• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Buckingham Collection Bullion

Collectorharrison

I've never heard of them (not that that means much tbh). Looking at their site they have a few items, some with crazy high prices so perhaps a way to attract new business, offer a not bad price on something and hope to upsell?

I wouldn't buy from a company that was formed recently, and the directors have  no history in the field https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/23213619-mr-nurul-islam-uddin?page=companies

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/24558133-mr-ronnie-royston-lee

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I've heard of the Buckingham collection before, but never used them. Beautiful coin, if I hadn't just ordered a sovereign from h&b I'd be sorely tempted, American eagles have been on my 'want' list for ages. For whatever reason American coins carry a slightly higher premium from the UK sellers that I use, so it seems like a decent offer. 

• Founder & Administrator

Price looks good. but company I have not heard of before. Coin itself is very beautiful. 

Other well established UK dealers seem to currently have this for sale with delivery for around £295-£300

From a quick search from a few of the major dealers this seems to be the lowest cost: £293.57 current price with shipping from CoinInvest.com, 2 of them with shipping works out at £571.19, so £285.59 each. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

34 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I wouldn't buy from a company that was formed recently, and the directors have  no history in the field https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/23213619-mr-nurul-islam-uddin?page=companies

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/24558133-mr-ronnie-royston-lee

Yeah I think that is a bit off putting I guess everyone had to start somewhere. 

Im going to risk it. I’ll let you all know how I get on. 

Slightly off subject is this a more popular coin than the sovereign? 

Iv seen they have 2019 bullion Sovereign for £228.99 no P&P.....

https://buckinghamcollection.co.uk/coin/205/

49 minutes ago, ChrisSIlver said:

Price looks good. but company I have not heard of before. Coin itself is very beautiful. 

Other well established UK dealers seem to currently have this for sale with delivery for around £295-£300

From a quick search from a few of the major dealers this seems to be the lowest cost: £293.57 current price with shipping from CoinInvest.com, 2 of them with shipping works out at £571.19, so £285.59 each. 

Its certainly the cheapest in the UK. However - see the links about the co I posted earlier. I would be uncomfortable personally. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

4 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Its certainly the cheapest in the UK. However - see the links about the co I posted earlier. I would be uncomfortable personally. 

Iv seen them in the daily mail and in the Sun full page adverts. 

Surely if they have enough money to advertise in those areas they are pretty confident they can send the coins? 

Im new to all this. Thanks for your guidance though :) 

1 hour ago, terakris said:

I've never heard of them (not that that means much tbh). Looking at their site they have a few items, some with crazy high prices so perhaps a way to attract new business, offer a not bad price on something and hope to upsell?

Iv just called an made an order, polite young chap. They did offer me a proof, I kindly declined. 

Ended up buying two. Will keep you guys updated. Fingers crossed I receive the order. 

Thanks again

2 hours ago, Collectorharrison said:

Surely if they have enough money to advertise in those areas they are pretty confident they can send the coins? 

The problem is that bullion companies have extremely small profit margins on coins, so if they are also selling coins cheaper than all the other major dealers it questions as to how they are managing to cover all of the associated costs of running a business as well as expensive advertising in three major newspapers concurrently. I would advise to urge on the side of caution as with all precious metal trades. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

2 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

The problem is that bullion companies have extremely small profit margins on coins, so if they are also selling coins cheaper than all the other major dealers it questions as to how they are managing to cover all of the associated costs of running a business as well as expensive advertising in three major newspapers concurrently. I would advise to urge on the side of caution as with all precious metal trades. 

Thanks for the heads up. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, PansPurse said:

Dangit, I just don't seem to get these ads in the Grauniad...

Whenever I go to my mother-in-laws I always see adds like this in the Radio Times etc (more recently that bizarre little Tristan square quarter sovereign). 

For me, sometimes you just have to take the plunge and place your trust in the company. We learn by experience. The beautiful thing (among many other things!) about this forum is that we can learn together as a community.

to @CollectorharrisonI say that I hope that the coins arrive, and arrive soon - if not, please do let us all know. I will keep my eyes on the 'today I received' thread!

2 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

The problem is that bullion companies have extremely small profit margins on coins, so if they are also selling coins cheaper than all the other major dealers it questions as to how they are managing to cover all of the associated costs of running a business as well as expensive advertising in three major newspapers concurrently. I would advise to urge on the side of caution with all precious metal trades. 

Thanks for the heads up. Makes sense. 

I just tried to place an order for a quarter ounce eagle through the Buckingham Collection website and it failed with an error page. Their live chat guy said :

Hello, the website is currently not allowing purchases through it. Please call us on 0800 193 0080 and we can process your purchase on the telephone.

Doesn't inspire confidence 😂 

Just noticed on Buckingham Collection's website that estimated dispatch is 7 to 10 working days. And also delivery can take up to 28 days. Also states: "Orders can only be made by phone"

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

You can usually pay by credit card so no risk buying from these firms.

Yes, from just need to make sure it is a UK credit card, not debit. As only credit cards are covered by section 75. Also needs to be over £100.

I am unsure if Section 75 applies to cards issued in countries outside of the UK. It may if the products are purchased in the UK? I am not sure.

If any members would like some more info on Section 75, there is some useful info here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases/ also note the part that titled "If there's a third-party payment processor, Section 75 may NOT apply"

Discounts / Offers

I received my coins today from Buckingham Collection, I recieved the two coins I ordered and an authenticity card and capsules. 

Delivery 3 days not bad. 

Just noticed also they have half sovereigns at £128

https://buckinghamcollection.co.uk/coin/2019-half-bullion-sovereign/

not a bad deal. 

Archived