• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

16 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Come on! Even Wonger would offer £400.00

Ok deal send me the 1oz including postage

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

19 hours ago, MrStacker said:

That is definitely something you would come up with. Fits the ebay model perfectly.

Is that the same stuff salt bae uses on his overpriced gold leaf japanese wagyu beef steaks?

Gold at 1902

It’s the grinding dust from coin conservation so could contain other metals, hopefully none of the mercury from recycled ancient thermometers.

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

The better way to look at it is, you now got 1oz of gold more than you used to have.  

Think in oz's or number of gold coins you have over fiat price £ paid

Wait until you encounter one of the biggest first world world problems you'll face in life, when you reach capacity of your safe deposit box and have to pay more for a larger box. It is both annoying and pleasing in equal measure

Very true, I'm paying for storage now after getting uncomfortable about holding at home.

Saving for a house, will take a while and don't want to be holding onto fiat in the bank.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Wait until you encounter one of the biggest first world world problems you'll face in life, when you reach capacity of your safe deposit box and have to pay more for a larger box. It is both annoying and pleasing in equal measure

I don't have this problem, I just bury it under a beach hut on the south coast:D

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Hate it when that happens

Q. What does "i lost all my gold in boating accident" mean ? its commonly quoted on precious metals forums, i dont get it ?"

A. The phrase "I lost all my gold in a boating accident" is a tongue-in-cheek expression often used on precious metals forums and among investors to imply that someone has lost or no longer possesses their physical gold or silver holdings. It is a sarcastic way to claim that they no longer have their precious metals in case of potential inquiries by authorities or others, such as during a tax audit or confiscation scenario.

The joke stems from the idea that if someone were to try and seize or tax their assets, they could conveniently claim that their gold or silver was lost in an unfortunate (and unprovable) accident, thus making it impossible for anyone to recover it. The expression has become a meme in the precious metals community, symbolizing both the desire for privacy and a form of protest against government overreach or intrusive regulations.

ChatGPT are onto our cunning plan 🥸😱☠️:( 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

a sarcastic way to claim that they no longer have their precious metals

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

conveniently claim that their gold or silver was lost in an unfortunate (and unprovable) accident

But who would joke about such things? Think of the children!

56 minutes ago, Paul said:

Q. What does "i lost all my gold in boating accident" mean ? its commonly quoted on precious metals forums, i dont get it ?"

A. The phrase "I lost all my gold in a boating accident" is a tongue-in-cheek expression often used on precious metals forums and among investors to imply that someone has lost or no longer possesses their physical gold or silver holdings. It is a sarcastic way to claim that they no longer have their precious metals in case of potential inquiries by authorities or others, such as during a tax audit or confiscation scenario.

The joke stems from the idea that if someone were to try and seize or tax their assets, they could conveniently claim that their gold or silver was lost in an unfortunate (and unprovable) accident, thus making it impossible for anyone to recover it. The expression has become a meme in the precious metals community, symbolizing both the desire for privacy and a form of protest against government overreach or intrusive regulations.

ChatGPT are onto our cunning plan 🥸😱☠️:( 

Nothing better than going fishing with a tub of gold and silver, fetchs good luck.  

8 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

Nothing better than going fishing with a tub of gold and silver, fetchs good luck.  

My few days away in sunny ☀️ 😎 Whitby

The only thing I caught was crabs :(🤧🥵  . . . .    Down a back alley with a lady known for broken promises :(

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

Down a back alley with a lady known for broken promises :(

This one? :ph34r:

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 1.18.40 PM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

It was badly lit, the alley, I can't comment 

Understandable, easy mistake to make in poor light mate. I mean, there would've been something fake dangling there to lure you - I mean the shiny around neck, of course. :lol:

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken