• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver shot wanted..

GeordieStacker

I want to do this for spotted/damaged coins that have lost their premium.  Ones that I think no one would pay a premium for.  I certainly would not trying selling a spotted coin without being transparent about the spots.  

They way I see it, If the premium has been lost their is no point in selling the silver for cheaper than I can purchase silver.

May as well turn it to something I really like.  I really like the smaller silver bars.  Thinking 100g is ideal.  

Been watching various videos trying to get info for how to do this small personal scale.

So far I think I need: -

1.  Metal bucket of water.

2.  Some form of pan to put in the bottom of the bucket.

3.  Some form of torch to melt the silver.  Not sure which torch or gas.

4.  Something to place the silver on above the bucket while it's being torched.  Metal frame with a ceramic bowl on top?  Maybe the ceramic bowl with a hole in the bottom? 

Obviously the metal would need to have higher melting point that silver which is about 1000c I think.

5.  Safety equipment, gloves, mask, clothing.

Still trying to find out more.

Many thanks for the replys chaps

Time is not on my side with work amd family

I have sourced some from usa 

Postage going to take a while to minamise  the postage and customs vat

Ill see what i can build for nxt time

Dugised as a bbq in the garden lol

• 8 months later...
On 06/03/2019 at 16:23, GeordieStacker said:

Many thanks for the replys chaps

Time is not on my side with work amd family

I have sourced some from usa 

Postage going to take a while to minamise  the postage and customs vat

Ill see what i can build for nxt time

Dugised as a bbq in the garden lol

I know this was ages ago but wanted to jump in.

Where did you get your shot from please?

The only places I can find online end up  costing more than buying and melting coins once all the costs are included!

Thanks,

Matt

On 01/03/2019 at 06:11, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I can check, my local refinery is selling shot at 10% over spot. Still cheaper than melting kilo bars

UK based refinery? Be interested in them if poss.

Have been watching The Mandalorian and there's several scenes where they melt down this "rare" Bescar alloy into armour, and for some weird reason it's given me a melting bug.

29 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

UK based refinery? Be interested in them if poss.

Have been watching The Mandalorian and there's several scenes where they melt down this "rare" Bescar alloy into armour, and for some weird reason it's given me a melting bug.

Yep. Pm me what you after

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived