• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

19 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

@Clockpuncher this might something for you

Never Chase and Never Regret 

On 03/09/2023 at 01:05, apachebleu said:

I really don't see any reason why they won't, great designs and historically very significant. I think the next generation of collectors in 5 to 10 years will really appreciate these coins.

The jubilees have a strong premium already but the memorials are probably the ones people will look back on today's prices and be kicking themselves for not buying because they are going so cheap, I really do not understand why people aren't holding these...I'm not complaing though!

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see a premium on the bullion in the not too distant future either, nothing crazy but surely a few percent anyway.

I'm in complete agreement, the example of the 1989 is rather relevant when comparing the memorial proof sets, in my very humble opinion I suspect if we give it a few years the attitude towards them will change..

2 hours ago, slack said:

I'm in complete agreement, the example of the 1989 is rather relevant when comparing the memorial proof sets, in my very humble opinion I suspect if we give it a few years the attitude towards them will change..

Yep and not just the 1989.  All the previous modern key date designs ('89, '02, '05, '12, '16 & '17) appear to be in demand since the release of the Platinum, Memorial & Coronation collections.  The Memorial may currently be a slow burner but suspect this will become one of the key dates collectors will want to add.

Unfortunately I can't justify buying 3, 4 or let alone 5-coin sets (although these will be the demand/profit) as have enough trouble affording the date runs I'm currently trying to complete... (sigh)

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

5 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Perhaps dealers are more concerned with their profit margin, than percentage over spot with proof sets?

I remember buying this particular set in 2007 from a coin fair at Olympia for £950, but the RRP from the RM was around £1100!
I found it was always better to wait for the secondary market to fall to realistic prices. 
Anyway that’s a £2000 profit without trying, but as a collector I don’t really care. I won’t bore you with the 1989 set……!

IMG_0109.png

2 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Perhaps dealers are more concerned with their profit margin, than percentage over spot with proof sets?

I remember buying this particular set in 2007 from a coin fair at Olympia for £950, but the RRP from the RM was around £1100!
I found it was always better to wait for the secondary market to fall to realistic prices. 
Anyway that’s a £2000 profit without trying, but as a collector I don’t really care. I won’t bore you with the 1989 set……!

IMG_0109.png

I am very late to the party, but these look great! Well done😮🫢

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Anybody seen any interesting gold deals about? 👀 

Atkinsons have stock of post-2012 1/10oz Brits at a reasonable price, £176 I think it was
Few other interesting bits came into stock with them today as well, I was almost tempted to break my no spending on pm's till after Christmas Xmas resolution 

20 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Yep. Having fully bummed people with proof after proof, they’ve now moved into KCIII special limited edition bars. Rinse and repeat

There quite nice bars though to be fair 10oz limited to 6,000 pieces 

21 minutes ago, Orpster said:

You take that back, I love my 1/4oz Cypher, I even had to buy from Bullion by Post to get it

I feel your embarrassment. Me too.

A little known fact that collecting Spoons was therapeutic for the Special people in society to keep them calm. Dickens 

53 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Yep. Having fully bummed people with proof after proof, they’ve now moved into KCIII special limited edition bars. Rinse and repeat

When’s the Coronation Proof Limited Edition with Cypher coming out? Knowing Charlie it’ll be a Greenpeace logo Cypher.

Keep the cash cow milking….

A little known fact that collecting Spoons was therapeutic for the Special people in society to keep them calm. Dickens 

28 minutes ago, NGMD said:

When’s the Coronation Proof Limited Edition with Cypher coming out? Knowing Charlie it’ll be a Greenpeace logo Cypher.

Keep the cash cow milking….

I just did a bit of sick in my mouth

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

If anyone is after a 2002  Sovereign Proof with box and COA. £461 which is not a crazy price

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/gold-1oz-sovereign-2002-proof

I would advice anyone interested to do a live chat to make sure the coin is perfect as I do not like their description of better than bullion

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret