• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

3 minutes ago, Wolves said:

Just placed another order for two more sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne. Price still at £229 long may it last.  👍

crossed_sov_4_1_1_1_1_1_1_2_1_3_1_2_1_1_1_1_2_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg.13b87b16dcaa09ebedfe11a37b85071a.jpg

I just had a look on their site and price now says £239 !

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Secure the brand new 2019 UK Gold Sovereign today for just £229 type in search box on home page H&B 2019 press enter and it will take you to the £229 sovereigns.

9 hours ago, goldstacker94 said:

Given the direction the spot is moving in... Harrington & Byrne's deal might not be a bargain anymore :D

If you waited for the perfect time to buy you’d never buy at all 

my plan is : buy when I can afford to , at the best price available  😊

10 hours ago, goldstacker94 said:

Given the direction the spot is moving in... Harrington & Byrne's deal might not be a bargain anymore :D

They are still the cheapest sovereigns i've bought since December 2018 or pre June 2016 .

1 hour ago, Goldflinger said:

I see they now have it at £229 on the main landing page rather than having to hunt about for it with codes. I'm going to get sucked in like a black hole again :D

I know the feeling! ;)

On 15/04/2019 at 12:31, shawy2510 said:

My account manager at Harrington is the same manager at Coin Portfolio, post looks very similar also. Is this a sister company?

Both based in Poole/Bournemouth (despite the London 'head office(s)' which can be in name only for companies).

Doesn't look very good does it?

I must say Coin Portfolio, while I didn't have a great experience with them, never lied to me as it appears this company have done, or gave me such a hard sell (nor scoffed at me for buying bullion, or told me I should be buying their hugely marked up proofs which I was told I could still make a fortune on).

Its a very tempting price but is it worth the hassle of the after sales mountain of post and unwanted phone calls ? The Sovereigns are £20 cheaper than elsewhere but the catch is your passing all your personal details onto a company you know nothing about . Are your details being passed on its a bit of a worry ? 

If an  unknown person offered you £20 for all your personal contact details while walking up the high street would it be a good safe practice .

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

Its a very tempting price but is it worth the hassle of the after sales mountain of post and unwanted phone calls ? The Sovereigns are £20 cheaper than elsewhere but the catch is your passing all your personal details onto a company you know nothing about . Are your details being passed on its a bit of a worry ? 

If an  unknown person offered you £20 for all your personal contact details while walking up the high street would it be a good safe practice .

I can only speak from my own personal experience, which is as follows:

* I have never had a phone call from H&B

* One of the sovereigns that I bought had a few minor nicks/marks on it; I was able to return it the next day in one of H&B's Freepost envelopes and a replacement coin arrived 3 days later (in perfect condition)

* I receive about one envelope a week from H&B with details of other stuff that they are hoping to sell me; I simply put it in the bin - which really is no hassle or hardship to me whatsoever

I've now had three 2019 sovereigns from this company, saving me around £60 when compared to the prices from other coin/bullion dealers; for that sort of saving, I am more than happy to put a few envelopes in my waste paper basket every now and then B)

2 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

@Fastnick and I have similar experience which is as follows:

* I have had a single phone call from H&B which I stated I want to opt out of all marketing communications only interested in the Bullion 2019 Sovereign no other coins

* Only received one marketing mail before the phone call from Harrington and Byrne never received any other marketing (email/post) since

* Placed three orders in the past for three 2019 Sovereigns at a time using the same account registered with initially. Waited delivery before placing the next order.

I've now have nine 2019 sovereigns from this company and if Gold holds the $1270 level very tempted to buy some more.

IMG_1733.thumb.JPG.ac05762ff6509961ec292IMG_1735.thumb.JPG.1bef697e0fa09cd955bb4

3 hours ago, Pipers said:

Thought you were only allowed to order 3 in 12 months

Ordered nine over 1 month time frame without any issues but I took delivery before ordered the next batch of three.

Despite telling them on the phone I wasn't interested in their proofs and only wanted any sort of notification of their yearly bullion deal I am getting junk mail every two or three days. I have decided to let it stack up until I have a postbox or two's worth and then send it all back individually (hopefully at their cost) marked 'return to sender' :)

I'm really glad other people have had good experiences and are delighted with their many coins, it seems I drew the shortest straw on this one! I will be avoiding this company at all costs in future, I'd rather pay a few quid more and deal with a company or individual with integrity.

As the post 17/04 that was my second order, will go back again in a few weeks and see what happens see if my luck as run out. Had no phone calls, jut a few letters on that very nice paper they use at H&B

I got another spam from them today for some £999 set - just went straight to the shredder bar the postcard for my growing collection. Your address is locked into past orders but I wonder if you changed your delivery/billing address to zzzz zzzzz zzzzz would it just 'dead letter' all the future spam. Maybe worth trying for anybody that's fed up with spam.

I'm not for trying/doing it yet myself anyhow, like a few others I might try my hand for another sov or two in a few weeks.

Archived