• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

45 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

Tell your better half that you "respected" their dinner or dress and you'll soon find out which is more of a compliment...

Anyway, whether respecting or liking the murderer, you can't remove the acts he commited from the equation. Figure yourself or one of your close ones as one of his victims and see how much liking or respect is left.

This is relevant to the gold price, right? The war in Ukraine and US Presidential elections? 

Obviously you strongly dislike Putin and I respect your right to hold that opinion. I don't like it though. Is respect or liking more important? Anyway, our leaders have blood on their hands, all of them do. Boris Johnson prevented peace in Ukraine. Joe Biden is a puppet for the industrial-military complex. There are no righteous leaders of major world powers, there haven't been for quite some time.

I would much prefer Trump, Farage and Putin, to Biden, Starmer and whatever mad dog would take over from Putin should something unfortunate happen to him. That's worth considering - some people in the west imagine if Putin was gone that Russia would suddenly become more compliant and friendly to the west. The most likely reality is the opposite - the man taking over from Putin would be much less intelligent and much more belligerent than Putin:

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Yet. That you know of.

In a nutshell.  Nail on head.

And that's what so many fail to understand in such a discussion - that none of these characters is entirely innocent.

Putin is the current fall guy for the ambitions of NATO and more directly the USA, but it is highly likely that they are all, without exception, every single one of them, psycopaths and sociopaths, and almost certainly multiple and/or mass murderers via their various three letter agencies. People are so easily fooled by propaganda and have a convenient penchant to never stop to think or analyse. No insult intended to anyone BTW.

How many deaths is Blair directly responsible for, for example....?  He invaded bloody Iraq didn't he, so at least one or two there, and then there was of course the strange case of Dr Kelly...  

Cameron bombed Libya at the behest of the USA and gave rise as a direct consequence to ISIS and the current biblical migration of third worlders to the west. 

Q.  Who was it that armed the so-called freedom fighters of Libya who appeared out of nowhere to challenge Gaddafi immediately after the Arab Spring..?  I have a view although I'm not offering any answers..

Years previously to all of that, NATO bombed Belgrade for the sake of Kosovo - Who gave that order..?  It was back in the days of the Clinton administration. 

Does anyone seriously believe after long consideration that a wee guy sitting in a cave in Afghanistan with a couple of goats, and dressed in homespun with AK47 in hand, engineered the entire 9/11 incident..?  

And talking of the Clintons, I heard an unverified rumour the other day (I haven't researched it) that as many as 48 of Hilary Clinton's known associates and political aquaintances have come to a sticky end in some way or another, I wonder how that could have happened, although as I say I haven't yet researched it...🤔

It goes on and on with all these nutcases hiding in the wings of every government, but all people can see is that bad guy Putin, thanks to effective news propaganda.  Goebbels had that one well sussed out.....🤢

Right, that's my tuppence worth. Many apologies for perpetuating a non gold price discussion on the gold price thread. I shall desist.

The gold price is currently £1851.44

Edited by flyingveepixie

Current Price

£1,852.05

Live Change

0.03% £+0.42

Live high £1,852.23

Live low £1,851.44

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Just now, ZRPMs said:

Golds up a little. Anything of note happened?

Nothing unexpected,

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

5 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Nothing unexpected,

Just caught up with it Seems quite strange metric's to the predicted out come. Still makes me wonder which would be a good country to disappear to. I recon it'll be more of the same at a different pace. 

4 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Just caught up with it Seems quite strange metric's to the predicted out come. Still makes me wonder which would be a good country to disappear to. I recon it'll be more of the same at a different pace. 

Worse in all aspects.. more debt, more illegals, more waste, more taxes and a relentless push to WEF Agenda 2030.... 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

10 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Worse in all aspects.. more debt, more illegals, more waste, more taxes and a relentless push to WEF Agenda 2030.... 

You're most likely right but can't help but I feel it was all going to $h!t with the not tory party. Starmer's speech made me think of d9cc8608-246c-4f39-8bf1-f26afa586a55.gif with all that talk of service

Just now, ZRPMs said:

You're most likely right but can't help but I feel it was all going to $h!t with the not tory party. Starmer's speech made me think of d9cc8608-246c-4f39-8bf1-f26afa586a55.gif with all that talk of service

Absolutely. Labour/Tory's, all ballsdeep in WEF agenda. It'll be accelerated under Labour. 
We'll have climate lockdowns and war before you know it.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

4 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

image.thumb.png.ac9e59692a42b1cbcc08c6230372977c.png

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

Absolutely. Labour/Tory's, all ballsdeep in WEF agenda. It'll be accelerated under Labour. 

It will be difficult to have a climate war until we've built enough electric tanks and got an awful lot of fast charge point installed.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

1 minute ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

It will be difficult to have a climate war until we've built enough electric tanks and got an awful lot of fast charge point installed.

Halt the battle on the battlefield as we need to recharge the tanks. 
How long will that take? 
We don't know as there is no wind and the skies are polluted so the solar panels are working well enough, perhaps 5 to 10 days.

Jolly good old chap, lets us know when to recommence..

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch his smarmy speech. The mere sight of the guy raises my hackles.

34 minutes ago, Gruff said:

The war will be started by the US and we'll be dragged into it. Conscription will follow.  Expect the announcement before the US GE in November.

Edited by flyingveepixie

37 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Someone tell gold we have a new government which spends lots of cash

The market works to standard maths. Labour have 7% fewer total votes than in the 2019 General Election. Not parliamentary maths where one Israeli is worth 100 Palestinians or one Reform MP is worth 40 Labour MP's (1 million votes per Reform MP elected versus 25,000 votes per Labour MP elected).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Who's just looking to be earning £12,570 going forward from today ;)

Probably that will become the average net wage

Edited by Bratnia

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gruff said:

I'm not sure it will actually be worse, although it may certainly 'appear' to be. The only thing that will change is the rhetoric.

The outgoing government's rhetoric was, "We're working hard to stop illegal immigration/woke culture/benefit fraud/labelling etc." And then doing diddly squat to actually change anything, because deep down they didn't want to change anything. All pushed on and peddled by the media, much of which controlled by Tories, note. The Rwanda idea was all a ruse to distract, make it look like they were doing something, hopefully (for them) without achieving any end result. Like one of those Heath Robinson contraptions.

The incoming government's rhetoric will be, "yes please."

The dice will still keep rolling though, no matter the rhetoric. There will be no change in the direction it's going in. Just make sure you've got a paddle.

Edited by SidS

3 minutes ago, SidS said:

I'm not sure it will actually be worse, although it may certainly 'appear' to be. The only thing that will change is the rhetoric.

The outgoing government's rhetoric was, "We're working hard to stop illegal immigration/woke culture/benefit fraud/labelling etc." And then doing diddly squat to actually change anything, because deep down they didn't want to change anything. All pushed on and peddled by the media, much of which controlled by Tories, note. The Rwanda idea was all a ruse to distract, make it look like they were doing something hopefully without achieving any end result. Like one of those Heath Robinson contraptions.

The dice will still keep rolling though, no matter the rhetoric. There will be no change in the direction it's going in. Just make sure you've got a paddle.

I think it will get worse. Keiff Starmer has said he prefers to be at Davos than the UK. That shows where his allegiance lies. He will push the WEF agenda along quickly now to try and curry favour with his overlords. 
They will flood this country with cheap labour that doesn't want to work. 
Oh, and as for that paddle... it'll be taxed and you'll be restricted where you can use it. Only 15 mins from home.

2 minutes ago, SidS said:

The outgoing government's rhetoric was, "We're working hard to stop illegal immigration/woke culture/benefit fraud/labelling etc." And then doing diddly squat to actually change anything, because deep down they didn't want to change anything. All pushed on and peddled by the media, much of which controlled by Tories, note. The Rwanda idea was all a ruse to distract, make it look like they were doing something hopefully without achieving any end result. Like one of those Heath Robinson contraptions.

Fast track asylum claims a.k.a. just grant them legal stay because we can't deport them anyway, and that opens up bringing across (multiple) dependents. With the rightward move in France and the benefits of Britain the numbers boating across into British waters to be picked up and brought ashore and allocated hotel accommodation in inclined to spike, and again fast tracking asylum claims will enable dependents to also arrive sooner rather than later. Labours intent is to go after the gangs, a.k.a. still pay the French to chase them, and perhaps take photographs of them.

All good for Labour however as such generosity is more inclined to see those migrants voting for Labour, as will opening up voting to typically rebellious/poor 16/17 year olds.