• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington closed account?

ilovesilverireallydo

So got a call from H&B that I was over my 3 coin limit. So they said they cancelled my order and refunding me. 

But now I can’t log into my account and password reset doesn’t work. Anyone else get locked out? 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Same thing happened to me when I tried to re-order more sovereigns, they did refund me.  I cant recall how long it took to refund perhaps 2-3 days certainly no longer than a week.  I didnt use a credit card so I dont think you will have any probs getting your money back.  Incidently did you use a new email and or address?  I think certain other members slipped through the radar as they had ordered other items eg fractional qb's or britannias.

17 minutes ago, universalcurrency said:

Same thing happened to me when I tried to re-order more sovereigns, they did refund me.  I cant recall how long it took to refund perhaps 2-3 days certainly no longer than a week.  I didnt use a credit card so I dont think you will have any probs getting your money back.  Incidently did you use a new email and or address?  I think certain other members slipped through the radar as they had ordered other items eg fractional qb's or britannias.

Nope same one. Found it odd my account got locked out though

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Makes sense, I know I would😂

Only vulnerable, easily persuadable, and affluent repeat customers are wanted by some companies, and that would not include selling unlimited bullion gold at below spot.

Just an observation, I am obviously in no way suggesting Harrington and Byrne are such a company :)

3 minutes ago, Collectorharrison said:

I just received my coins from Buckingham Collection. 

Their sovereigns are at £228.99 free P&P

https://buckinghamcollection.co.uk/coin/205/

Oh great... somewhere to go when my H&B allocation is finished :)  But, your link says £239... do you have a special link for the better price?

I've had more than 3 but it looks like they're clamping down. I fancied pushing my luck for a final couple at the even lower price especially with the spot price climbing over the last week but I suppose I'd get cancelled now too. That they only sent the last ones 1st class signed for had put me off a bit anyway and the reply they gave to Downs523 about it on the other thread about them only being bullion so easily replaced should anything happen in transit - bit of a lax attitude there, even 1 sovereign is worth a lot more than a max compensation limit of £50.

On 18/05/2019 at 20:56, Goldflinger said:

I've had more than 3 but it looks like they're clamping down. I fancied pushing my luck for a final couple at the even lower price especially with the spot price climbing over the last week but I suppose I'd get cancelled now too. That they only sent the last ones 1st class signed for had put me off a bit anyway and the reply they gave to Downs523 about it on the other thread about them only being bullion so easily replaced should anything happen in transit - bit of a lax attitude there, even 1 sovereign is worth a lot more than a max compensation limit of £50.

They probably have their own good in transit insurance. 

That or they are very willing to take the losses on these sovereigns to gain new customers for their expensive products. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Back in February when the H&B offer first came out, the second sovereign that I ordered arrived with a couple of very minor marks on it; I rang H&B and they were only too happy to exchange it for me (even sending me a special pre-paid secure envelope for me to return the defective coin in).

During the course of my telephone conversation, I mentioned to the terribly well-spoken young man that was dealing with me that as I was going to be up in Town the next day, I was very happy to cll by their offices in Hanover Square, return the coin and pick out a decent one as its replacement. The young chap then told me that the Hanover Square address is just a "postal address" that they use; H&B are in fact based in Bournemouth - which coincidentally is also the same town as The Buckingham Collection are based......

Looking back through various posts on the Forum with photos of the full-page adverts that both H&B and The Buckingham Collection have used in a variety of national newspapers to promote their respective offers on "2019 uncirculated gold sovereigns", both sets of adverts are remarkably similar in style ;)

Links for both won't allow me to sign up and register to buy any coins.

0 We are unable to process this request. Either some of the details provided are not valid or this lead group is not accepting submissions through this method.

11 hours ago, PansPurse said:

Just pondering this. Is it possible to get a circulated modern sovereign? I mean nobody's actually using them for their nominal face value?

lol good question... were sovereigns ever "in circulation", as in used like money in shops? Certainly not today, so the term "uncirculated" is kind of ambiguous. 

On 21/05/2019 at 22:26, goldmember44 said:

lol good question... were sovereigns ever "in circulation", as in used like money in shops? Certainly not today, so the term "uncirculated" is kind of ambiguous. 

Of course.  They would mint millions for fun.  Not many coin collectors over a hundred years ago.

Archived