• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

I have had an identical experience to others because of Tavex's deficient computer system. Part of my paid for order was rejected in the end and offers of alternatives to the 2022 Jubilee sovereign were not acceptable. However good Tavex's customer service may be in general, it does not make up for a computer system that does not give an accurate and clear indication of the stock available for any particular coin when some one is ordering. Such a facility is available at other dealers, for example Bullion by Post, and it really ought to be at Tavex as well, so as to prevent disappointed and frustrated customers. I cancelled my entire order to express my dissatisfaction.

2 minutes ago, SiCole said:

Only Mouseman and his Lordship of the Manor would have the funds to buy this and not feel a pinch on their wallet.

A little known fact that collecting Spoons was therapeutic for the Special people in society to keep them calm. Dickens 

Why would anyone pay north of £4k for a PF69 2022 when one could buy PF69 1989 for £3.5k.  It just does not make any financial sense

Did not notice that this is the double thickness coin Piefort

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

13 hours ago, SiCole said:

I may get slaughtered on here but personally with how the market is, I thought at £7600 all in its strong money given the current 70 or nothing market. 

£5-6k i was in. 

I was thinking the same sort of price as you and was surprised by the hammer price.

15 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

Just spotted this on BBP. A free silver Brit for every £1,500 spent. Makes the most sense for larger purchases:

image.thumb.png.15cd51d0fc310ec61c7a58e5f3bb6545.png

Are you sure you’re not working for BBP..?! It’s a grand statement/claim. Shop around and you’ll find that is not necessarily the case…

45 minutes ago, lst65 said:

Are you sure you’re not working for BBP..?! It’s a grand statement/claim. Shop around and you’ll find that is not necessarily the case…

Yep. BBP are usually very expensive. At time of writing, if you wanted to get a single 2024 Gold Brit they want £1704 - a cursory glance at a rival dealer, Chards, £1659.20 plus £7 P&P. Add a 2024 Silver Brit for £26.42 to match what you get from BBP and your total is £1692.62.

Edited by marshbag

It's why I said large purchases, more like 5k plus. With the free Brits it would quickly add up, especially with say large bars that are sold at low premiums anyway.

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

Just now, MBTPSilver said:

It's why I said large purchases, more like 5k plus. With the free Brits it would quickly add up, especially with say large bars that are sold at low premiums anyway.

The larger the purchase the more the 'being ripped off' compounds?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

100g gold bar from BBP £5512.... from Atkinsons £5327 so unfortunately the free brit is a ruse

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

100g gold bar from BBP £5512.... from Atkinsons £5327 so unfortunately the free brit is a ruse

Yep, total gimmick. But it probably works for them as people are generally pretty lazy and can't be bothered to check if a "fantastic deal" actually is a "fantastic deal".

The only time I have found BBP worth using recently is when the Coronation Proofs were released, as they were the same price as RM but with free postage, plus I could actually get on their site. Or occasionally they happen to have something nobody else does.

19 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

Tell me you didn’t just say that🤪

Compounded loss the more you buy from BBP.

A little known fact that collecting Spoons was therapeutic for the Special people in society to keep them calm. Dickens