• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold high spot price

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hear more and more talk that gold is coming into the mix for trade payments in Asia - all the US sanctions shenanigans is forcing nations to look at alternatives. They value gold so gold demand goes up.  

i've bought a few sovereigns in the last few days - i think that must be driving up the gold price. 🥂

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Yes I've been waiting for this move.. it does look like more than just a temporary bump. Will likely move higher from now on through the rest of the year, in my own irrelevant opinion.

Factors include global political and economic turmoil, especially with regards to the US-China Trade War that is in development, and for us in the UK the gold move seems more pronounced because of the weak sterling against the USD. Low interest rates in the US are also driving this, and the internal US spat/divide between Donald Trump supporters and haters, namely Democrats, does not seem to want to go away, but lingers on especially since the Democrats are beginning to call for impeachment.

I half wish that gold prices had stayed low until the last in the QB series was released, as now I'm struggling to get my head around paying the current levels for bullion coins. Still haven't got the Yale... but maybe the current price is going to look cheap by the end of the year. 😟

2 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

More chance of a hippo sprouting wings, than silver going to the moon. Admit it, we've all pissed our money up the wall buying silver. :)

Never say never.. it's going to happen some day... and that trend may be about to start :) Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Never say never.. it's going to happen some day... and that trend may be about to start :) Time will tell. 

Oooooh silver has jumped to £11:60. Someone's just turned on the monitors in mission control. Rocket being prepped as we speak.

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Silver going to fly soon if gold persists in popping.

Us on here have heard this since 2012.  I personally am still waiting for $150 Toz that's what i was promised by the usual lot. 

I would not buy silver if you think its going to $150 Toz or if you hear the quote 'to the moon' or if you hear the quote 'better getting in early before the boat leaves the harbour' or 'back the truck up'. 

Silver is a long term investment and should only be part of your investments try and have a balanced investment plan.  

Some of us on here have been buying Gold for a very long time and have seen the ups and downs.  Just ask yourself what are the dealers buying who sell you silver?  

Anyway i hope you are right and silver does fly and lots of new investors come in i will sell them some of mine.    

2 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Us on here have heard this since 2012.  I personally am still waiting for $150 Toz that's what i was promised by the usual lot. 

I would not buy silver if you think its going to $150 Toz or if you hear the quote 'to the moon' or if you hear the quote 'better getting in early before the boat leaves the harbour' or 'back the truck up'. 

Silver is a long term investment and should only be part of your investments try and have a balanced investment plan.  

Some of us on here have been buying Gold for a very long time and have seen the ups and downs.  Just ask yourself what are the dealers buying who sell you silver?  

Anyway i hope you are right and silver does fly and lots of new investors come in i will sell them some of mine.    

Yeah you're right, of course :) I don't have a crystal ball, only venturing into "wishful thinking guesses" when gold rallying gets me excited. Not to be taken too seriously, or as investment advice :)

Big moves in gold this week in terms of £ and USD. 

I do want to acquire more of the stuff but in the end I might just hope for the gold silver ratio to come down before I obtain more Au, by trading in Ag for Au. 

Archived