• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

You have second sight - the paper markets have been closed and gone to zero.
i would look in another browser or clear your cache - that might sort it.

I cleared cache when I logged out, even ran a CCleaner.

Is javascript turned off? - don't know otherwise - better ask ChrisSilver

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• Founder & Administrator
10 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

I had 0.000 coming up on the top of the site header - is this just me ? @ChrisSilver

Occasionally may happen, very occasional and for an extremely brief period. This is due to how the data is called, and the amount of calls at once, this will be resolved when we change the spot bar to have multiple currencies as it will be using a slightly different API that can handle any size traffic.

In future, if you have any technical issues please either direct them to me in a private message, or in the correct sub forum here: https://thesilverforum.com/forum/85-forum-support-reporting-errors/ rather than posting in another topic elsewhere on the forum. 

Spot bar looks to be working perfectly here. If you are still experiencing an error in a few minutes, please send me a private message so that I can look into it for you. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Gold’s Supply Squeeze Should Ease as Swiss Refineries Reopen

despicable me minions GIF   like they think we are going to believe that dose of placation!!!

The supply shortages in the gold market will likely ease in the coming weeks as Swiss refineries start running again.

Three major plants in the Swiss canton of Ticino, Europe’s biggest gold-refining hub, have said they’ve received permission from local authorities to run their factories at a limited rate.

The plants were shut for almost two weeks because of the coronavirus outbreak, which cut off a key source of bullion supply and made it harder for some investors to find gold bars. The difficulty of running gold factories and finding flights to ship them to New York and London has rattled the market at a time when investors are desperate to buy gold as a safe-haven asset.

Full article here - - > > https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/gold-s-supply-squeeze-should-ease-as-swiss-refineries-reopen-1.1417598

6 hours ago, 5huggy said:

Gold’s Supply Squeeze Should Ease as Swiss Refineries Reopen

despicable me minions GIF   like they think we are going to believe that dose of placation!!!

The supply shortages in the gold market will likely ease in the coming weeks as Swiss refineries start running again.

Three major plants in the Swiss canton of Ticino, Europe’s biggest gold-refining hub, have said they’ve received permission from local authorities to run their factories at a limited rate.

The plants were shut for almost two weeks because of the coronavirus outbreak, which cut off a key source of bullion supply and made it harder for some investors to find gold bars. The difficulty of running gold factories and finding flights to ship them to New York and London has rattled the market at a time when investors are desperate to buy gold as a safe-haven asset.

Full article here - - > > https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/gold-s-supply-squeeze-should-ease-as-swiss-refineries-reopen-1.1417598

Well, thats interesting. Looks like Comex/LBMA are definitely rattled and they are panicking about not having any gold and having to carry out some persuading.....

9 minutes ago, Bumble said:

According to Reuters, there is enough gold in London, but the grounding of flights makes it harder to transport to NY.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-precious-gold-cme/growing-new-york-gold-stockpile-eases-fear-of-shortages-idUSKBN21L2DK

So there is a shortage of gold in London, but we already knew that.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could tell me his/her opinion on how much a full set of QB proof gold 1/4Oz will cost in about 1-2 years (when the rest of the coins will be released)? Assuming the spot price will be around £1600 per oz and they all come with box + COA (mint condition). Also, would it be better to grade them? Thanks for opinions/advise 

Edited by Emanuel

22 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could tell me his/her opinion on how much a full set of QB proof gold 1/4Oz will cost in about 1-2 years (when the rest of the coins will be released)? Assuming the spot price will be around £16000 per oz and they all come with box + COA (mint condition). Also, would it be better to grade them? Thanks for opinions/advise 

I think you might want to edit your spot price..£16000 per Oz seems a little optimistic 😂

21 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could tell me his/her opinion on how much a full set of QB proof gold 1/4Oz will cost in about 1-2 years (when the rest of the coins will be released)? Assuming the spot price will be around £16000 per oz and they all come with box + COA (mint condition). Also, would it be better to grade them? Thanks for opinions/advise 

you'll probably end up selling them individually as some will end up as key releases with a higher premium than the others.  similar thing happened with the Perth mint lunar series.

Has anyone noticed what is going on on the forum sales section!  New buyers are buying up nearly all the Gold and they will pay big premiums even bigger than Chards prices eg bullion Gold.  I for one question why someone would not seek out the cheapest source available, unless they have bought there yearly allocation from the Dealers that are still open. 

As some  of you know i am a keen watcher of prices, i use price fluctuation prediction to buy my PMs which i stand by with my own money which i lose if i make bad decisions.   I personally think Gold will increase in price but will pull back when traders need cash.  This will be at the same time the mints come back into full production. 

2 hours ago, Pipers said:

Has anyone noticed what is going on on the forum sales section!  New buyers are buying up nearly all the Gold and they will pay big premiums even bigger than Chards prices eg bullion Gold.  I for one question why someone would not seek out the cheapest source available, unless they have bought there yearly allocation from the Dealers that are still open. 

As some  of you know i am a keen watcher of prices, i use price fluctuation prediction to buy my PMs which i stand by with my own money which i lose if i make bad decisions.   I personally think Gold will increase in price but will pull back when traders need cash.  This will be at the same time the mints come back into full production. 

Members probably post faster?? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

7 minutes ago, cinereus said:

Also don't understand this. There are dozens of posts with people saying the forum is the cheapest place to buy with prices about spot but all I'm seeing is bigger premiums than the commercial dealers!

commercial dealers are not trading right now, most of them don't accept orders, some of them accept orders but don't dispatch your order until the restrictions are lifted and that is not good enough, whereas if you buy gold from the forum you will get  the coin delivered to you very quickly, that is why coins are being sold at high prices and they go quickly too because you can't find any gold out there, simple as that.

If people believe this lockdown is going to go on much longer than being said, and they are worried the price of physical might start to get away from them during that period, then this would cause a surge in those willing to pay the extra premium to get it in hand now.

Edited by Oldun

8 hours ago, cinereus said:

Also don't understand this. There are dozens of posts with people saying the forum is the cheapest place to buy with prices about spot but all I'm seeing is bigger premiums than the commercial dealers!

Yes I have noticed forum has worse prices. Seems to be more of a promotion thing then a reality.

3 minutes ago, Bxlsteve said:

How can you make such a definite statement. 
you joined the forum since things got hectic (2 weeks ago) Since prices have started to spike. 

i am a new member too. When I joined you could easily find loads of stuff at spot (seldom under spot but you shure have to be extremly quick). Since 3 weeks things got a bit more complicated as supply and demand are shifting. 

IMHO you should always think twice before making definite statements. 

sorry but from my point of view, no promotional thing about the fact that the forum is the best place to buy. 

and to sell, since there is no 15% charge as on ebay and dealers normally pay below spot, which is ridiculous especially for silver 

1 minute ago, Bxlsteve said:

How can you make such a definite statement. 
you joined the forum since things got hectic (2 weeks ago) Since prices have started to spike. 

i am a new member too. When I joined you could easily find loads of stuff at spot (seldom under spot but you shure have to be extremly quick). Since 3 weeks things got a bit more complicated as supply and demand are shifting. 

IMHO you should always think twice before making definite statements. 

sorry but from my point of view, no promotional thing about the fact that the forum is the best place to buy. 

I agree, my comment was unfair. Based entirely on last two weeks. I was just taken by surprise when I saw prices. I had planned to sign up to premium to make some purchases.

My guess is in usual times , sellers are just happy to sell at spot and beat spread. In these times, sellers are looking to exploit noobs, which is fair, it's the world we live in.