• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver books

Butler106

I have several books about gold but not much about silver. But you could try...

For a quick nicely illustrated overview of silver through history: Silver by Philippa Merriman

Coins through history (most of which have been silver at some point or other): Symbols of Power edited by Thomas Hockenhull

Buried treasure: Hoards by Eleanor Ghey

All published by the British Museum

Apart from some general stuff about asset allocation and so on, the books that I have seen that relate to investing in silver (and actually precious metals generally) are all written by paranoid doomsday cult type people and are rubbish.

Not sure about circulating UK silver coins other than the Spink catalogue, I'm sure there must be some though.

For recent bullion, there is a German guy who has written a bullion book and also of late, more of a collecting volume.

Silver Coins Bullion Book by Sebastian Wieschowski is the one I have. I think he is a member here and was offering his book for sale.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I was selling Silver Coins Bullion Book by Sebastian Wieschowski  on his behalf as they were the last English language ones he had. Maybe a member will be willing to part with one. Other than that. I'm afraid you will be very hard pressed to get a copy.

I might email him and see if he is intending to do another print run and if so, I'll let you know.

Archived