• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 29/03/2019 at 10:41, Bullionaire said:

H+B are still sending me junk after I requested they stop as per their privacy policy. Can I put a gdpr or other complaint in about it does anyone reckon? 

I work with marketing companies and the merest mention of GDPR is usually enough to cause chaos.

On 29/03/2019 at 09:51, Murph said:

I hope you haven’t been looking for too long!  I’d hate to think of you looking for years. ;)

Any idea if they bombard you with letters full of “offers” like H&B?  I received three in one day recently.  They may have been the same one sent out repeatedly by mistake but I didn’t open them to see.

I haven't had one letter from them yet

1 hour ago, TheGoldAngel said:

I haven't had one letter from them yet

nice to hear that I'm not the only one waiting in the limbo... 🙂 funny... I call once last week to double check and the lady couldn't tell me much. She sees my order, but no date for the postage or payment. hmmm I'll keep you updated. Fingers crossed.

Another day, another letter and email from Harrington & Byrne trying to sell me stuff at ridiculous prices. They no doubt hook many in or they wouldn't do it. The previous letter or email I looked at offered me 6 ounce silver coins (Kook, Brit, Perth Mint 'roo, some others - probably Maple and ASE) for the bargain price of £200. I guess their presentation boxes and own 'CoAs' give some added value (not). Perhaps like BullionByPost they would send me rubbish coins and then turn around and tell me 'they're just bullion, tough' - ?

On 30/03/2019 at 16:24, longplay said:

I work with marketing companies and the merest mention of GDPR is usually enough to cause chaos.

Any tips? Had enough now. A letter and email every day is ridiculous. I opted out of all marketing when I made my order online, then when the chap phoned me to upsell proofs and basically told me I was stupid for buying bullion I said he could send me one or two proof offers over the course of the next year to see what the company recommends, but I'm getting letters daily.

27 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Another day, another letter and email from Harrington & Byrne trying to sell me stuff at ridiculous prices. They no doubt hook many in or they wouldn't do it. The previous letter or email I looked at offered me 6 ounce silver coins (Kook, Brit, Perth Mint 'roo, some others - probably Maple and ASE) for the bargain price of £200. I guess their presentation boxes and own 'CoAs' give some added value (not). Perhaps like BullionByPost they would send me rubbish coins and then turn around and tell me 'they're just bullion, tough' - ?

Any tips? Had enough now. A letter and email every day is ridiculous. I opted out of all marketing when I made my order online, then when the chap phoned me to upsell proofs and basically told me I was stupid for buying bullion I said he could send me one or two proof offers over the course of the next year to see what the company recommends, but I'm getting letters daily.

I have 9x 2019 Harrington & Byrne had the same experience as yourself except when the kind and generous sales man from Harrington & Byrne phoned me I stated I only wanted the bullion coins not interested in any marketing material what soever. Not had not marketing communication via any means from Harrington & Byrne since. Maybe worthwhile giving them a call and asking opted out of all future marketing communications.

13 minutes ago, Abyss said:

I have 9x 2019 Harrington & Byrne had the same experience as yourself except when the kind and generous sales man from Harrington & Byrne phoned me I stated I only wanted the bullion coins not interested in any marketing material what soever. Not had not marketing communication via any means from Harrington & Byrne since. Maybe worthwhile giving them a call and asking opted out of all future marketing communications.

I pretty much told the guy who phoned me the same thing. He wasn't kind and generous though! I felt he lied to me about proofs (unless anyone wants to buy my Paddingtons or Peter Rabbit for £1200-1500, as he said you will still make a profit? 🤣). I accept I made a mistake by saying he could send me one or two letters a year perhaps to give me an idea about key gold proofs. But they are every day (and not just about gold), and I expressly told him I did not want that. I said one or two letters in a year might be OK with me so I could judge their offerings if the proofs were at Royal Mint prices, but otherwise please only let me know about cheap bullion Sovs if the same deal rolls around next year.

He also told me it was absolutely impossible for anyone to buy more than 3 bullion Sovs from them, because if they allowed more than that they would need a bullion dealer licence. I don't trust him there either (because of his other nonsense). I wanted a few more at that price and tried to make a second order, but I was silly - I made a second account. Folk here ordered multiples on the same account and lots of them got loads. My second order was rejected because it was picked up by this guy (new account upseller I presume). If what he says is true (I have no idea) they could get into trouble for that, but people on here were still buying multiples so I didn't rock the boat.

I'd rather leave that aside and complain on GDRP if possible - bang out of order imvho. I don't care so much about a hard sell to me because I am not as stupid as I might look, lol, but there will be vulnerable folk around the country getting sucked in and paying utterly ridiculous prices for stuff and trusting these people and IMVHO they are untrustworthy and liars.

18 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I pretty much told the guy who phoned me the same thing. He wasn't kind and generous though! I felt he lied to me about proofs (unless anyone wants to buy my Paddingtons or Peter Rabbit for £1200-1500, as he said you will still make a profit? 🤣). I accept I made a mistake by saying he could send me one or two letters a year perhaps to give me an idea about key gold proofs. But they are every day (and not just about gold), and I expressly told him I did not want that. I said one or two letters in a year might be OK with me so I could judge their offerings if the proofs were at Royal Mint prices, but otherwise please only let me know about cheap bullion Sovs if the same deal rolls around next year.

He also told me it was absolutely impossible for anyone to buy more than 3 bullion Sovs from them, because if they allowed more than that they would need a bullion dealer licence. I don't trust him there either (because of his other nonsense). I wanted a few more at that price and tried to make a second order, but I was silly - I made a second account. Folk here ordered multiples on the same account and lots of them got loads. My second order was rejected because it was picked up by this guy (new account upseller I presume). If what he says is true (I have no idea) they could get into trouble for that, but people on here were still buying multiples so I didn't rock the boat.

I'd rather leave that aside and complain on GDRP if possible - bang out of order imvho. I don't care so much about a hard sell to me because I am not as stupid as I might look, lol, but there will be vulnerable folk around the country getting sucked in and paying utterly ridiculous prices for stuff and trusting these people and IMVHO they are untrustworthy and liars.

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

If you feel they've misused your data, you can complain here. 

you also have the right to erasure (because the EU thinks that everyone deserves a little respect...) so you can ask h+b to delete your information they hold. 

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/

14 hours ago, kimchi said:

Mark any post as "not known at address" and stick back in the post box, they're supposed to remove your address from their list, but 50/50 on whether it'll work.

For email, reply that you have opted out and that if you aren't unsubscribed immediately you'll report them to the ICO under the GDPR regs -- see if that instills some compliance.

Make your complaints public on social media if you have an account. Public shaming seems to be a good route.

Dig out the email address of the CEO/MD and send to them (usually easy enough to work out if you can't find it -- firstname.lastname@company.domain is usually a reasonable guess).

Can someone explain about this "bullion dealer license" . I was always under the impression, that all that was needed when buying and selling precious metals as part of a business was registering with your local trading standards dept.  

Am I wrong in this thought?

18 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

HARRINGTON £229 Full sov offer is back on at the moment.

Yes - I placed an order on Saturday for 3 as a new customer and paid using a Visa card.
Unable to log-in though to see if my order has been accepted.
Guess it will have to wait until Monday when people are at work.
Great price as Atkinsons were asking £251.49 and the cheapest full sovereigns from HGM were £241.61 plus cost of shipping circa £6.

25 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

HARRINGTON £229 Full sov offer is back on at the moment.

Would be a bit cheeky of me to order another when I've just sent them an angry email saying they don't have permission to send me mail anymore wouldn't it...

1 minute ago, Bullionaire said:

Would be a bit cheeky of me to order another when I've just sent them an angry email saying they don't have permission to send me mail anymore wouldn't it...

All is fair in love and war...and doing business- I wouldn't have thought any member of staff would have read it prior to clicking the delete button.

13 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Lol no. They selling, you buying ;) 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

17 hours ago, Abyss said:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-gold-uncirculated-sovereign-3163.html

Had to do some digging but found the link £229 2019 Gold Sovereign. Even though gold spot recently taken a hit still the cheapest 2019 Sovereign available to buy.

https://buckinghamcollection.co.uk/coin/205/ found this also, £229.00 Bullion 22 Carat Gold 

H & B have confirmed my order for 2019 full sovereigns at £229 shipping free and payment accepted with a credit card.

This is currently below spot price and these are shiny new coins so no wear & tear to worry about.

The downside is you may be on a call list to tempt you into buying collectible and rarer coins but that's not a reason to look the other way.
I always look for the BOGOF or special deals in supermarkets as you get diddly-squat for your hard-earned cash in the bank so why not take full advantage of loss leaders ?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion