• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

This is a example of swing trading FCIT and a world stock index fund. FCIT is a investment trust - just one of many London listed stocks that are a share (business) that invests in diverse bunch of stocks (bonds/whatever), where FCIT's focus is on investing globally. It owns a bunch of global assets where its share price is sometimes lower than the sum of all of those assets (when at a -10% discount the fund manager tends to buy back shares, which tends to close down that discount). Basically ... rotate into FCIT when its at/around a 10% discount to net asset value, rotate into a global stock index when the discount closes down to 0% ... type swing trading

https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/T/FJ19/f&c-investment-trust-plc

spacer.png

Obviously the more often those swings occur the greater the benefit.

I've been monitoring the price differential between PAXG and spot gold over the last six months and note that differential has swung through 0.98 and 1.0 four times during that period. i.e. swap into PAXG when at a 2% below spot price level, rotate into spot when that closes down to 1.0, and you would have had 4 such rotations in the last 6 months, captured a gross 8% type reward (16% when proportioned to a year). There are costs (and potential tax) factors that eat into that .. so hence this post. Does anyone here trade those swings? I don't have visibility of PAXG order books so my measures are somewhat crude/raw and need to account for spreads/costs. TIA

2 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Bobski went to the Moon without us ...

I think I may have mentioned the moon 🚀 a couple of pages back in the thread 

1 hour ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

£1840.33

If you want the job doing, do it your f***** self

You've volunteered yourself into a thankless task 

£1838.73

Not any more,

It's bedtime now,and I have work Tuesday,Wednesday And Thursday.

Edited by Thelonerangershorse

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

7 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

£1838.73

Not any more,

It's bedtime now,and I have work Tuesday,Wednesday And Thursday.

Your efforts are most appreciated 👍 🙏:) 

Wen 5000 gold wen 1000 silver?

Asking for a fat flatulent bert.....aka moi

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

8 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Wen 5000 gold wen 1000 silver?

Asking for a fat flatulent bert.....aka moi

Soon 

Missing

Bobski

Height: tall

Weight: too much/fat

Hair: without

Reason of dissapearance: a couple of days ago bobski wanted to post price for gold, but he never did. Neighbours said he left the appartment with a young blonde woman (not his wife). Mrs. bobski said that she doesn't care if ever comes back ...

Edited by Chronos

2 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Missing

Bobski

Reason of dissapearance: a couple of days ago bobski wanted to post price for gold, but he never did. Neighbours said he left the appartment with a young blonde woman (not his wife). Mrs. bobski said that she doesn't care if ever comes back ...

He's not in Tenerife is he ?? 

2 hours ago, Chronos said:

Missing

Bobski

Le ticker is broken

Can someone who knows about these things answer this question,

If interest rates are cut in August or September which looks likely am I right to assume that the price of gold will fall each time they are cut?

1 hour ago, VGfine said:

Can someone who knows about these things answer this question,

If interest rates are cut in August or September which looks likely am I right to assume that the price of gold will fall each time they are cut?

No. Multifaceted. In expecting a reduction in interest rates some may move ahead of that time to sell some gold to buy stocks/bonds in expectation that they will tend to rise in price as interest rates are lowered. If inflation rises as rates are cut then bonds (stocks) might be yielding a less than inflation rate of return - where some might prefer to hold gold instead. The overall collective opinion of the collective market comprised of billions of players and computer systems tends to drive the odds of something either winning/losing at any one time to 50:50. Gold could rise, could fall.