• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

3 hours ago, James32 said:

Yeah it's a total shame. 

weird how we've made our own narrative on this collection! Its probably total fiction but oddly I like the idea that if it's someone that died at least they finished their date run before they went, I think we can we all appreciate that.

9 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

weird how we've made our own narrative on this collection! Its probably total fiction but oddly I like the idea that if it's someone that died at least they finished their date run before they went, I think we can we all appreciate that.

I like the idea that prince Andrew found it in the downstairs bog at Buckingham palace  sold it to that woman he fingerblasted and she has weighed into Atkinson's for a all expenses trip to the isle of  Lesbos 

All joking aside I bet it's a sight to behold the collection in a box like that jealous of whoever the new owner will be 

Edited by Leonmarsh

16 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

I like the idea that prince Andrew found it in the downstairs bog at Buckingham palace  sold it to that woman he fingerblasted and she has weighed into Atkinson's for a all expenses trip to the isle of  Lesbos 

All joking aside I bet it's a sight to behold the collection in a box like that jealous of whoever the new owner will be 

If that was me I'd never leave it to the ungrateful kids, I want to be buried with my full queens beasts collection like a relatively modest pharoe!

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

If that was me I'd never leave it to the ungrateful kids, I want to be buried with my full queens beasts collection like a relatively modest pharoe!

So long as you let the forum know where, so we can... pay our respects.

Edited by Anteater

11 minutes ago, Anteater said:

So long as you let the forum know where, so we can... pay our respects.

Is that with or without shovels?

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

16 hours ago, apachebleu said:

20 people with shovels?I, I assume the cover story is you intended to use them to form a guard of honour but got delayed in traffic so here we are at midnight.

I would suggest being buried at sea with concrete boots on. I dont have any stack as I lost all mine at sea, on HMS saucy bully, leaky boat ya see...

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I would suggest being buried at sea with concrete boots on. I dont have any stack as I lost all mine at sea, on HMS saucy bully, leaky boat ya see...

These things happen all too often I'm afraid

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

What are the marks on it?

They are a bit of a two bob outfit and sometimes they acid test gold coins. I asked them before and they do not have non destruction testing equipment

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

16 minutes ago, evende said:

Their website says all coins are cleaned before sending out!

They also list all their silver as sterling in the description even when it is .999 bars and coins

43 minutes ago, Spyder said:

They also list all their silver as sterling in the description even when it is .999 bars and coins

Happy to tell you that I have previously bought two coins from them. No issues with the coins, great delivery and both had prices comparable to here. Where they get ridiculous is with coins that are sovereigns and bigger.🤔😮

7 minutes ago, Petra said:

Happy to tell you that I have previously bought two coins from them. No issues with the coins, great delivery and both had prices comparable to here. Where they get ridiculous is with coins that are sovereigns and bigger.🤔😮

I have also bought from them in the past. free delivery and coins are not polished. They seem to be all over the place with sovereign prices, if it come in any type of slab, they price the coin as if it was a proof pf70

Edited by Spyder

47 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I have also bought from them in the past. free delivery and coins are not polished. They seem to be all over the place with sovereign prices, if it come in any type of slab, they price the coin as if it was a proof pf70

😮👍

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

They are a bit of a two bob outfit and sometimes they acid test gold coins. I asked them before and they do not have non destruction testing equipment

Can see similar marks on other coins they are selling. I get acid testing jewellery with a stone, the jewellery can be cleaned up, but on coins? and if they are just testing the surface it proves nothing, even then why use acid strong enough to mark 22ct. What a strange bunch.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

There is a nice looking 2005 1/10 proof Britannia on another similar site🤔 unfortunately, when you look closer, on one side is a large reddish brown stain!  Never seen one like it on a Britannia 🤔 occasionally, you can get a good deal on smaller bits, certainly not on the sovereigns though!🫢

22 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Cheeky little 1/5 Peru 1913 Libra at £100 quid 

https://handt.co.uk/products/22ct-gold-peru-1-5-libra-coin-1913

Not sure I could bring myself to buy from a website that calls postage "shipping"...

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.