• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver stack

MikeG1978

I just wondered if I could get some pointers on what i should really be aiming for as I was looking around 100oz silver to 2oz gold a year

One of the issues could be storage 

I also wonder if silver has more room to grow in value compared to gold as it's cheaper I can buy more weight

And help  is greatly appreciated 

Storage becomes a problem when your ounces are approaching body weight.
A couple of ounces of gold takes up the space of a few 2 pence coins only.
Personally I believe silver is too cheap compared to gold so accumulate silver if starting this addiction.

Theoretically it has much more upside potential than gold today.

Start with coins like Britannia Oriental Border, Queens Beasts ( 2 oz and 10 oz ), Libertads, American Eagles, Maples, Somali Elephants and anything from the Perth Mint.
There are dozens of coins on the market so just look out for the best prices.
Some better quality coins are supplied in capsules so they are protected but will take up more space.
I like the Perth Mint Dragon bars myself and you can buy tubes of these and separate rectangular capsules if required.
Price per ounce is very good for a lovely product.
An excellent place to start is to buy from one of our sponsors @Arshimo as you will find it extremely difficult to beat his prices per ounce and his service is second to none.
Watch out for shipping though so if you can buy silver try to beef up the size of orders and don't pay UK VAT charged by UK dealers.

Cheers both I have started with 25 Britannias and 20 dragon coins in silver 

I am adding a real mixture some limited  but looking back think I will go cheapest coin per ounce like brits  or maple etc 

I will go gold britannias too us it worth the extra for the oriental border

The coins are more inheritance for my kids 

20 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Cheers both I have started with 25 Britannias and 20 dragon coins in silver 

I am adding a real mixture some limited  but looking back think I will go cheapest coin per ounce like brits  or maple etc 

I will go gold britannias too us it worth the extra for the oriental border

The coins are more inheritance for my kids 

I included the Oriental Border Brit simply because it seems infinitely better quality than the regular Brit but only consider if there is a marginal difference in price.
Seems as if you have started well.
I just placed an order for the latest Queen's Beasts 'The Yale of Beaufort'.
This series of 2 ounce coins is possibly amongst one of the best considering unit price and interest.
Worked out at £13.96 per ounce.
Little point in trying to build the series because the first 2 coins are already highly priced.
Holding a 2 ounce compared to a one ounce is an experience then there are 5 oz, 10 oz and even kilo sized coins but having all of these sizes I do like the 2 oz Kooks & Libertads.

3 hours ago, MikeG1978 said:

I do like the oriental and its about 40 pounds different on coininvest I will have a look around see if that's the best price

You might want to check out backyard Bullion if he has anymore group orders from the European mint...they are going to be probably the cheapest you can get avoiding taxes etc...I'd ratio your gold to silver at what the ratio is now, I think over 80 to 1...that way your not too invested in either and keep enough cash on hand for those one day deals...it pays for itself in the long run...if collecting isn't your thing then always check for cheapest from quality sellers...using my credit card gives me 1.5% back which can mean just over spot to spot.

Archived