• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Warning: Gold Coin Offers in Newspapers

ilovesilverireallydo

There has been an uptick in newspaper adverts for gold coins. Though some cos like H&B are genuine with history in the industry - a few new companies seem dubious to me. Please research the company directors and their history. For example one that I have seen recently - the directors only had cleaning companies before, its been set up only a few months ago - etc etc. Just be smart about where you spend your money: Remember - these guys get your financial and home details. 

BE VIGILANT! 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

There has been an uptick in newspaper adverts for gold coins. Though some cos like H&B are genuine with history in the industry - a few new companies seem dubious to me. Please research the company directors and their history. For example one that I have seen recently - the directors only had cleaning companies before, its been set up only a few months ago - etc etc. Just be smart about where you spend your money: Remember - these guys get your financial and home details. 

BE VIGILANT! 

Just came accross this post. You seem highly active in slandering firms apart from Harrington and Byrne. 

I get a new company should be approached with caution which I agree with to a certain point. This post of yours is specifically aimed at the company Iv just ordered from. Have you had bad dealings with them in the past?

thank you 

When there was chat about BC & H&B a couple months ago I did some homework on company's house as well and my conclusion is: I do agree to some degree but the basis of your argument is H&B have genuine history yet there managing directors original company was a solar panel company which from my knowledge has no relevance to the numismatics industry so taking that on board surely what would be appropriate to say is maybe some company's are at different stages but I myself wouldn't question the validity of a company until you have ordered from them directly. I myself have had no issues with both H&B and BC. 

Kind Regards,

The Gold Angel

8 minutes ago, Collectorharrison said:

Just came accross this post. You seem highly active in slandering firms apart from Harrington and Byrne. 

I get a new company should be approached with caution which I agree with to a certain point. This post of yours is specifically aimed at the company Iv just ordered from. Have you had bad dealings with them in the past?

thank you 

Careful when you mention slander. This is a specific post for people to be vigilant. Regarding the company you mention you think I am out to slander - actually others HAVE ordered from them in the past and have received their goods. As a member of this forum - we dont favour companies - but each other. I did the same due diligence on H&B - the co has a history of being in this market. . 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 minute ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

No I havent. 

Thanks for the feedback, maybe slander was the wrong word. 

I just wondered if you had dealings with them in the past. I like being part of this community does certainly feel like we all have each other’s interests at the top of our priority which is good. 

7 minutes ago, TheGoldAngel said:

When there was chat about BC & H&B a couple months ago I did some homework on company's house as well and my conclusion is: I do agree to some degree but the basis of your argument is H&B have genuine history yet there managing directors original company was a solar panel company which from my knowledge has no relevance to the numismatics industry so taking that on board surely what would be appropriate to say is maybe some company's are at different stages but I myself wouldn't question the validity of a company until you have ordered from them directly. I myself have had no issues with both H&B and BC. 

Kind Regards,

The Gold Angel

Thanks for your feedback. 

Just made an order with The BC so fingers crossed. 

Archived