• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What do you think of this sell price?

LootGoblin

G'day all,
So, as soon as i saw the double sovereign below sell at that price,i regretted instantly. lesson learnt, always bid on the ones you want. always. 

Secondly, what do you think of the bids on this £5 version below?  😱

image.thumb.png.73b5cb1779e45fc4ac4faf5e101b77be.png

image.thumb.png.1b865cc7f374bbee937a96c893478ffa.png

Do you already have the £1 Sovereign? If not it might be worth getting that one first if you can afford it.

They normally sell for the same price as the £2 Sovereign.

The £5 is at a crazy price 😯

@danmc82 No i don't have the £1.
I don't have many coins at all (yet), and my interest is mostly in the £2/£5 for sovereigns.
And as you say;  

1 minute ago, danmc82 said:

They normally sell for the same price as the £2 Sovereign.

Which means either the £1 is over-valued or the £2 is under-valued.
Either way for same price, i want more gold :) 

14 minutes ago, vicamy said:

@AndreasAfeldt must be very happy 😉

Yes, £5k was expected for the 1989 £5 in PCGS PR70 DCAM, but I'm pleased to see this with still 1 hour to go in the eBay auction! Heritage auctions sold one (NGC PF70 UC) in January for $7,200 incl. premium and my last one (PCGS) sold for £5k on eBay, so this seems to be the market price. They will be worth more in the future considering how hard it is to get one in PR70 DCAM. And may I take the opportunity to point out here that while slabbing NGC may be cheaper, they tend to sell for less as PCGS are stricter (especially on the modern proofs). I will make a YouTube video on this topic at some point

On 30/06/2019 at 20:21, AndreasAfeldt said:

Yes, £5k was expected for the 1989 £5 in PCGS PR70 DCAM, but I'm pleased to see this with still 1 hour to go in the eBay auction! Heritage auctions sold one (NGC PF70 UC) in January for $7,200 incl. premium and my last one (PCGS) sold for £5k on eBay, so this seems to be the market price. They will be worth more in the future considering how hard it is to get one in PR70 DCAM. And may I take the opportunity to point out here that while slabbing NGC may be cheaper, they tend to sell for less as PCGS are stricter (especially on the modern proofs). I will make a YouTube video on this topic at some point

Not sure I agree with the NGC point (less strict on grading) looking at the example above the NGC graded coin has set the best price for the 70, I know its a small audience!. Also looking at the published figures for both NGC and PCGS the number look like this. NGC have graded 84 1989 £5's and 17 have graded 70, therefore 20% and PCGS have graded 70 1989 £5's and 12 have graded 70, therefore 17%. Id say not much in that! Certainly not enough to suggest one graded stricter than the other, just an observation...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Archived