• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

11 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Interesting-do you have a thread open already about looking into a holiday home/escape the UK dictatorship

I recall someone opened a thread. I tried searching, but no luck. Hopefully someone else will guide us/point it out...?

11 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Gold would be on the rise - did my biggest gold sale of over 16oz at around £1900 an oz a couple weeks ago 😤. Still, i am enjoying being Mortgage free so can’t win them all. Framed my letter from Nationwide saying I’ve paid it off 😄

That's brilliant, congratulations! "I paid my mortgage off by investing in gold" is a pretty cool achievement!

58 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Interesting-do you have a thread open already about looking into a holiday home/escape the UK dictatorship

45 minutes ago, katyc said:

I recall someone opened a thread. I tried searching, but no luck. Hopefully someone else will guide us/point it out...?

That would be an interesting thread to start.  There is quite a good forum which I used to haunt quite regularly when I had my place in Italy. Here is the link to it.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/

Gold at £1925.75. Where's it going to end up by Friday..?

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Also got off a plane from Tenerife yesterday. Bloody freezing!

Gold would be on the rise - did my biggest gold sale of over 16oz at around £1900 an oz a couple weeks ago 😤. Still, i am enjoying being Mortgage free so can’t win them all. Framed my letter from Nationwide saying I’ve paid it off 😄

Hate to burst your bubble but you still don't own your house only the deeds. Is it on land registry? Have you got allodial title? 

44 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

That would be an interesting thread to start.  There is quite a good forum which I used to haunt quite regularly when I had my place in Italy. Here is the link to it.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/

Gold at £1925.75. Where's it going to end up by Friday..?

Brilliant, I love websites like this, thanks! 

It's also useful to follow Facebook groups for specific countries - e.g. Living in Poland, Portugal, Canaries groups etc. I've learned some really useful things - especially regarding what tax you'll pay both abroad and if still have UK investments etc.

Gold is doing great this week £1925!

Edited by katyc

Oddly, US inflation came in lower than expected, which would suggest more/bigger rate cuts, but the dollar is rallying, pushing gold down. Maybe some initial relief and them thinking it's good for the economy? I would have expected gold to jump up on the news.

Edit - core inflation was a bit higher, so this is what seems to have kept rate cut expectations at 25 basis points, and given the dollar a bit of strength.

Edited by MBTPSilver
Clarification

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

2 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Holy smokes, that's amazing, well done!!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

42 minutes ago, Dom said:

Hate to burst your bubble but you still don't own your house only the deeds. Is it on land registry? Have you got allodial title? 

It is on land registry yes, it takes 10 days for it the charge to be released and show on the title/deeds. It’s an absolute title, i dont believe allodial title exists in UK but happy to be corrected.

35 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

It is on land registry yes, it takes 10 days for it the charge to be released and show on the title/deeds. It’s an absolute title, i dont believe allodial title exists in UK but happy to be corrected.

Anything registered means it's property of the crown corporation. Just look at your logbook for example it even says you are the keeper (not the owner, that's the DVLA!). Hence they can compulsory purchase people's houses to make new roads or railways etc. And so you really own a house when if you don't pay council tax you get harassed and could ultimately get a charge put on your property. There's just so much corruption!

18 minutes ago, Dom said:

Anything registered means it's property of the crown corporation. Just look at your logbook for example it even says you are the keeper (not the owner, that's the DVLA!). Hence they can compulsory purchase people's houses to make new roads or railways etc. And so you really own a house when if you don't pay council tax you get harassed and could ultimately get a charge put on your property. There's just so much corruption!

True but whats the alternative? Mortgage up to the eyballs? Not pay your mortgage at all? Rent? Live on a boat? In a tent? Under a bridge?

Just now, AuricGoldfinger said:

True but whats the alternative? Mortgage up to the eyballs? Not pay your mortgage at all? Rent? Live on a boat? In a tent? Under a bridge?

-and with an unencumbered property you will have extra funds to invest elsewhere - outside the corruption - so you have more options if things go wrong :) 

57 minutes ago, Dom said:

There's just so much corruption!

it's sad just how true this is 😕 

41 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

This is the difficult thing there's no solution as things stand. I have a mortgage but I'm thinking of challenging my bank over it and asking them to provide proof they ever lent me any money whatsoever and prove it wasn't in fact my signature that created the money in the first place. Numerous people have done this now and the banks either totally ignore your questions or send bailiffs to repossess the property. But then we get into another corrupt practice... These bailifs that turn up don't have a real warrant that is stamped and sealed and signed by a legitimate court! So not only do banks not lend you any money they also use fraudulent instruments to try and repossess the property! It's unbelievable. But people are fighting back and I've been to a few repossession attempts now and the bailifs get turned around and sent on their merry way! 

All roads lead to Rome and we live in modern day Babylon. 

You're in a better position than many though now you have no mortgage so congrats on that.

38 minutes ago, Dom said:

This is the difficult thing there's no solution as things stand. I have a mortgage but I'm thinking of challenging my bank over it and asking them to provide proof they ever lent me any money whatsoever and prove it wasn't in fact my signature that created the money in the first place. Numerous people have done this now and the banks either totally ignore your questions or send bailiffs to repossess the property. But then we get into another corrupt practice... These bailifs that turn up don't have a real warrant that is stamped and sealed and signed by a legitimate court! So not only do banks not lend you any money they also use fraudulent instruments to try and repossess the property! It's unbelievable. But people are fighting back and I've been to a few repossession attempts now and the bailifs get turned around and sent on their merry way! 

if you are relying on Freeman of the Land nonsense my strong advice would be don't 
Guaranteed to lead to disaster

Edited by KRO
spelling