• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

On 21/06/2024 at 15:07, Paul said:

Someone from the the forum must have bought a sovereign or something to spook & unsettle the markets so dramatically  

Possibly me. I made my first ever For Sale post on Friday. And once I’d worked out how to do that, I only went and did it again. 

Maybe I should change my name to Bad As Gold.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

1 minute ago, GoodAsGold said:

Possibly me. I made my first ever For Sale post on Friday. And once I’d worked out how to do that, I only went and did it again. 

Maybe I should change my name to Bad As Gold.

We've all caused these market dips, it's normally the bigger you buy the more it dips, but it might be just me {😔 sigh 😔

2 minutes ago, theman73 said:

And when did you enjoy your life?

There is plenty to enjoy when one retires at 40 and living on one’s investments - I can confirm that 🌞

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

Dirige Deus Gressus Meos.

Just now, Aldebaran said:

There is plenty to enjoy when one retires at 40 and living on one’s investments - I can confirm that 🌞

Yes @stefffana has done that for years by slurry tanks for years.... oh wait.....

Just now, James32 said:

Ahh you two are married. Nice.

She wants you as your bertfriend

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

25 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Guessing you're in your 20's/30's. By your 40's you may very well own your car, and your home and some savings built up - some even to the point of thinking about retiring. 50's/60's and that has grown to enough to retire and a redirection of focus onto wealth preservation rather than growth.

I retired in my mid 40's, now early 60's and ... more than enough, couple of homes, a reasonable portfolio of stocks and gold and where pensions will also soon kick in to supplement income/spending.

Frugality is key, don't have the latest computer or phone, drive a reliable but bland car, spend less than your income/savings cover. The initial biggie is getting the house paid down to a comfortable level, I originally bought at a peak and when interest rates subsequently rose to 15%+, had to work all the hours I could and even had to move back to my parents for a while and rented the property out. But persistence paid off and inflation helped erode the mortgage etc. until we up-sized ... paid that down and then started accumulating savings. Retired with worries that the savings were perhaps not enough, but that over time have grown considerably in real terms.

“So wrong bud…… “may own your own car LMAO🤣

I was 100% mortgage and debt  free by 38 years old.  47 now not really worked for the last 5 years as my hobbies (coins) and other ventures cover my outgoings…….also just bought a house with gold.  

I do ask real world probing questions,  as holding PM’s can give some people a false sense of security, yes nice to have some,  its the bigger picture some need to step back had take a broader view on money, wealth, finances and the bear traps out there. 

I don’t pretend or presume I’m richer, weather and smarter than the next guy……you should try it some day. 

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

“So wrong bud…… “may own your own car LMAO🤣

I was 100% mortgage and debt  free by 38 years old.  47 now not really worked for the last 5 years as my hobbies (coins) and other ventures cover my outgoings…….also just bought a house with gold.  

I do ask real world probing questions,  as holding PM’s can give some people a false sense of security, yes nice to have some,  its the bigger picture some need to step back had take a broader view on money, wealth, finances and the bear traps out there. 

I don’t pretend or presume I’m richer, weather and smarter than the next guy……you should try it some day. 

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Often the best of life arises out of things that are free. Mostly enjoyed my life so far, but as always sad/bad times do periodically occur.

This is my Bible

Screenshot 2024-06-22 193735.png

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website  

dancu.co.uk

1 minute ago, Paul said:

When you finally step out of the matrix we are fed from birth.

Consume consume consume buy buy buy

The posh car is still a car and gets you from a to b

a one bed flat still provides shelter

A pair of charity shop jeans will cover your nudity over a £500 pair of Balenciaga 

The main thing is losing the inhabitations of worrying about what other people think

And also the main thing ' noone cares' ! 

Keeping up with the Jones, I couldn't care less 

The very best things I like is free

Walking without worry

I can take a day off any day I like 

Not worried of any bills or direct debit

Learning how to eat well, properly, learn about health, general fitness

Always learning and always trying to be better

Super love

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Paul said:

When you finally step out of the matrix we are fed from birth.

Consume consume consume buy buy buy  - use the contents of the slurry tank

The posh car is still a car and gets you from a to b - drive the contents of the slurry tank

a one bed flat still provides shelter - sleep in the slurry tank

A pair of charity shop jeans will cover your nudity over a £500 pair of Balenciaga 

The main thing is losing the inhabitations of worrying about what other people think - sleep in the slurry tank

And also the main thing ' noone cares' ! - sleep in the slurry tank

Keeping up with the Jones, I couldn't care less - sleep in the slurry tank

The very best things I like is free - sleep in the slurry tank

Walking without worry

I can take a day off any day I like - sleep in the slurry tank

Not worried of any bills or direct debit- sleep in the slurry tank

Learning how to eat well, properly, learn about health, general fitness thrap  in the slurry tank

Always learning and always trying to be better

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

My bicycles are worth more than some peoples cars.  🤣

and they run off fart powered bisto!

53 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

36 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

My bicycles are worth more than some peoples cars.  🤣

:rolleyes:

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken