• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion series you'd like to see.

AgCoyote

What are some bullion coins or series that you would like to see? What country would you like to see issue an annual bullion coin and what would it be?

Here are a few I've thought of

Royal Canadian Mint

10 oz. Silver Polar Bear, offered every year with a new design.

1 oz and 10 oz. Whale Series- Orca, Beluga, Narwhal and Humpback

Perth Mint

I loved the .5 ounce Sharks that were done a few years ago. I would like another series with a similar finish and look as the Next Gen. and offering 2 oz. and 10 oz silver with Great White, Hammerhead, Tiger, and Bull Sharks.

Annual 1oz. and 10 oz. Saltwater Crocodile semi-numismatic similar to Kooks and Koalas.

Scottsdale Mint

Offer a 1 oz, 5 oz, and 10 oz. coin of the Greater Roadrunner, a different design annually. The other side of the coin would have a map of Arizona.

I wish Brazil( semi numismatic Jaguars, standard bullion coin of Sugarloaf Mountain), Italy(something Roman themed), Spain(vintage pieces of eight.) would do some bullion.

Ohhhh,  like this thread idea.

I think...

AUSTRIA:

Not a big fan of their design, but they should do different musical instruments every year.

ITALY:

Agree with the above poster that roman based would be cool. Maybe designs of old roman coins but as though they were new and modernised.

GREECE:

The Greek gods obviously.

RUSSIA:

Strong soviet designs, I'd be all over these. 

God, I have so many ideas, not all good, but ideas.

I would love a regular one ounce bullion coin in gold and silver from Germany.

We only have changing irregular series that are of small sizes or single commemorative coins.

I would love it to have a classic design, like a heraldic with a modern twist, like Queen's Beasts.

Again we have somewhat strange and or bland topics, like german trees, or musical instruments.

A german eagle on one side and state or city heraldics on the other maybe, changing every year.

21 minutes ago, Finbinfin said:

Has the traditional zodiac been done rather than the lunar calendar? 

I have seen at least four or five zodiac series. I think the Chinese calendar is more convenient for a series, as they change per year.  The zodiacs are monthly, which makes a release schedule rather difficult.

Instagram: gildeon_67

2 hours ago, BuffaloGold said:

RUSSIA:

Strong soviet designs, I'd be all over these. 

Absolutely!

I'm a huge fan of Soviet/CCCP era art and design - I'd definitely be in the market for a series that harked back to the post-WWII Cold War years.

Is there a wonders of the world series? Kind of like the America the beautiful (ATB) 5 ounce series perhaps. 

A bullion solar system, someone had some very nice collector coins on display here I think colourised, moon, Mars, Jupiter, ect. 

Like @caloundracats idea perhaps science and math series would be interesting, atomic structure, DNA helix, that kind of thing. Plenty of beauty in human understanding, many facets but probably not very popular. 

Nice enjoyable thread. The Athenian owl is one of the lowest premium coins I own so we know these can be done without ruining the stack price per ounce. I know people don't care about that anymore. :D

I would like to see more bars like the 1oz Australian Dragon bars. I think it is a really nice format that makes a difference from all the 1oz coins and rounds. I agree with some of the other comments that it would be lovely to see something around Scientists and Artists. I would add to that legendary music acts. The Royal Mail has done some great stamps in recent years featuring Pink Floyd and David Bowie - it would be nice if the Royal Mint followed suit. I'd also like to see the Royal Canadian Mint do the same and feature beloved Canadian musicians like Rush,The Tragically Hip, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, etc (we'll gloss over Bieber).

Archived