• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A hypothetical question:

TonyS

God forgive, but in the event of our monarch’s demise what happens to the Queens Beasts series of coins? Does it continue as is, or do we have a new obverse?

To my mind it should continue as they are the Queens Beasts, but who knows the vagaries of government.

The Queen's Beasts are ten heraldic statues representing the genealogy of the Queen. So a new monarch, Charless III say, shares that genealogy and shares the heraldry- they represent the safe guards of England. Our Queen had them on display at her coronation- Charles might not. While  her face is on the obverse I suppose they will always be called the Queen’s Beasts. Under Charles, on the obverse, if the RM produces them may be called the King’s Beasts. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

The Royal Mint would probably complete the series with her majesty on the front if anything happened to her as there's only a few more to go to finish the whole set.

Maybe with a privy mark for the last ones to show she had passed away at the time but I'm hoping she stays around for quite a while after so we could have a chance of series 2 of the beasts :)

4 minutes ago, MickB said:

but I'm hoping she stays around for quite a while after so we could have a chance of series 2 of the beasts :)

What do you think would be in a 2nd series? There are only 10 Queen’ Beasts. 

6 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

An improvement of some of the designs. The Aussie Lunar series are on their second series so they can follow on with them over & over again.

11 minutes ago, MickB said:

An improvement of some of the designs. The Aussie Lunar series are on their second series so they can follow on with them over & over again.

Something to keep an eye out for then. 

2 hours ago, TonyS said:

God forgive, but in the event of our monarch’s demise what happens to the Queens Beasts series of coins?

I don't want to be disrespectful to her majesty future demise but has nobody given any thought into the increase in the premiums on the coins?.  I am hoping much higher premium for individual coins (proof/bullion gold and silver) and if a collector has the whole set a substantial increase in premiums.

1 hour ago, KitboyE17 said:

Modern royal beasts, Fergie toe sucking some bald headed geezer, Jamie Blandford 12th duke of marlborough snorting drugs,  princess margeret with large gin, kind edward and adolf hitler coin, prince andrew and chum jeffrey epstein,  the series could go on and on.

I think having come this far with the series so far ,an untimely death of her Maj' I reckon they will stick with her 'till the end. I hope so as I think it would look silly having a different napper  on the coins with only a few left to release.

If the Queen dies there is a special coronation Beast going to be minted.

proxy.duckduckgo.comqb.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 minutes ago, sixgun said:

If the Queen dies there is a special coronation Beast going to be minted.

proxy.duckduckgo.comqb.jpg

As I said, stomach is delicate at the best of times.

Don't do that to me at this time of night!

Archived