• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

8 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Not sure I could bring myself to buy from a website that calls postage "shipping"...

What if they call postage "free shipping"?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

11 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

What if they call postage "free shipping"?

No such thing as a free lunch.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

This is NOT a good deal.  I have said it before HGM are good at bullion deals, but when it come to proof or graded coins, they haven't a clue. 

Look at this graded coin, if it was a Gillick, you would not be impressed, a Victoria, yes,  for crying out loud, this is a 2023, graded so low and on sale for a ridiculous amount.

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/Graded-2023-Gold-Britannia-ms63

Never Chase and Never Regret 

14 minutes ago, Spyder said:

This is NOT a good deal.  I have said it before HGM are good at bullion deals, but when it come to proof or graded coins, they haven't a clue. 

Look at this graded coin, if it was a Gillick, you would not be impressed, a Victoria, yes,  for crying out loud, this is a 2023, graded so low and on sale for a ridiculous amount.

Just had a wee look. Had a giggle at the condition described as 'better than bullion' ... its a bullion coin so that is a fair old achievement, and obviously PCGS disagree!!!

3 hours ago, Spyder said:

Very true, but then again, why grade a bullion coin that is as common as that one?😮🤔

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Yes please if still available

Postage is £650 :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

14 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Either way, like many others on TSF, I find 1oz gold bullion unaffordable and am looking at 1/4oz gold, but when you multiply the cost by 4 in your head you realise it’s ‘silly money’

My last 1oz Britannia was in 2017 having paid £1031. That’s where I’d rather be, but if it dropped below £1500 I might be interested again. I am definitely not one of those wanting the gold price to go to the moon - go into space maybe, then come down again👎

It's funny, though, isn't it? We generally buy the stuff purely because it's expensive, and then complain if it's too expensive. On the one hand, the fact that it used to cost less is a concern because the price could fall again. On the other, is it all just a matter of timing because that's the old lower price that you happen to remember/have bought at?

Edited by Anteater

30 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Either way, like many others on TSF, I find 1oz gold bullion unaffordable and am looking at 1/4oz gold, but when you multiply the cost by 4 in your head you realise it’s ‘silly money’

I find it safer not to do the math.... if I did, I’d probably not having anything in the stack but a pile full of cash waiting for the deepest of dips and crying when Friday comes and up it goes again

2 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

My last 1oz Britannia was in 2017 having paid £1031. That’s where I’d rather be, but if it dropped below £1500 I might be interested again. I am definitely not one of those wanting the gold price to go to the moon - go into space maybe, then come down again👎

Anyway here’s my last Britannia…..(for my 800th posting)😀

IMG_0133.jpeg

not really because you can get a 1/4 oz brit for around £420 and current 1oz brit being sold roughly around £1650 its not that much different at £30 or even £40 and the 1/4oz will always hold that higher premium you bought it at when selling 

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I know these are quite sought after and that's not an outrageous price considering.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/1-4oz-gold-coins/pre-owned-2022-uk-elizabeth-ii-platinum-jubilee-1-4oz-proof-gold-coin

I’ve not seen this design before, it’s making me rethink all my morals I had about proof coins! 

Does anyone know how much one of these would cost in pf70?

Just now, SovereignStacker4 said:

I’ve not seen this design before, it’s making me rethink all my morals I had about proof coins! 

I've seen some for sale in the 900s recently. I think it's the best coin in the platinum jubilee range imho.

2 minutes ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

I’ve not seen that before either but if you’re thinking of buying and getting graded is that not risky as it was pre owned mate?

3 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

I’ve not seen that before either but if you’re thinking of buying and getting graded is that not risky as it was pre owned mate?

Oh Yh I completely agree. I wouldn’t be going for this one based on what you said but I’ll keep my eye out for any that pop up already graded. This is the first time I’ve seen this design though so don’t think they pop up all that often.