• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2040 maybe the year for silver?

Stackerads

Evening I'm sitting here thinking about the petrol/diesel ban in the automotive industry by 2040, 

Now some of you may know batteries contain silver oxide, so it's got me thinking naturally the demand for batteries is going to sky rocket by 2040 in the automotive industry and if silver is needed for those batteries equally the demand for silver should also sky rocket? 

And in my book the higher the demand for silver the higher the price should or WILL rise, 

I personally see silver overtaking platinum and rhodium as those two metals shouldn't be needed in electric vehicles, I actually feel plat and rhodium dying by 2040 especially for industrial use

Maybe this is the year for us stackers to finally cash in big on our investments?

I hope reason will prevail, thus as there is no correlation between CO2 in the atmosphere and temperature, the communistic climate agenda will be called off. This being said, an analyst called Johann Saiger sees 30 year cycles for silver for the last 100 years that, in case they continue, would bring silver lows around 2022 at ca 10 Dollars and a high around 2040. He sees the same pattern in gold but not that strong. I doubt it but it's certainly interesting. As the video is in German, I have made a screenshot of the most important graph of his interview from 2018

image.png.84aa3d9f4078d3b57dd2d5af6a4da6df.png

For reference, the graph is from this video

I was told that each electric car has 72 ounces of silver in them. Also used in solar panels. My daughter was looking to buy a electric car. She was told right now the car can go 240 miles on a charge. Then the car has to charge 2 to 8 hours. Here in South Dakota 240 miles will not get you half way across the state if heading east. She bought a hybrid car. And because of the mountains we get hail ( not big only pea to tennis ball in size) quite often. In Deadwood they had to use snow plows to move the hail that was 2 feet deep. So solar panels are not too popular out here. But I think silver has great potential if they can improve the technology.

Until you can travel 400 miles on one charge, and be able to charge from empty to full in ten minutes, then you can forget about everyone moving to electric cars. Unfortunately the carbon free utopia that the "environmentalists" are demanding to happen in 10 years, just hasn't been invented yet. Politicians like the brain dead AOC are whipping up a media frenzy asking for something that just doesn't exist, and won't do for many many years. 

People like AOC do not live in the real world and it would be nice if they did what they preach. Like the saying, Do as I say not as I do.   After all this green talk I think my wife and I will drive our pickup to Rapid City for a large steak dinner!!!

43 minutes ago, blindguy said:

People like AOC do not live in the real world 

Of course they do, that's why they know there are enough stupid people to believe them and hence get elected. 

Instagram: gildeon_67

59 minutes ago, Gedmunds said:

Here's a sideways take on future travel. Currently a lot of platinum in fuel cells.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107297/hydrogen-cars-will-overtake-electric-cars-expert-claims%3famp

Screenshot_20190704-200846_Samsung Internet.jpg

It really annoyed me when so many started hopping on the electric bandwagon instead of focusing their resources on making this safe enough to be viable. The limitations of electric make it simply not viable for anything more than short commutes. Hydrogen fuel cell always seemed like the clear future path to me.

22 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

It really annoyed me when so many started hopping on the electric bandwagon instead of focusing their resources on making this safe enough to be viable. The limitations of electric make it simply not viable for anything more than short commutes. Hydrogen fuel cell always seemed like the clear future path to me.

Like you said, if they can make it safe, it would be a good idea. 

Or even better, just make them powered by silver, then the stacker's dreams will come true! 

On 03/07/2019 at 23:45, silenceissilver said:

I hope reason will prevail, thus as there is no correlation between CO2 in the atmosphere and temperature, the communistic climate agenda will be called off.

Without further context, this part will not make sense to many readers, thus at least a bit more context in another thread

"Maybe this is the year for us stackers to finally cash in big on our investments?"

Cash in for what though?  Worthless paper money? 2019 is the year, its right now that matters and silver is the sale of the century!  I am having a blast buying and I hope it stays low for a few more years. After that I dont care where it goes because the value in PM's is within itself, not valued in a currency that is worthless.

I just want to highlight that steam is biggest greenhouse gas and has biggest real impact on climate change.

I remember how amused I was when firstly learn about hydrogen fuel cell at university of technology. Sad news, it will not be implemented until people in power can yeld on other things. It eventually will take it place but wont be cheap in use for us, and i can bet we will have tax on steam emission. Probably from breathing too. 🤣  

Everyone thinking you will have the same freedoms on the roads that we have today are sadly wrong.

Look how cars are 'bought' these day or sorry leased/hired/borrowed on the never never.

Ownership is slowly being taken off the table (thanks america !) 

Look how money has been thrown by globalised silcon valley tech firms like uber, lyft etc.

look how they are developing into ubereats and other brands etc

Wait until driverless cars, has been fully sussed out the infrastructure is there for uber to make their brand totally driverless

then you have the pay as you go car model ready made, these driverless cars, with not need staff, will be cashless, will be booked through app, they will be at the forefront of the cleanest tech possible. and tracked six ways from sunday by big brother in the background through your phone/bank

the great unwashed will be priced out of car ownership and rely on these safe clean cars

the general public is slowly being priced out of the car market, look how they are using "clean air" now to further restrict Joe Public motorist, here in newcastle it is proposed to charge any driver using any bridge crossing the tyne will pay a toll to fight for clean air (ie cash cow) ultra low emmissions zone in London

look how motorways are changing, smart motorways. privataising of road network 

Agenda 21 & 2030 is at work here. car ownership for the great unwashed is not part of the equation.

on a plus note i will be due to retire around 2040 ish so bring it on £1000 per oz please 

Archived