• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

Just now, Petra said:

What’s wrong with on here? Loads of full and half turning up … 🤔

Absolutely nothing. Read above. I support TSF sales lol

4 minutes ago, gravel said:

Considering perhaps 4 then regular additions over time. With my mind on Chards I was considering some mix of the best value second handers and maybe some new halves because the premium is ok on there right now.

I feel I have too much cash and am relatively pessimistic about the economy. I'm buying to have an asset I don't currently. I do not expect to be in a position where I need to liquidate to afford anything. I am playing with money I can afford to lose/allow to do its thing over a long period.

EDIT: In terms of condition - not a collector. Don't care to pay a premium about proofs etc. I would be happy with the lowest common denominator, bang for buck, that is likely to have a secondary market if ever I chose to sell.

Understandable. Cheapest sovereigns including postage makes sense but in my opinion quality still matters because when you end up selling them not many will be interested in paying for severely marked up or dented sovereigns for example the grade C condition ones advertised on chards.

If you have more confidence and feel comfortable buying from a bullion dealer then go for it however if you have a bit more patience and engage on the forum - you'll find better deals buying those sovereigns on The Silver Forum.

@gravel 

Just now, gravel said:

I'm somehow in a position where I'm looking to spend ~£2000 on bullion but don't know if a £5.99 forum subscription fits in my psychological budget.

It's not just for buying stuff. It's for building an online presence where you can sell to when the time comes. And you'll have some fun along the way as long as your open minded.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 minutes ago, gravel said:

Considering perhaps 4 then regular additions over time. With my mind on Chards I was considering some mix of the best value second handers and maybe some new halves because the premium is ok on there right now.

I feel I have too much cash and am relatively pessimistic about the economy. I'm buying to have an asset I don't currently. I do not expect to be in a position where I need to liquidate to afford anything. I am playing with money I can afford to lose/allow to do its thing over a long period.

EDIT: In terms of condition - not a collector. Don't care to pay a premium for proofs or specials etc. I would be happy with the lowest common denominator, bang for buck, that is likely to have a secondary market if ever I chose to sell.

Not been here long myself, done some buying, no selling, some of the buys have been a fair bit of money.

I would preferably buy here now mainly because you get to see far better photos and a lot of honest opinion on what someone is selling.

If you mainly buying then i would recommend a silver membership. Just remember that this is not just a business for everyone here.

26 minutes ago, gravel said:

I'm somehow in a position where I'm looking to spend ~£2000 on bullion but don't know if a £5.99 forum subscription fits in my psychological budget.

Well your prayers have been answered , I’ll fo a auction just for you @gravel,, give my 5 minutes , , and you spend away that 2 grand , it must be burning a hole in your pocket , “ please to meet you bud “👍

36 minutes ago, gravel said:

Put it this way.

there are (or were, they are going fast) 16 sovereigns for sale that are priced £8 cheaper than Hatton Garden Metals best value which you cannot see because your not a silver member. Paying £5.99 and the postage on four sovereigns would still be cheaper than HMG and you can actually see the sovereigns in photos.

HMG best value sovereigns are pot luck as are any dealers best value line.

5 minutes ago, gravel said:

Thanks all for your input.

I do appreciate the benefits of membership and have been actively considering it.

Look at it this way. For the price of a couple of coffees a month ( maybe only one in some places) you get access to all the deals instantly, but furthermore you get up to date knowledge floating around the forum daily. 

Edited by James32

2 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I've sent ex-jewellery Sovereigns to Atkinson's and HGM before and they've never offered me any less.

I must admit I'm intrigued to how bad the grade C Sovereigns are.

I guess it's each to their own. I just like a nice coin.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

I think for £5 more elsewhere, why even bother tbh

My thought as well.

a few for sale

1 minute ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I've sent ex-jewellery Sovereigns to Atkinson's and HGM before and they've never offered me any less.

I must admit I'm intrigued to how bad the grade C Sovereigns are.

Buy one if your that intrigued. Buy multiples and intrigue could work out very disappointing.

How many are you after buying?

Just now, James32 said:

I guess it's each to their own. I just like a nice coin.

I'm not too fussed what they look like.

I know where you're coming from, I could never understand why my best mate who would tackle anything when we used to go clubbing.

Most of them were well below Grade C. 😁

6 minutes ago, Mysstree said:

My thought as well.

a few for sale

Buy one if your that intrigued. Buy multiples and intrigue could work out very disappointing.

How many are you after buying?

I deposit money in my Chards account every week, so when I have enough in I'll buy a Half Sovereign and see what they are like.

The grade C is obviously so they can get more than if just melting them, gold is gold but surely you want something a little better and hoping spot will go up a bit to cover them?

5 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I deposit money in my Chards account every week, so when I have enough in I'll buy a Half Sovereign and see what they are like.

If thats how your funding your gold purchases then thats an entirely reasonable position.

Personally i would have a savings account linked to my bank account and save in that and get maybe a tiny bit of interest, i doubt any bullion dealer will pay interest on money saved with them.

Saving with one dealer as well limits your buying options to that dealer only which could be bad news if you see something elsewhere and are cash strapped.

Each to their own though and if your satisfied with Chards service thats an attraction.

Have to say everything i have bought here so far has been excellent, a fair few a lot better than in the photos and all has arrived next day unless i have bought late in the day.

Not knocking dealers, i have had some good buys from HMC and Auronum and obviously a lot on here are dealers.