• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

13 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I said this a couple weeks ago somewhere else. They won't be building 300,000 houses/year. The housebuilders will stall and delay as it'll eat into their predicted profits with all the land they sit on etc..
Politicians and their mates all own multiple homes and so they will want to keep the value up and housing supply short to drive rental prices higher still.

Than why nobody protest about this criminal enterprise?

More silver coins on my website  

dancu.co.uk

30 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Slavery has persisted across time. Enslavement and sacrifice of whites is right up there, if not one of the highest. WW1 and slaves were railroaded into trenches and at the blow of a whistle had to climb out and run towards cross firing machine guns. Today the minimum wage is less than what it would otherwise cost to shelter, feed, clothe slaves directly. Increasingly we live in an open prison where all of your movements, thoughts, actions are observed/recorded, only those that are naughty are locked into confinement/prison.

Meanwhile back on the streets…..!

IMG_0624.jpeg

9 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Than why nobody protest about this criminal enterprise?

Look at what the MSM is pushing... this is why nobody is coming together to protest at the government and the elites that control them.

Divide and conquer is in effect at the moment. Stoking racial and religious tensions, they know that this will take the focus away from them. But this is a discussion for a different thread...

Gold is still the attractive investment/savings vehicle here. Stocks, as long as they're the really large corp banks and military companies and utilities and perhaps even the large supermarkets, then you'll do well over the next few years.
I suspect that there will be a lot of bankruptcies globally over the next few years and the globalists collapse and concentrate more power in fewer and fewer businesses. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

22 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Look at what the MSM is pushing... this is why nobody is coming together to protest at the government and the elites that control them.

Divide and conquer is in effect at the moment. Stoking racial and religious tensions, they know that this will take the focus away from them. But this is a discussion for a different thread...

Gold is still the attractive investment/savings vehicle here. Stocks, as long as they're the really large corp banks and military companies and utilities and perhaps even the large supermarkets, then you'll do well over the next few years.
I suspect that there will be a lot of bankruptcies globally over the next few years and the globalists collapse and concentrate more power in fewer and fewer businesses. 

Can you recommend a good platform for a newbie to buy stocks on/with Squire?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

18 minutes ago, bobski said:

I couldn't, I'm sure there are plenty on here that can though. @Bratnia any suggestions?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

33 minutes ago, bobski said:

Freetrade and Trading 212 I quite like. Also have used Halifax platform in the past. IG I use for spread betting but they do also have options for general share dealing accounts. 

Consider the amount of capital you'll be putting in and the fees (whether they are a % or commission on dealing or something else) depending on how you invest too (eg some charge commission per each buy or sell so smaller regular amounts this might work out more expensive than someone doing fewer larger transactions)

16 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Freetrade and Trading 212 I quite like. Also have used Halifax platform in the past. IG I use for spread betting but they do also have options for general share dealing accounts. 

Consider the amount of capital you'll be putting in and the fees (whether they are a % or commission on dealing or something else) depending on how you invest too (eg some charge commission per each buy or sell so smaller regular amounts this might work out more expensive than someone doing fewer larger transactions)

Pretty sure I've got a freetrade account from a few years ago. Couldn't find what I wanted on it and didn't use it again. I've heard of trading 212, so I might give that a go. I'd quite like to invest in graphene mining, and some other more popular companies

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

8 minutes ago, bobski said:

Pretty sure I've got a freetrade account from a few years ago. Couldn't find what I wanted on it and didn't use it again. I've heard of trading 212, so I might give that a go. I'd quite like to invest in graphene mining, and some other more popular companies

Graphene is a good punt, wonderful potential in its use. Worth looking at the companies dvdeloping eco concrete using redundant steel blast furnaces too if you are looking to speculate with a little💰💰💰

21 minutes ago, bobski said:

Not an area I've looked at but on Freetrade these seem to be available 

IMG_20240809_102451.thumb.jpg.f09a6d13071c99ef40a1c40c1d142655.jpg

And to keep us on track 

£1895

1895m old head.jpg

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

I couldn't, I'm sure there are plenty on here that can though. @Bratnia any suggestions?

Trading212 seems popular for young/novices (smaller size portfolios, 20-30 year olds). InteractiveInvestor for more modest size portfolio (30's/40's). InteractiveBrokers for the broadest (and lowest FX spreads) for 50+ year olds. Just a suggestion.

Stock wise, a global stock index fund. As individual countries wax and wane that captures exposure, conceptually wont go broke if individual companies/country's fail. Captures the broader global average stock rewards which tend to be good-enough. Maybe something like https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-ucits-etf-usd-accumulating/overview Trades in Pounds (you're not allowed to hold other currencies within a ISA so you'll otherwise get hit with repeated Pound/Dollar conversion costs if you hold a ETF that trades in Dollar). Accumulation version within ISA (rolls up dividends into more shares), dividend paying version outside of ISA (otherwise tax accounting/reporting is a headache).

For General Accounts (taxable), learn about cost-base ... average cost of shares (gold ...etc.). If you buy 10oz of gold at £1000/ounce, and then later buy another 5oz at 1500/oz, you hold 15 oz of gold that you paid £17500 in total for, so £1167/oz cost base. Sell 2 coins and the cost base remains the same (for both the sold coins and the remaining coins). The figure to use when determining how much capital gains tax may be due. If you hold/trade tax exempt stocks (ISA) and/or gold (most Sovereigns/Britannias) then its just a paper/records matter.

If you're content with 50/50 stock/gold then when saving add to the one that is the lower valued at the time, maybe even selling some of the other to rebalance back to 50/50, so if stocks are up, gold is down and you add £400 in savings you may end up buying two or more Sovereigns, profit taking some of stock gains to add more gold ...etc. For drawdown/retirement sell some of whichever is the more up at the time. You may like to accumulate gold in a ETF form until you have enough to buy 10+ coins, as you may get a better price.

Edited by Bratnia

5 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Trading212 seems popular for young/novices (smaller size portfolios, 20-30 year olds). InteractiveInvestor for more modest size portfolio (30's/40's). InteractiveBrokers for the broadest (and lowest FX spreads) for 50+ year olds. Just a suggestion.

Stock wise, a global stock index fund. As individual countries wax and wane that captures exposure, conceptually wont go broke if individual companies/country's fail. Captures the broader global average stock rewards which tend to be good-enough. Maybe something like https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-ucits-etf-usd-accumulating/overview Trades in Pounds (you're not allowed to hold other currencies within a ISA so you'll otherwise get hit with repeated Pound/Dollar conversion costs if you hold a ETF that trades in Dollar). Accumulation version within ISA (rolls up dividends into more shares), dividend paying version outside of ISA (otherwise tax accounting/reporting is a headache).

For General Accounts (taxable), learn about cost-base ... average cost of shares (gold ...etc.). If you buy 10oz of gold at £1000/ounce, and then later buy another 5oz at 1500/oz, you hold 15 oz of gold that you paid £17500 in total for, so £1167/oz cost base. Sell 2 coins and the cost base remains the same (for both the sold coins and the remaining coins). The figure to use when determining how much capital gains tax may be due. If you hold/trade tax exempt stocks (ISA) and/or gold (most Sovereigns/Britannias) then its just a paper/records matter.

Trading212 is really good. You can buy fractions of shares which means you can dollar cost average easily and buy in to companies that you thought needed a high outlay. And the fees are much lower than others. Also you can just hold funds there (they're paying 5.2% interest on uninvested funds at the moment).

Although ATM, I'm not buying any shares. It's too volatile for me 😬

Edited by katyc

6 minutes ago, katyc said:

Trading212 is really good. You can buy fractions of shares which means you can dollar cost average easily and buy in to companies that you thought needed a high outlay. And the fees are much lower than others. Also you can just hold funds there (they're paying 5.2% interest on uninvested funds at the moment).

Although ATM, I'm not buying any shares. It's too volatile for me 😬

You tend to be rewarded more for taking on risk, many consider volatility to be risk, it isn't when you average in and out over many years, its only a risk if you lump in and out at single points in time. If saving, add to the most down at the time, maybe even selling some of the other 'up' asset to scale that. Much of investing is simply just averaging. Average in, out, down and typically the broader 'average' is good (for many, very good). During retirement take from the most up, if your stock holdings have risen £1000 in value over the last month and you draw a £1000 income from that, then at the end of the month stocks might be back down £1000, in effect that months withdrawal/spending - was free.

Buying your own home can be one of the best investments

You might buy a £250K home, borrowing most of that to do so. Cover the interest payments (mortgage) and the house price appreciation might offset that. 4% interest rate, costs you 10K/year, house prices might rise 4%, £250K home rises to £260K value. That tends to compound in your favour, after 10 years the house value perhaps have risen to £375K/value, your £10K/year mortgage cost = 2.7% of the 'current' value. After 30 years the house maybe £800K, if you sell and repay the £250K mortgage you have £550K in cash. Buy another smaller home in a less expensive area and your new home/cash (invested in stocks & gold ... whatever) split earns enough to top up your state pension and you don't have to find/pay rent to others. When it comes to late life care where you're moved into a care/nursing home the house value and savings might cover that expense.

The hardest part are the earlier years, when its all a 1:1 ratio type situation ($10K/year 'cost'). As time passes things tend to get easier (10 years later when you're still paying 10K your wages and house price likely will have risen, 1:1.5 type ratio).

Later life and land (home), stocks, gold asset holdings are ... diverse enough to reasonably reduce over concentration risk. A third of your total wealth in each and you're more likely ... comfortable, and free, no longer a slave to the system.