• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, silversky said:

Because it's illegal not to vote.  The stupidest and least informed are weighted exactly the same as those who have served their nation and care deeply.  Normally the stupid are lazy and tend not to vote, which means that their influence is less.  But when you mandate their vote, you enable the very worst forms of electorate bribing by grifter politicians.

Wow - I thought I was depressed enough with last weeks result in this country, but you have shown me a whole new level of despair! It really is an argument, despite my previous rantings, that the vote ought to be earned in some way rather than just granted on the possession of a pulse. Excuse me, I need a glass of whisk, a loaded revolver and a dark room.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dalriada83 said:

I don't know where you pasted this stuff from mate but in this country (as indeed in most countries) if a government holding a referendum of the plebiscite says' this is a legally binding referendum and we will respect the will of the people' then that's generally what they are held to - remember this result was challenged in the Supreme Court (Miller v Secretary of State for Exiting European Union) - the Supreme Court decided that the Secretary of State would have to pass a bill in Parliament to enact Article 50 of the Treaty of the EU (ie, leave the EU) which he duly did. The Supreme Court did not say that he referendum, or it's result, was illegal - it stated that for it to be passed into law it have to have the weight of an act of Parliament - which was duly forthcoming as it is hardly surprising as the government which had held the referendum could hardly refuse to ratify the mandate which it itself has called for.

The w****s who desperately tried to thwart the result of a referendum of the people (and God knows I did not like the result myself) took multiple cases through the courts - all of them failed for one very simple reason: if a duly elected government of this country holds a referendum of the people and says it will respect the result as legally binding then that is exactly what will happen - no ifs, no buts, no 'I had my fingers crossed behind my back', no 'half the electorate couldn't understand the paperwork' - that is it. Anything else pisses on the memories of our ancestors and I will not agree to that.

My only point was that Tories decided on Brexit, the referendum was non-binding, and they could easily throw it into the bin.

Bla bla bla and lo lo lo about Brexit is futile, is done, and the UK will never be again a part of the EU.

That's my problem, the politicians.

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website  

dancu.co.uk

7 hours ago, theman73 said:

I really don't like to talk politics because people usually are blind and they can see only what they believe is true for them

Funny that as it's always you who brings it up again...  Just a thought.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Funny that as it's always you who brings it up again...  Just a thought.

Just burying the wrongs, forgetting about them and never talking about them won't heal the damage that was done.

Brexit was always too sensitive to talk about around here, let's talk about spaghetti bolognese.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 065613.png

Edited by theman73

dancu.co.uk

So …. a brexit vote that all those who voted to remain still bang on about, our recent general election where lots of people on here appeared to say they weren’t going to vote in and are now complaining about and an unusual French election result …….🤔how is this effecting the current gold price……🤔🤔

11 minutes ago, Petra said:

So …. a brexit vote that all those who voted to remain still bang on about, our recent general election where lots of people on here appeared to say they weren’t going to vote in and are now complaining about and an unusual French election result …….🤔how is this effecting the current gold price……🤔🤔

spaghetti bolognese

dancu.co.uk

6 hours ago, NGMD said:

Not sure on Gold but the Euro might get a beating.

IMG_1862.jpeg

We need this in this country mate.   It's pathetic (not looking down on anyone far from it) that millions of people today are going to work for sub 22k   per year gross wage.      In real terms this is less than earning 10k  25 years ago, and these people doing the donkey work will have to work until they are 70+ if they get a state pension at all.   

It's okay for most of us here as we are already established, got onto the property market, well into our peak earnings etc.    Imagine starting off at 18 today most cant earn enough to save for a deposit and millions by design will be locked into the rent/debt cycle.  

I want pipe music but I want it played by proper pipes that are manufactured in the UK not from Europe... So post 2015 pipes should be fine.

Rule brittania must be played and not folk music from the hills of  mostar.... thanks.

Just now, Dankanugget said:

I want pipe music but I want it played by proper pipes that are manufactured in the UK not from Europe... So post 2015 pipes should be fine.

Rule brittania must be played and not folk music from the hills of  mostar.... thanks.

dancu.co.uk

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

We need this in this country mate.   It's pathetic (not looking down on anyone far from it) that millions of people today are going to work for sub 22k   per year gross wage.      In real terms this is less than earning 10k  25 years ago, and these people doing the donkey work will have to work until they are 70+ if they get a state pension at all.   

It's okay for most of us here as we are already established, got onto the property market, well into our peak earnings etc.    Imagine starting off at 18 today most cant earn enough to save for a deposit and millions by design will be locked into the rent/debt cycle.  

Spot on

1 hour ago, theman73 said:

Hmmm.  I rate this as accidentally good in places.  One does have to get past feeling physically sick, but some of the transitions are quite pleasing.  I imagine it to be a bit like Vogon poetry.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

13 hours ago, bobski said:

BREXIT:

Voter turnout was 72.2%

51.9% of those that voted, voted to leave.

Therefore 37.47% of eligible people voted for Brexit.

2024 General election:

Voter turnout was 60%

33.8% of those that voted, voted for Labour

Therefore 20.28% of eligible people voted for Labour

Brexit was a binary choice whereas the General election was not so not really a comparison there.