• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

London Coin Fair 1st June

Message added by ChrisSilver

See @terakris‘s post here in regards to TSF stickers and easily finding each other at the fair: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/21469-london-coin-fair-1st-june/?do=findComment&comment=260577

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone going that might want to meet up or bump into other silver forum members, with permissions from @ChrisSIlver I've created a sheet of stickers members can wear to show they are members of the forum... and thus hopefully meaning you are approachable to other member to say hello.

The sticker can be printed on an Avery 3613 sheet, however I have pre-printed a bunch off already. Anyone that is going to the show and would like a few sent (totally free of charge) drop me a PM with your address and I'll get a strip of 4 sent out to you. If you can let me know by Wednesday via PM to give me time to pack and post them.

image.png.b0c6f09ef3413ccbbf04e0d0eabd539d.png

You can download the template yourself here to produce your own (using other labels should be fine, just cut around them).

Silver-Forum-Stickers.pdf

I'll have 1 on when at the show, so feel free to come and say hi, I'll bring some spares with me should anyone want some. Hopefully if others decide to wear them we can easily spot each other and introduce ourselves.

@terakris that is a great idea.

I'm planning on going with my brother so I won't say yes to a sticker yet just in case. But if I do attend I will be keeping an eye out 👍

On 23/05/2019 at 14:48, AndrewSL76 said:

Is it possible to buy 90% silver American coins there? I have recently started filling up some tubes and would love more peace dollars and half dollars. 

Yes, I have seen Peace Dollars, Morgan's, Kennedy Half's etc

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Thank you @Norskgeld 

Looking at the dealers list, as published online (http://www.coinfairs.co.uk/ViewDealers.aspx?ShowDate=Jun 1 2019 9:30AM), do you know who deals in 90% American coins. Thanks!

Simon Chester and Steve Jones at Willow Coins have had slabbed and graded Morgan's for sale cos my mate Scotty bought one.

They are upstairs...the dealers tend to keep the same allocated places at every show.

The other dealer I remember seeing US coins at is downstairs opposite Andreas at Coin Cabinet...he had cents, dimes, quarters, nickels, halves, dollars.

He has all his coins in large folders in plastic pockets.

I remember one other dealer downstairs who had a nice peace Dollar that I almost bought...but sanity prevailed and I resisted.😃

On 27/05/2019 at 16:08, Norskgeld said:

The other dealer I remember seeing US coins at is downstairs opposite Andreas at Coin Cabinet...he had cents, dimes, quarters, nickels, halves, dollars.

He has all his coins in large folders in plastic pockets.

I think I visited that stall when I went. I bought a few US state quarters to complete my collection 😊

On 27/05/2019 at 00:55, terakris said:

For anyone going that might want to meet up or bump into other silver forum members, with permissions from @ChrisSIlver I've created a sheet of stickers members can wear to show they are members of the forum... and thus hopefully meaning you are approachable to other member to say hello.

The sticker can be printed on an Avery 3613 sheet, however I have pre-printed a bunch off already. Anyone that is going to the show and would like a few sent (totally free of charge) drop me a PM with your address and I'll get a strip of 4 sent out to you. If you can let me know by Wednesday via PM to give me time to pack and post them.

image.png.b0c6f09ef3413ccbbf04e0d0eabd539d.png

You can download the template yourself here to produce your own (using other labels should be fine, just cut around them).

Silver-Forum-Stickers.pdf 441.34 kB · 1 download

I'll have 1 on when at the show, so feel free to come and say hi, I'll bring some spares with me should anyone want some. Hopefully if others decide to wear them we can easily spot each other and introduce ourselves.

Very good idea! Too bad I'm not in the neighborhood, or I'd go. 

On 10/05/2019 at 15:28, Norskgeld said:

I'll be there...you can identify me by my feet 😄

We should sell those here in the forum for easy identification.  

Perhaps one day the Silver Forum could have it's own stand at one of these coin fayres?

A table is not overly expensive, the likes of BYB and Arshimo might be interested in having some of their wares for sale on it, and I'm sure there'd be sufficient volunteers to help with the setting up, manning and break-down.

On 31/05/2019 at 07:28, Goldmick said:

Gold spot price is high today. Looking forward to the coin fair. 

it's often makes sense to visit fairs and and antique shops, (especially the ones that have lots of cabinets from lots of different dealers), immediately after a jump in spot prices. Dealers rarely have a chance to go round all their cabinets to change prices, and bargains can be had. Obviously you are taking the risk that the spot price wont collapse on Monday on course. 

Archived