• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver price about to plummet

Wonger

11 hours ago, Wonger said:

I think if you buy now you will have the GBP and the price of Silver working against you for a very long time, way past your specific time frame and I cant even imagine how long it would be before you break even, If your not going to hedge the GBP and the Silver, I would keep hold of your money and consider that the wise investment.

When are the majority of these longs running out? Why should they affect the silver price for a very long time?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RichRock said:

I sprayed all my silver in gold car spray. I took it all to Hatton Garden Metals and told them that my Silver now identifies as Gold, could I be paid Gold prices please? They told me to p*ss off. 

I'm going to report them for a hate crime. Shocking treatment. 

Lucky you, my gold identifies as silver and my silver identifies as copper.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

16 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

When are the majority of these longs running out? Why should they affect the silver price for a very long time?

If you pay £1000 for silver today and the GBP/USD rallies back up 30% and Silver sells off 20% your investment is now worth £500, this could end up being a conservative result, you must take the potential future FX rate into account and if you think the GBP/USD can not rally 30% from here then you should not be buying PM's.     

7 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

That might as well be wrote in Swahili for me 🤪

Nice plain English ready.... Silver has sold off $1.07 down to $15.15, there are more long positions right now here at $15.15 than there were at $16.22 and the long positions at $16.22 were already extreme, now they are horrific given price action, if you buy Silver here your going to get your bottom handed to you on a plate. Have a great weekend all. 😀

3 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Nice plain English ready.... Silver has sold off $1.07 down to $15.15, there are more long positions right now here at $15.15 than there were at $16.22 and the long positions at $16.22 were already extreme, now they are horrific given price action, if you buy Silver here your going to get your bottom handed to you on a plate. Have a great weekend all. 😀

Does that mean we sell or buy?

brain hurtee

1 hour ago, Wonger said:

If you pay £1000 for silver today and the GBP/USD rallies back up 30% and Silver sells off 20% your investment is now worth £500, this could end up being a conservative result, you must take the potential future FX rate into account and if you think the GBP/USD can not rally 30% from here then you should not be buying PM's.     

£1000 -> £500

is £11.50/oz -> £5.75/oz

are you saying £5.75/oz is likely to happen?

HH

2 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

£1000 > £500

is $11.50/oz > £5.75/oz

are you saying £5.75/oz is likely to happen?

HH

Price would have to go back to the lows of the 2008. The general theme of Wonger is both the gold and silver prices are going back to 2008/2009 levels. There is one big impediment to that, the physical market will explode, there isn't the physical supply and so we would see defaults. So if paper prices went to that level, the premiums on actual physical would ramp up b/c you can't create physical out of thin air.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Its going to $4 and stackers will beg for mercy!

OK let's do a wager, a nominal amount, say £100, with the money to be held by a third party. i wager silver will not got to $4 a troy ounce.

1 hour ago, Wonger said:

Thanks for the explanation but I don't understand it. Currency fluctuations and and a 20% price drop in Dollars, fair enough but how do these long positions keep the silver price down for a long time? I still don't understand the time scale of these long positions, could they be reversed in one year or are they there for a longer periode? Genuine question, I really don't understand it as trading reports could be written in Swahili for me, too

The last time silver was at $4 was in 1993.

Just now, HawkHybrid said:

that doesn't even make sense. stacking physical silver and making trades on the price of silver are two completely different things.

HH

Why waste time attempting to make sense of this trash talk?

I offer him a wager - £100 on silver reaching $4.

Just now, HawkHybrid said:

as there's no time on the predicted price, theoretically you

can never collect.

HH

That's why i didn't make it £1000 - i need my spare change for Kinesis (not that again 🤕)

So let's say anytime in the next 12 months.

10 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Why waste time attempting to make sense of this trash talk?

I offer him a wager - £100 on silver reaching $4.

I understand that much that you say these long positions won't affect the silver price in the way wanger says, because of the physical demand. I have no clue who is right, although silver at 5 or 4 Pounds sounds farfetched to me. But what is the actual time scale of these long positions, so assuming they would affect the silver price that much, could it not be a completly different situation on the paper market in one years time that would could just as well push the price (in Dollars) up just as much as wanger says they will go down - in one year. The point is, why would it affect a long term stacker (apart from a missed oportunity to buy cheap)? Also, I don't understand, how long positions can dominate the paper market, I thought long and short positions always need to cancel each other out to zero, don't they?

1 minute ago, 5huggy said:

it goes to $4 -- i will buy 30k worth !

5 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I understand that much that you say these long positions won't affect the silver price in the way wanger says, because of the physical demand. I have no clue who is right, although silver at 5 or 4 Pounds sounds farfetched to me. But what is the actual time scale of these long positions, so assuming they would affect the silver price that much, could it not be a completly different situation on the paper market in one years time that would could just as well push the price (in Dollars) up just as much as wanger says they will go down - in one year. The point is, why would it affect a long term stacker (apart from a missed opportunity to buy cheap)? Also, I don't understand, how long positions can dominate the paper market, I thought long and short positions always need to cancel each other out to zero, don't they?

See the post above @silenceissilver - stackers here would buy tonnes of silver - the guy is trolling so i am calling him out. Let's have a bet on it -

12 minutes ago, sixgun said:

See the post above @silenceissilver - stackers here would buy tonnes of silver - the guy is trolling so i am calling him out. Let's have a bet on it -

I'm certainly not betting against you, I just want to listen to and understand the devil's advocat's arguments against buying large amounts of silver as this is what I plan to do later this month.

Archived