• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, flyingveepixie said:

I've been wondering about that myself.

The Trump assassination attempt seemed to only affect it by a small amount for a short time when it briefly went up a bit. Now Biden has dropped out and Kamala is the new darling of the democrat party and still no upward movement. To me the fact that Kamala, the giggling human hand grenade, is now almost certainly the candidate is highly disturbing. Add that to a YT headline (might've been fake news) I saw this morning that put her ahead of Mr T in the polls, and a worldwide ELE in a nuclear storm when she bungles in her dealings with Putin/Xi/Kim Jong, or whoever, becomes even more likely, yet gold is falling still.

Discuss....

China are engineering a brief dip before the BRICS go ham with buying gold before the Russian summit in October, when they are scheduled to release the new BRICS currency. The last time we had a dip this large was when the Chinese said, "gold is too expensive", and paused buying for a month. They started buying again and gold shot back up towards £1900 and set a new ATH in USD (intraday of $2484, highest close is $2480)

I would have thought the recent German actions and Iran's response would have some influence on gold too, considering Germany is the largest buyer of gold in Europe and the Iranians also like gold. If you haven't seen it, I don't think I'm allowed to discuss these things anymore apart from in certain threads, but, here's a video:

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

6 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

China are engineering a brief dip before the BRICS go ham with buying gold before the Russian summit in October, when they are scheduled to release the new BRICS currency. The last time we had a dip this large was when the Chinese said, "gold is too expensive", and paused buying for a month. They started buying again and gold shot back up towards £1900 and set a new ATH in USD (intraday of $2484, highest close is $2480)

I would have thought the recent German actions and Iran's response would have some influence on gold too, considering Germany is the largest buyer of gold in Europe and the Iranians also like gold. If you haven't seen it, I don't think I'm allowed to discuss these things anymore apart from in certain threads, but, here's a video:

As the old saying goes. Do in Rome as the Romans do or get the Fork out of Dodge

Edited by gji25
typo

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

I don't really see that China could cause a dip just with a pause in their buying,

Now, Gordon Brown, there was a man who could engineer a dip...

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

4 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

I don't really see that China could cause a dip just with a pause in their buying,

I can see how that might work. The Chinese have been buying up and stockpiling a lot of gold in recent months - multiple tons, although I don't have the exact figures ...🤔 @HonestMoneyGoldSilver can probably provide some stats on that.

Spot seems to be rising again fairly steadily from last night's low point. My chart shows a low of £1827.95 at 18.28 yesterday evening.  Currently on £1843.93

Edited by flyingveepixie

Current Price

£1,844.26

Live Change

0.02% £+0.35

Live high £1,844.79

Live low £1,843.64

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

44 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Followed by the Friday smackdown?

Well I hope not because that could push it below £1800, and if that happens, well who knows.....before long it might be back at £400 again. 🤮

Edited by flyingveepixie

16 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Well I hope not because that could push it below £1800, and if that happens, well who knows.....before long it might be back at £400 again. 🤮

Nah! Everyone who can legally do so is printing money. All assets are correlating to the up-side, coz fiat currencies are all debasing in lockstep.

37 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

New tudor beast dragons just released, so if we could have a brief dip to £400 at some point this afternoon before returning to £1800 for the weekend I wouldn't mind.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

6 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

I can see how that might work. The Chinese have been buying up and stockpiling a lot of gold in recent months - multiple tons, although I don't have the exact figures ...🤔 @HonestMoneyGoldSilver can probably provide some stats on that.

Spot seems to be rising again fairly steadily from last night's low point. My chart shows a low of £1827.95 at 18.28 yesterday evening.  Currently on £1843.93

11 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Now, Gordon Brown, there was a man who could engineer a dip...

Gold Slumps as China’s Central Bank Halts 18-Month Buying Spree - Bloomberg  (paywall)

• PBOC stockpiling has been key to precious metal’s rally

China’s central bank didn’t buy any gold last month, ending a massive buying spree that ran for 18 months and helped push the precious metal to a record high in May. Spot prices for gold fell 1.5% after the People’s Bank of China said its bullion holdings were unchanged at the end of May.

China's central bank paused gold purchases in May after 18 months of buying (zawya.com)  (no paywall)

China's gold buying break seen as fleeting given its long-term needs | Reuters  (no paywall)

It took China nine years to raise the share of gold in its total reserves to 4.9% from 1.8% in 2015.
China holds 72.8 million ounces of gold worth about $170 billion. If it eventually lifted the share of gold in its reserves even to 10% at current reserve levels and prices, the purchases would total another $170 billion.
For comparison, Russia's central bank stopped active buying of the precious metal in 2020 when gold reached 20% of its total reserves. Gold's share has since grown due in part to its rising price.
The PBOC has sometimes reported past gold purchases well after they occurred, according to the World Gold Council, leading analysts to caution the latest statistics may not provide the full picture.

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Current Price

£1,856.25

Live Change

-0.07% £-1.18

Live high £1,857.64

Live low £1,856.25

Live Gold Price
Current High Low Change
1,855.00 1,913.22 1,817.87 30.12 (+1.65%)
Intrinsic Values (£)
Sovereign Half Sovereign 1oz Gold 1oz Silver
£436.67 £218.33 £1,855.00 £21.70

Gold:Silver Ratio

Foreign Exchange Rates

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

12 hours ago, gji25 said:

Gold nowadays, like US dollars, can be created out of thin air. The US National Debt Clock indicates recent 127.5 times more paper-gold than physical gold, compared to 124.5 times a couple of months back (compared to 83 times at the end of 2021, but down from 133 times at the end of 2023). In effect three times more paper gold than physical gold just created out of thin air compared to a couple of months back. Like QE where at other times there's QT so that might cycle up/down over time.

It's not the Fed "scamming", it's just business-as-usual, management. What others are exploiting is that when it comes to physical delivery where obtaining physical gold to meet/supply may be 'awkward' so a cash premium may be offered/accepted instead. I'll give you $50/ounce more in cash if you'll accept that cash rather than having physical gold delivered to you, and where for big players such as the Fed - those $50 bills can just be printed/created out of thin air.

The BRICS and alternative to the USD are just another form of a EU, that predominately serves just one master - Germany, but where for the BRICS it will be China, along with being much larger than the EU. Consolidation into three majors, US, EU, BRICS. Where the USD is no longer the sole dominant international trade settlement currency - so much less able to do the likes of sanctioning Russia.

The major risk is that of a large outfit such as the BRICS opting to apply large/rapid delivery of physical gold, nothing else, perhaps as a form of financial warfare. Each ounce of physical gold including the gold in Fort Knox/elsewhere might have 127 claims of ownership that if that came to a head and there was massive/rapid demand for delivery then having that physical gold in hand (such as the US does for the gold in Fort Knox) goes a long way in defining whoever of each of the 127 claims to each individual ounce is actually the 'winner'. The US will continue to generally align gold and the dollar and under such warfare conditions the dollar would be up-there amongst the winners. As might those who held gold in expectation of perhaps seeing a $10,000/ounce price lose via controls/rules-changes. The more likely losers will be the weaker/poorer states, who in establishing the BRICS bought up gold, only to subsequently see that being 'spent' buying Chinese products/services, a progressive transfer of all their gold over to China. Similar to how many EU countries 'benefit' from becoming members - but in effect gave up their sovereignty to become bound/controlled by Germany, typically via debt.