• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

C grade or best value Sovs (from chards.co.uk)

AlL

hey guys, I'm thinking about ordering a C grade sov from chards for £248.19

Do you have any experience with that... or shall I better pay £2 extra and get a "better" looking one for £250.

sov.png

Gold is gold I guess, but I'd rather pay two quid extra to get something more decent-looking. The only exception I think is if you want to buy bulk... then little discounts can add up. That's just me, someone else might go for the cheaper one. :)

I would be carful, a member here a month or so ago sold some sovereigns to chards and they paid a fair bit less for worn coins so just because they are a few £ cheaper doesn’t make them a better deal.    Can’t remember who was but someone will tag him in to fill in gaps

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Gold is gold I guess, but I'd rather pay two quid extra to get something more decent-looking. The only exception I think is if you want to buy bulk... then little discounts can add up. That's just me, someone else might go for the cheaper one. :)

2 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

id pay the extra £2 for standard bullion. for them to consider them below bullion grade they must be pretty chewed up

2 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

the problem is, what is the definition of MORE DECENT LOOKING ……..

Thank you guys... Gold is gold but £2 is not much for a better graded coin... but is all very subjective. 

I'd like to know if someone had some grad C coins from them

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I would be carful, a member here a month or so ago sold some sovereigns to chards and they paid a fair bit less for worn coins so just because they are a few £ cheaper doesn’t make them a better deal.    Can’t remember who was but someone will tag him in to fill in gaps

ooo It would be interested to know more about this...

@Xander is also right... just of 1 coin, postage might kill the deal.

1 minute ago, AlL said:

Thank you guys... Gold is gold but £2 is not much for a better graded coin... but is all very subjective. 

I'd like to know if someone had some grad C coins from them

it is very hard to say ……….. it is like talking about which lady is more decent looking  , one has 40 inch waist and another have 42 inch 😁 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

7 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

it is very hard to say ……….. it is like talking about which lady is more decent looking  , one has 40 inch waist and another have 42 inch 😁 

pictures please... hahahah just kidding!

Can't believe it, we might get banned from the forum, but just because we are talking... the one on the left looks fake to me, however the curves on the right one are nice and pronounced. 

7 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Yep.    What I didn't say at the time was that I had bought all the ones I sent to Chards from Atkinsons best value sovs range.  That shows the subjective view and the talking up or down of quality depending on whether you're the buyer or the seller.

Chards said they'd scrap the one with the scrape on it but the others seemed fine as bullion quality to me however some were C in their view.

The pay gap when buying bullion or grade C sovs seems to have narrowed now they are selling them.

Anyway here was the thread.      

1 minute ago, HelpingHands said:

Yep.    What I didn't say at the time was that I had bought all the ones I sent to Chards from Atkinsons best value sovs range.  That shows the subjective view and the talking up or down of quality depending on whether you're the buyer or the seller.

Chards said they'd scrap the one with the scrape on it but the others seemed fine as bullion quality to me however some were C in their view.

The pay gap when buying bullion or grade C sovs seems to have narrowed now they are selling them.

Anyway here was the thread.      

thank you very much for this info. Ya it's very subjective and also much lead by demand/supply and current stock.

25 minutes ago, AlL said:

thank you very much for this info. Ya it's very subjective and also much lead by demand/supply and current stock.

Why don’t you put a wanted in the trade section, some great 2017 coins up earlier   Maybe some one has some they want to part with

15 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Why don’t you put a wanted in the trade section, some great 2017 coins up earlier   Maybe some one has some they want to part with

I'll do that! someone was selling 2017s for 230+postage... grrr too late!

Archived