• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help with hallmark please

GrahamB

Hello,

I recently found the attached piece of jewellery and having tried to identify the hallmark am struggling, so would be grateful for any assistance...

The hallmark is very small, I have done my best with the picture, but to assist it seems to read SG; 925 within a weighing scale; 925 in larger numerals; a jaguar head (?); 375 within a weighing scale. Also there is a stamp of 925DIA on the body of the pendant, 375 on the gold portion behind the pearl (?) and the chain has a 925 stamp on the clasp.

If I can help with any additional images please do let me know...

Any help with ID would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Graham

IMG_9557 (2).JPG

IMG_9549.JPG

IMG_9573_Moment(3)_Moment.jpg

IMG_9573_Moment(4)_Moment.jpg

Thank you for the information. 

I only have very limited knowledge, but thought the hallmark should contain a letter to date the item and was concerned that the lack of a dating letter meant that this was not a genuine item? 

16 minutes ago, GrahamB said:

Thank you for the information. 

I only have very limited knowledge, but thought the hallmark should contain a letter to date the item and was concerned that the lack of a dating letter meant that this was not a genuine item? 

I wouldn't worry about the lack of a date letter, as after 1999 it was only voluntary to add it. Which means its almost certain to date sometime this century. The 925 gives away the modernness of the piece as well. 

1 minute ago, GrahamB said:

Thanks again HighlandTiger, it looks real enough, but without the knowledge I doubted that it was.

Reassured now :)

Regards

Graham

Fakers rarely go to the effort of putting makers marks and assay office marks. They usually just chuck a 925 on it. I'd be happy with most things that have makers and assay office marks on them. 

Archived