• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Stacking - post your own stacking goals

Toshunya86

I d be happy if you all post your own goals.Comments are also welcome in order to help each other .

For me , it is time to announce the forum that I have defined my gold "identity" . Previous bad experience in collections or collectibles (buying a bit of everything at not great deal without clear plan) taught me a lesson and now I am taking my journey into gold seriously and without rush - a bit of a paradox to say without rush for gold -  but ok.

I have talked to some of you in private and managed to gather some information.

The goal is to mix old gold coins and new bullions. The %  is unclear but i think it will be something around 50-70% for new coins vs 30-50% for old coins.

For new Bullions , i will look for recognized coins and only 1oz, close to spot , but not necessarily crying for 30/40 euro over spot. I'd rather have 5-6 bullion coins of different design than 6 times the same , but i will not go for crazy things. So mostly , Philarmoniker , Maple Leaf , Krugerrand . I do not exclude American Buffalo and one or two exotic coins for speculation (Irbis , Archangel)

For old bullions , I have made myself a list . I will collect LMU coins only , and only 20 francs.(around 200 EUR metal price). This will make sure that I get used to premium prices and that I know what I am buying and can prepare in advance which coins to buy.

I'd give priority to group buys over buying here and there to have less postage. I will also try to make as many transactions as possible without showing my ID for obvious reasons. (scared of confiscation and taxation)

Here is the list of coins I would like to get , I don't set myself a time limit , but probably over 5-10 years since a few are very rare. I know I am going to be way over spot for the average price bought , but i believe this strategy is a good compromise between collecting and investing . Needless to say that I won't necessarily hunt for the rarest years , apart from the perspective of speculation (buying coins at decent price and selling) , which i think will not represent more than 5-10% of my total spendings.

Albanie 20 Franga ari 1926-1927 Amet Zogu
  20 Franga ari 1926-1927 G.Kastrioti Skenderbeu
Autriche 8 Florins 1870-1892 Franz-Josef I.
Belgique 20 Francs 1864-1866 Leopold I. - Tete nue
  20 Francs 1867-1870 Leopold II. - Grosse Barbe
  20 Francs 1870-1882 Leopold II. - Tete nue
  20 Francs 1914 Albert I. - Francais
  20 Francs 1914 Albert I. - Neerlandais
Bulgarie 20 Leva 1894 Ferdinand I.
Danemark (Indes) 20 Francs 1904/1905 Christian IX.
Espagne 20 Pesetas 1887-1890 Alphonse XIII. (Bebe)
  20 Pesetas 1892 Alphonse XIII. (Enfants- Boucles)
  20 Pesetas 1896-1899 Alphonse XIII. (Enfant-Toupet)
  20 Pesetas 1904 Alphonse XIII. (Cadet)
Finlande 20 Markaa 1878-1913 Empire Russe (Republique Finlandaise)
France 20 Francs 1861-1870 Napoleon III
  20 Francs 1871-1898 Republique - Genie debout
  20 Francs 1899-1906 Republique - Coq (Dieu protege la France)
  20 Francs 1907-1914 Republique- Coq (Lib.Ega.Fra)
Grece 20 Drachmes 1876 Georges I. (sans moustache)
  20 Drachmes 1884 Georges I (moustache)
Hongrie 8 Forint 1870-1880 Francois-Joseph I
  8 Forint 1880-1890 Francois-Joseph I
  8 Forint 1890-1892 Francois-Joseph I
Italie 20 Lire 1861-1878 Victor Emanuel II.
  20 Lire 1879-1897 Umberto I.
  20 Lire 1902-1908 Victor Emanuel III.
  20 Lire 1910-1912 Victor Emanuel III.

Monaco 20 Francs 1878-1879 Charles III
Pologne 20 Zlotych (Commemorative) 1925 Boleslaw Chobry
Roumanie 20 Lei 1868-1870 Carol I.
  20 Lei 1883-1890 Carol I.
Russie 5 Roubles 1886-1894 Alexandre III
  7,5 Roubles 1897 Nicolas II
Saint-Marin 20 Lire 1925 Republique
Suisse 20 Francs 1883-1896 Confederation
  20 Francs 1897-1949 Helvetia (Vreneli)
Serbie 20 Dinara 1879 Milan Obrenovic IV.
  20 Dinara 1882 Milan I.
Tunisie (France) 20 Francs 1891-1902 Ali III
  20 Francs 1903-1906 Mohammed IV
  20 Francs 1907-1921 Mohammed V
  20 Francs 1922-1928 Mohammed VI
Vatican 20 Lire 1866-1870 Pie IX.
Venezuela 20 Bolivares 1879-1912 Simon Bolivar
Yougoslavie 20 Dinara 1925

Alexandre I

My plan is usually set by my dealer aka my LCS....he feeds me free tubes and I fill them...but to b honest I'm a stacker, collector, mad metal detectorist who likes finding pristine coins hense the mad bit.

I've been collecting for most of my life and collected many types of things, one day i expect to be on either American picker or horder....lol.

My one constant has been sovereigns, I don't buy in bulk, but I do buy as close to spot as I can get following deal after deal to keep my addictions going and now also collecting sets, only being one coin away from a full set of capped busts, one coin to begin my drapped busts and a few away from a full collection of britannias, 97 to now.

My plan is to keep on doing it till I go 'tits up' and my kids get the best Christmas ever.

My plan is to get to 50oz

This will include:

Full 1oz QB series

Full Perth Mint Dragon & _____ series (not sure how many of these there will be - i think 4)

120 Full Sovereigns

Some 1oz Brits/British 1ozers

After that not sure but likely hold tight for the next 20 years and see what happens. If i do ever liquidate it’s likely to be the Brits and Sovs as they are just generic bullion.

7 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

My plan is to get to 50oz

This will include:

Full 1oz QB series

Full Perth Mint Dragon & _____ series (not sure how many of these there will be - i think 4)

120 Full Sovereigns

Some 1oz Brits/British 1ozers

After that not sure but likely hold tight for the next 20 years and see what happens. If i do ever liquidate it’s likely to be the Brits and Sovs as they are just generic bullion.

How dare you call sovs generic bulion, they are the coins of british history, aristocracy would carry them, a sign of wealth respected around the whole world, dickens will have used them, kings and queens demanding their perfection in likeness, generic?..hold your tongue and say ten hail Mary's backwards.

I stack a set weight each year. I also like to mix it up a bit for variety too. My goal is Xoz Silver and Yoz Gold and each year I pick up bars and coins to reach the target. I don’t buy Sovs coz the math does my head in and I don’t have the patience to work it all out. I like pure .9 only and steer clear of high premiums ( QBs etc) with the exception of a few bars which occasionally turn my head. This year I have bought more coins than bars coz I rather like the Silver Krugerrands that came out last year and the new coat of arms is peeking my interest. Low spot margins only in my main stack. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

My apologies in advance if my goal sounds somewhat simplistic (and maybe even a bit "shallow"), but my aim is to achieve a stack of 100 gold sovereigns (date, condition, etc. Is immaterial) for as little capital outlay as possible (hence why I am a firm advocate of the 2019 sovs from H&B ;))

4 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

My apologies in advance if my goal sounds somewhat simplistic (and maybe even a bit "shallow"), but my aim is to achieve a stack of 100 gold sovereigns (date, condition, etc. Is immaterial) for as little capital outlay as possible (hence why I am a firm advocate of the 2019 sovs from H&B ;))

H&B? :)

My apologies :)

H&B stands for Harrington & Byrne, who are currently selling 2019 sovereigns for just £224 - inc. P&P! (which by my reckoning is a very competitive price right now!)

Just now, Fastnick said:

My apologies :)

H&B stands for Harrington & Byrne, who are currently selling 2019 sovereigns for just £224 - inc. P&P! (which by my reckoning is a very competitive price right now!)

Oh wow, thanks for the tip!! 😍 That's pretty much at spot... I better get busy , just need the money to come in first :)

5 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Oh wow, thanks for the tip!! 😍 That's pretty much at spot... I better get busy , just need the money to come in first :)

Here's a link to the cheap sovs on their website:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-3282.html

6 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Thank you!! This is wonderful.. Christmas has come early :D Only wish I had more cash available.. let's hope it stays that low for a while so we can load up... I mean, that's gold below spot price basically.... and in sovereigns... 

I see they also have a great philatelic department. Nice find...

26 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Thank you!! This is wonderful.. Christmas has come early :D Only wish I had more cash available.. let's hope it stays that low for a while so we can load up... I mean, that's gold below spot price basically.... and in sovereigns... 

I see they also have a great philatelic department. Nice find...

I don't know anything about stamps, but best not to be tempted by anything else that H&B try to flog you (apart from maybe the quarter ounce Queen's Beast Falcon at £279), as everything else they stock seems to be horrendously over-priced! ;)

5 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

I don't know anything about stamps, but best not to be tempted by anything else that H&B try to flog you (apart from maybe the quarter ounce Queen's Beast Falcon at £279), as everything else they stock seems to be horrendously over-priced! ;)

Yes indeed! And oh... do you have the link to that falcon maybe? :)

6 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yes indeed! And oh... do you have the link to that falcon maybe? :)

Here you go:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-falcon-of-the-plantagenets-quarter-ounce-gold-uncirculated-coin-3058.html

Though I do feel that, at just £224, the sovereigns represent the best value coins currently available from this particular dealer........

2 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Here you go:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-falcon-of-the-plantagenets-quarter-ounce-gold-uncirculated-coin-3058.html

Though I do feel that, at just £224, the sovereigns represent the best value coins currently available from this particular dealer........

Thank you. And yes, absolutely. The sovereign is a fantastic deal. Best on the internet. Better not talk too much... 😛 But I'm intrigued as to how you find those links... on the face of it, the website gives an exact link to the sovereign, but at £239... your link just changes the price. I guess it's timebound or something... and you sourced it when the price was lower. Who knows.. but I also couldn't find the link to the falcon without your help. 

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Thank you. And yes, absolutely. The sovereign is a fantastic deal. Best on the internet. Better not talk too much... 😛 But I'm intrigued as to how you find those links... on the face of it, the website gives an exact link to the sovereign, but at £239... your link just changes the price. I guess it's timebound or something... and you sourced it when the price was lower. Who knows.. but I also couldn't find the link to the falcon without your help. 

That £224 price was advertised (full page) in the Sun either yesterday or Friday (cant' remember which) so according to their spiel that means it should hold for at least 7 days from that ad (so to this Friday at the very least). Although you will then be partly responsible for the felling of a rain forest the size of Wales from that day on.

16 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

I d be happy if you all post your own goals.Comments are also welcome in order to help each other .

For me , it is time to announce the forum that I have defined my gold "identity" . Previous bad experience in collections or collectibles (buying a bit of everything at not great deal without clear plan) taught me a lesson and now I am taking my journey into gold seriously and without rush - a bit of a paradox to say without rush for gold -  but ok.

I have talked to some of you in private and managed to gather some information.

The goal is to mix old gold coins and new bullions. The %  is unclear but i think it will be something around 50-70% for new coins vs 30-50% for old coins.

For new Bullions , i will look for recognized coins and only 1oz, close to spot , but not necessarily crying for 30/40 euro over spot. I'd rather have 5-6 bullion coins of different design than 6 times the same , but i will not go for crazy things. So mostly , Philarmoniker , Maple Leaf , Krugerrand . I do not exclude American Buffalo and one or two exotic coins for speculation (Irbis , Archangel)

For old bullions , I have made myself a list . I will collect LMU coins only , and only 20 francs.(around 200 EUR metal price). This will make sure that I get used to premium prices and that I know what I am buying and can prepare in advance which coins to buy.

I'd give priority to group buys over buying here and there to have less postage. I will also try to make as many transactions as possible without showing my ID for obvious reasons. (scared of confiscation and taxation)

Here is the list of coins I would like to get , I don't set myself a time limit , but probably over 5-10 years since a few are very rare. I know I am going to be way over spot for the average price bought , but i believe this strategy is a good compromise between collecting and investing . Needless to say that I won't necessarily hunt for the rarest years , apart from the perspective of speculation (buying coins at decent price and selling) , which i think will not represent more than 5-10% of my total spendings.

Albanie 20 Franga ari 1926-1927 Amet Zogu
  20 Franga ari 1926-1927 G.Kastrioti Skenderbeu
Autriche 8 Florins 1870-1892 Franz-Josef I.
Belgique 20 Francs 1864-1866 Leopold I. - Tete nue
  20 Francs 1867-1870 Leopold II. - Grosse Barbe
  20 Francs 1870-1882 Leopold II. - Tete nue
  20 Francs 1914 Albert I. - Francais
  20 Francs 1914 Albert I. - Neerlandais
Bulgarie 20 Leva 1894 Ferdinand I.
Danemark (Indes) 20 Francs 1904/1905 Christian IX.
Espagne 20 Pesetas 1887-1890 Alphonse XIII. (Bebe)
  20 Pesetas 1892 Alphonse XIII. (Enfants- Boucles)
  20 Pesetas 1896-1899 Alphonse XIII. (Enfant-Toupet)
  20 Pesetas 1904 Alphonse XIII. (Cadet)
Finlande 20 Markaa 1878-1913 Empire Russe (Republique Finlandaise)
France 20 Francs 1861-1870 Napoleon III
  20 Francs 1871-1898 Republique - Genie debout
  20 Francs 1899-1906 Republique - Coq (Dieu protege la France)
  20 Francs 1907-1914 Republique- Coq (Lib.Ega.Fra)
Grece 20 Drachmes 1876 Georges I. (sans moustache)
  20 Drachmes 1884 Georges I (moustache)
Hongrie 8 Forint 1870-1880 Francois-Joseph I
  8 Forint 1880-1890 Francois-Joseph I
  8 Forint 1890-1892 Francois-Joseph I
Italie 20 Lire 1861-1878 Victor Emanuel II.
  20 Lire 1879-1897 Umberto I.
  20 Lire 1902-1908 Victor Emanuel III.
  20 Lire 1910-1912 Victor Emanuel III.
Liechtenstein 20 Franken 1898 Jean II (Johann II Furst)
Monaco 20 Francs 1878-1879 Charles III
Pologne 20 Zlotych (Commemorative) 1925 Boleslaw Chobry
Roumanie 20 Lei 1868-1870 Carol I.
  20 Lei 1883-1890 Carol I.
Russie 5 Roubles 1886-1894 Alexandre III
  7,5 Roubles 1897 Nicolas II
Saint-Marin 20 Lire 1925 Republique
Suisse 20 Francs 1883-1896 Confederation
  20 Francs 1897-1949 Helvetia (Vreneli)
Serbie 20 Dinara 1879 Milan Obrenovic IV.
  20 Dinara 1882 Milan I.
Tunisie (France) 20 Francs 1891-1902 Ali III
  20 Francs 1903-1906 Mohammed IV
  20 Francs 1907-1921 Mohammed V
  20 Francs 1922-1928 Mohammed VI
Vatican 20 Lire 1866-1870 Pie IX.
Venezuela 20 Bolivares 1879-1912 Simon Bolivar
Yougoslavie 20 Dinara 1925

Alexandre I

I suspect @whuamai would be able to source a number of those for you if you ever struggle 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived