• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Forum banners

I know I can be a grumpy old sod at times; I've been around these parts for a long time now and I do tend to give the boss a hard time occasionally😉

but am I the only one who finds all these multi-coloured banners a bit overpowering and a real turn off?

it wouldn't be so bad if they were just on the the home page, but even then they don't leave much space for any topics.

1433196113_Annotation2019-07-02223658.thumb.jpg.a4f9cc16aacf38db2a6ab867f929908a.jpg

but to have them on every page.......................

1899310519_Annotation2019-07-02223620.thumb.jpg.df24ac2e3685a25664ecdac6f355cdcd.jpg

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

i don't like them.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• Founder & Administrator

I agree that the aesthetics are not the best, however, the announcements are very useful to make members aware of important announcements. The floating bar is closable and will be remembered during your session (if you change device, or clear your browsing data then you would then need to close it again) the floating bar is prominent for a reason though, and I use that for when there is important info that I would like all members to see.

Ideally it is best to limit the announcements to only those most important and to remove them when finished (e.g. the one with competition awaiting the draw will be removed as soon as I have got around to drawing that)

I could look at having the announcements only showing on the homepage (and not the other forum pages) as well as maybe making all of them, or at least the majority in the same colour. This should improve the aesthetics of the announcements and browsing of forum pages (especially on mobile). 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, ChrisSIlver said:

I agree that the aesthetics are not the best, however, the announcements are very useful to make members aware of important announcements.

I think when people see the banners they look at them as adverts and gloss over them 

Maybe a better way would be notifications, people check the red bell for replies, sneaking in announcements there will get them seen 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I played around with some colour options and have changed the colour of the default banner to maroon colour. You may or may not like this, however I will keep this colour as it is good and grabs attention (the purpose of an announcement), also it works with the blue in my opinion (I know looks are subjective) I also feel that this is a more sophisticated look, especially when you compare it to the previous look in the screen shot above.

After today there will likely be no current banners, as I will try to draw the prize draw for leaving feedback, and the live chat announcement will not be relevant currently. So that will make thing cleaner. There are some other pages with limited announcement, e.g. there is a green annocumenet for the competitions for listing an item in the US & Canada section, this is visible only when in that forum. 

Currently there is no setting to show an announcement solely on the main homepage, that is something I would have to look into.

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 12.30.08.png

11 hours ago, Kman said:

Maybe a better way would be notifications, people check the red bell for replies, sneaking in announcements there will get them seen 

This is a good idea and something that can be explored in the future, no default setting to allow that currently. I will also utilise the email system more instead of announcements sometimes, for those signed up to the newsletter.

Those who aren't signed up to the news letter may wish to do so, you can sign up just by clicking on the sign up button on the right side bar (computer), or sign up from mobile by going to notification settings and ticking the "Send me news and information" button found here: https://thesilverforum.com/notifications/options/ you can also unregister for the newsletter anytime by going to that same page.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

14 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I know I can be a grumpy old sod at times; I've been around these parts for a long time now and I do tend to give the boss a hard time occasionally😉

but am I the only one who finds all these multi-coloured banners a bit overpowering and a real turn off?

it wouldn't be so bad if they were just on the the home page, but even then they don't leave much space for any topics.

1433196113_Annotation2019-07-02223658.thumb.jpg.a4f9cc16aacf38db2a6ab867f929908a.jpg

but to have them on every page.......................

1899310519_Annotation2019-07-02223620.thumb.jpg.df24ac2e3685a25664ecdac6f355cdcd.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing. This is my view on my mobile at the moment.

Screenshot_2019-07-03-13-42-33-973_com.android.chrome.png

It really has gotten a lot better...I have the Theme selected to “IPS test”. This is at least selectable at the bottom of the site while on mobile. The burgundy banners show up as dark grey...Now just need to roll off the “CLOSED & Awaiting draw...” announcement.😁

15 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

It really has gotten a lot better...I have the Theme selected to “IPS test”. This is at least selectable at the bottom of the site while on mobile. The burgundy banners show up as dark grey...Now just need to roll off the “CLOSED & Awaiting draw...” announcement.😁

The test theme isn't supposed to show actually. But nice spotting, gave me an idea to create some sort of additional theme with less bright banners.

Discounts / Offers

7 minutes ago, ChrisSIlver said:

The test theme isn't supposed to show actually. But nice spotting, gave me an idea to create some sort of additional theme with less bright banners.

One forum I was on they accidentally left the moderation section open for a while, it was fascinating to see what they said about certain members between themselves 🤣

9 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

Thanks for listening😊

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived