• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

1 minute ago, SilverRich said:
6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Suit yourself. You could of went viral.

I'm probably the last person on this planet that would want to go viral. 

Anyway, no gold deals anywhere right now. Best is probably the 1/4 Tudor at Chards. 

A Tudor you say. Any Queens Beasts?

1 minute ago, SyCstacker said:

Royal mint offer (if signed up apparently). Premium reduced on certain 10oz silver coins bullion and 1/10oz gold bullion. Cheaper than some dealers. Won’t copy a link, sorry.

IMG_6616.thumb.jpeg.6c71d4de5697cb1204ced6cdad4e27cd.jpegIMG_6615.thumb.jpeg.d7ffb053ad7ac0bd96ea30f5fb2b7098.jpegIMG_6614.thumb.png.3b48e7e4e561346d020376ec4ad87f2f.png

Couldn’t copy link, not won’t 🙄

11 minutes ago, SyCstacker said:

Royal mint offer (if signed up apparently). Premium reduced on certain 10oz silver coins bullion and 1/10oz gold bullion. Cheaper than some dealers. Won’t copy a link, sorry.

IMG_6616.thumb.jpeg.6c71d4de5697cb1204ced6cdad4e27cd.jpegIMG_6615.thumb.jpeg.d7ffb053ad7ac0bd96ea30f5fb2b7098.jpegIMG_6614.thumb.png.3b48e7e4e561346d020376ec4ad87f2f.png

Not bad from them but Chards are cheaper. I realise this is the gold section but their 10oz TB coins are £296 delivered.

2 minutes ago, SilverRich said:

Not bad from them but Chards are cheaper. I realise this is the gold section but their 10oz TB coins are £296 delivered.

About right for RM silver and delivery 🙄but the 1/10oz gold looks cheaper than Atkinson.. if you want small fractional.

2 minutes ago, SyCstacker said:

About right for RM silver and delivery 🙄but the 1/10oz gold looks cheaper than Atkinson.. if you want small fractional.

Yeh, it's probably about the same with delivery added. Just shows how few deals there are when RM are having to discount like that. 

3 hours ago, SyCstacker said:

Yes for small fractional the price is good. Free delivery on bullion as well I think

Looking for a deal on something about the 1/4 oz size, but not much about.

HGM beating the forum for sovs too which is disappointing.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

1 hour ago, BaldyBob said:

Not anymore… sold out🤔😮

1 hour ago, BaldyBob said:

Something a bit different. Sovereign specs and not too steep a premium - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/world-coins/colombian-gold-coins/colombian-5-pesos-gold-coin/

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

26 minutes ago, gravel said:

Totally new to metals. Anyone have experience with "grade C" sovereigns from Chards? How bad are 

What price are they currently including post?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Personally I wouldn't bother. I had a bad experience in the past when I had a complaint in returning a bullion coin. Better to pay a few quid more and get a nicer yellow gold sovereign either from another dealer or on TSF. Recently some have come up for 450 a pop.

Scren5.png

4 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Personally I wouldn't bother. I had a bad experience in the past when I had a complaint in returning a bullion coin. Better to pay a few quid more and get a nicer yellow gold sovereign either from another dealer or on TSF. Recently some have come up for 450 a pop.

Scren5.png

I'm inclined to agree.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I still purchase from chards every now and again so please don't think this is "hating" on them. I just don't buy much and not any sovereigns.

I think the biggest impact recently for sovereign purchases is the new postage fees. A lot of the times I have noticed that sales online (on TSF or an alternative ) may not necassarily end up being cheaper then going in person to a bullion dealer and purchasing sovereigns. It is now even more price sensitive for us stackers/collectors in my opinion. I'll still support purchasing from TSF over bullion dealers but one must always weigh up the options carefully.

...and never panic!

Do your comments apply equally to the normal yellow gold "best value/secondary market" coins on Chards (2.55% premium, currently ~458.50 for one). I've been weighing up buying a small number of sovereigns for the past couple of weeks and Chards seems to be the best value for that, even with postage added. Obviously the main reason is to have some gold, but I'd rather not end up with an unsaleable mess of a coin.

Considering perhaps 4 then regular additions over time. With my mind on Chards I was considering some mix of the best value second handers and maybe some new halves because the premium is ok on there right now.

I feel I have too much cash and am relatively pessimistic about the economy. I'm buying to have an asset I don't currently. I do not expect to be in a position where I need to liquidate to afford anything. I am playing with money I can afford to lose/allow to do its thing over a long period.

EDIT: In terms of condition - not a collector. Don't care to pay a premium for proofs or specials etc. I would be happy with the lowest common denominator, bang for buck, that is likely to have a secondary market if ever I chose to sell.

Edited by gravel

2 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

How many are you buying? Do you care what type of sovereign and condition you are getting? Are you buying to keep long term or to liquidate at any given moment?

No @MrStacker , conditioner , don’t care , year don’t care   ,, , pass on to the kids when you die , , then they pass iit on and so on and so forth , -, , “ leave property , cash , and a bit of metal , die knowingly  you did your best , and gave your all  for the next generation, , “ “ everything else means nothing , ( hope that cheered you up bud?? 😀👍

9 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

How many are you buying? Do you care what type of sovereign and condition you are getting? Are you buying to keep long term or to liquidate at any given moment?

What’s wrong with on here? Loads of full and half turning up … 🤔