• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

9 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

No we’ve decided to go on a short sightseeing tour first. Normal service to da’moon will be resumed at undetermined time in the future. Please remain seated and put on your seatbelt because we are expecting severe turbulence. Gas masks will automatically drop from the ceiling in the event of a currency collapse, economic meltdown or WW3. Enjoy the ride and thank you for travelling with Bullion Airlines™.

@James32will probably delay the flight as he will have brought his bloody hoover on as hand baggage, in case we pass any precious metal laden astroids en-route to da'moon 

Just dipped below £1,500 a minute ago.  Not enough delta-v even to get into orbit.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

under £1,500 again "wah, doooooooooooooooooooomed !! "

Wonga was right $400 soon 

Thank you for flying Bullion Airlines. We will now begin our final approach for a FED “soft landing”.

plane-crash-gif-7.gif

Edited by EdwardTeach

the gold in GBP thread should really be renamed the GBP/USD exchange rate thread. 

I think gold is going up , in dollar terms. but also that the dollar is going down v GBP faster. thus I think we will see sub 350 sovs early next year. maybe lower 

So is the gold price going down then because of the UK turnaround on printing & bond buying?? 
Or is this speculation? Just asking as i have a friend that wants to buy gold & I have said hold back. 

The US price is really cheap now. 

8 minutes ago, JamesH said:

I’ll keep buying on the way down and then repeat on the way back up again 👍🏼

It's not a concern, only another opportunity. 

Well unless it goes to zero, then we are all snookered 🤣🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

100%. Hopeful to have many years of accumulating gold, ahead of me. The lower the price the greater the opportunity (for me personally) so I welcome ‘cheap’ gold in the short-mid term 👍🏼

13 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

So is the gold price going down then because of the UK turnaround on printing & bond buying?? 
Or is this speculation? Just asking as i have a friend that wants to buy gold & I have said hold back. 

The US price is really cheap now. 

the price of gold will go up.  probably over 2k usd.  not much use to us when GBP/USD is back to 1.30 

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

if it goes to zero I will buy all of it.   well not the modern sovs. ugh terrible colour.