciding

what it wants to do as nothing has happened yet.

HH