• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

Me to. Same boat  

£5000-£6000oz maybe by then ??? 

Yeh and a bog roll will cost over £300, and rent will be what? Rent and mortgage payments today are £1,400 gold at 6k at the same 73% ish rate would make rent 4.3k per month…….cities and towns will be burning before that happens. 

While I'm on the subject: Under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 Parliament created a liability that all inhabitants of a county are liable to pay council tax. However section 79(2) Local Government Act 1888 (which has not been repealed) states that "all duties and liabilities of the inhabitants of a county shall become duties and liabilities of the council of such county". So there you have it, the council should be paying the council tax and anything else you are slapped with like PCNs, water, gas etc when they created the liability it is automatically transferred to the council under the Local Government Finance Act 1888.

I read a BBP article about 20% of their customers are ladies.

This rate is increasing apparently. Like the effect on house prices with a more equal split I guess that over the longer term this would increase the number of buyers and also the price......

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

While I'm on the subject: Under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 Parliament created a liability that all inhabitants of a county are liable to pay council tax. However section 79(2) Local Government Act 1888 (which has not been repealed) states that "all duties and liabilities of the inhabitants of a county shall become duties and liabilities of the council of such county". So there you have it, the council should be paying the council tax and anything else you are slapped with like PCNs, water, gas etc when they created the liability it is automatically transferred to the council under the Local Government Finance Act 1888.

Also. In my younger days I liked to play dangerously whilst out on the last in Chester.

According to unchanged medieval law, any Welshman caught within the city walls of Chester after sundown is fair game to bow-and-arrow wielding Englishmen. 1.3959996-image-image.jpg Just glad I could disguise my accent as I know arrows would have played havoc with my threads. 

56 minutes ago, Dom said:

Why don't I pay council tax? Well because nearly a quarter of it goes to paying pensions of people in government. If you wanna fund some pencil pushers retirement be my guest but in the words of Duncan Bannatyne "I'm oooot!". Also if I came to your house and mowed your lawn and fed your dogs and watered your garden and demanded you pay me over £100 for the privilege would you oblige or would you say I never asked you to do all these things jog on? 

No they aren't free we pay for them via tax and I already pay PAYE tax and tax on my fuel for car etc etc etc. Do you know your 'supplier' doesn't actually supply anything? They are middle men between you and Transco/national grid. It's national grid that supply your gas and electric. Now try writing or ringing National Grid and offer to pay them for their service see what happens.... I'll save you a lot of faffing... They will kindly tell you they don't take payments 🤔.

Pay my bills you say? What do you mean by pay exactly? Do you know you can pay a bill with a promissory note under the Bills of Exchange Act 1882? Do you know anyone who goes to Eaton gets taught the Bills of Exchange Act 1882 before they're 13 years old? Maybe you should do some research on that subject alone my friend.

Final note, by paying tax you are aiding and abetting our government to commit crimes against humanity all over the world. Your tax pays for little kids getting bombed in Yemen. Now I'm as guilty as you here because like I say I still pay certain taxes but when I've worked out a way to not pay PAYE tax and fuel duty I'll be the first to shout it from the rooftops.

If you have the time it might be worth starting some sort of thread in this forum about this stuff. 

I'll be honest, I personally think this chain of thought is absolutely mental but I am also very intrigued in reading about it and seeing different viewpoints. 

If you get away with this stuff then all the power to you!

1 hour ago, Andygst said:

If you have the time it might be worth starting some sort of thread in this forum about this stuff. 

I'll be honest, I personally think this chain of thought is absolutely mental but I am also very intrigued in reading about it and seeing different viewpoints. 

If you get away with this stuff then all the power to you!

My thoughts exactly. I'm highly sceptical about what @Dom is saying with all of this but am also highly interested to learn more.

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I’ll still be buying then. More to do with my age and retirement than anything, I think. I have another 20 years in me. Where will gold be in 2044?

V🤔😮😮🙈

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Even the facials at the local beauticians is getting a bit pricey…….

IMG_3150.jpeg

That's a very nicely done board, tbh. Good calligraphy- I'm personally familiar with the method (tongue must be firmly protruding from one corner of the mouth at all times). A very brave bash at microdermabrasion too. In fairness, the brain gets distracted half way through when worried about the rapidly dwindling space.

New US and EU record this afternoon. Pulling back a bit again now, but it's higher highs and lower lows for the next few weeks I think.

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

On 06/09/2024 at 12:52, Spanishsilver said:

You can all be assured of an exceptional rise in prices as I have just sold 8oz to a German bullion dealer and as history shows  when I sell the price always goes up 😆

Ok I was a week early but you can all thank me 😆

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

£ GBP ATH reached ! :) 

GBP ATH is £1,954, so a bit to go, but close!

Edited by MBTPSilver

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Where do you get £1954 figure from ? 

Screenshot_20240912-143953.png

6 month chart. if you go too long-term the time-frame won't pick up short-term price spikes. It did it in April, we've essentially matched it just, though technically missed by a few pence.

image.thumb.png.c968144a6f5f30ff3f9b2c7f0ce134ad.png